Hosting Upgrade

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
Good afternoon,

When we first created the Forum, we opted to use a shared hosting environment. That approach allowed us to spool up the Forum and also fund the custom development required for the plugins and other Forum Features we use each time we login.

It is clear to me that our Community will remain active in 2026, just like in 2025. I have opted to spend more on hosting to improve performance and security. We have also engaged Mostafa to upgrade our operating environment and optimize the code for the plugins. Finally, the size of the attachment upload will be increased from 2 MB to 4 MB, which I hope will enable more spontaneous picture uploads while you are out and about on your CB1100.

I am working with the migration team this weekend to complete the hosting upgrade. It is my hope it will be a non-event for Forum Members, but we may have to schedule a few hours of downtime. I will let you know as soon as the details are sorted out.

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences with your motorcycle and the good will you weave into each Thread and Post. if only the balance of the world could get along as well as the Forum Members of cb1100forum.net!

More to follow.

David
 

Attachments

  • Upgrade.webp
    Upgrade.webp
    72.3 KB · Views: 56
As always, rdprdp01, I'm extremely grateful for all your time, energy and yes, your willingness to financially float this community of beauty.
 
Thread starter
We have completed the setup of our new virtual server. I have authorized our hosting provider to start the migration process. I will advise when it has been completed. More to follow and have a great weekend. David
 
Thanks for your work and commitment, David.
 
Thanks for all of your hard work to keep us all together so we can enjoy this community!
 
Thread starter
The hosting migration has been completed. Please advise if you experience any problems. David
 
What everybody said. Thank you very much for keeping the forum up and running.

Sure you don’t want some donations?
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the offer but no thank you. I take a lot more from the Forum than I give. The least I can do is pay for things and keep the lights on.

The real heroes are Cormanus and pdsdse, who provide the moderation and always keep things entertaining. Here is what I want: let's keep the band together and capture those moments worth remembering.
 
Back
Top