Honestly, I miss my '13 tank

Vossero_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
You know, on my 13 CB, i loved the tank and shape. When I got my DLX i love my larger tank, but when i see pics of the 13 tank, I'm just like...hell yea that looks sick!

That is all.
 
The grass is always greener.....
 
Buy a used '13 tank from Takashi and mount it in your living room. By mount, I mean affix....
 
The 13 is visually stunning from many angles. I look at some of the pics posted and sigh, and if Honda hadn't brought out the dlx, I would have been perfectly happy with my 13.

but for me, the 14 dlx is so much better
 
Ahhh...the sleek lines of the 2013.....I also like the 2013 tank and side panels better.

But I love that aluminum sprocket cover on the 2014. So much better than the cheap plastic part on the 2013. So I added one to mine. Call it a 2013.1 CB1100

My $140 chrome chain guard from PLOT will be for sale in September. I placed the very first order for a WM stainless steel chain guard, a look-alike of the Ryujin chain guard. Do I get a prize for a $270 chain guard?
 
[quote='CB4ME' pid='54009' dateline='1407330421

Do I get a prize for a $270 chain guard?
[/QUOTE]

That's got to be one of the least expensive things you've bought for that bike. ;)
 
Vossero_imp said:
You know, on my 13 CB, i loved the tank and shape. When I got my DLX i love my larger tank, but when i see pics of the 13 tank, I'm just like...hell yea that looks sick!

That is all.
when you ride her, just close your eyes and don't know the difference.
 
cbdtran_imp said:
Vossero_imp said:
You know, on my 13 CB, i loved the tank and shape. When I got my DLX i love my larger tank, but when i see pics of the 13 tank, I'm just like...hell yea that looks sick!

That is all.
when you ride her, just close your eyes and don't know the difference.
when you ride her, just close your eyes and don't know the difference.
HAHAHAA...so wrong, but funny as all get out.

I agree, preferring the lines of the 13 (and being a cheapskate) contributed to going with a 14 standard for me. Aluminum sprocket cover? check (though covered in black paint). six speed transmission? check. New instrument cluster? check. Wonderful left hand switches with the improved turn signal and horn locations? CHECK.
 
Wonderful left hand switches with the improved turn signal and horn locations? CHECK.

Whaaaaat? I love my 13 left hand switch on my 14. No errors on any of the bikes since making the switch (pun intended) lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Wonderful left hand switches with the improved turn signal and horn locations? CHECK.

Whaaaaat? I love my 13 left hand switch on my 14. No errors on any of the bikes since making the switch (pun intended) lol
yep--that last one was just for you ;)

I have grown to appreciate breaking grip a little less to use the signals... but when an emergency horn press is needed, I still end up mashing the signal switch instead.
 
Todd_K_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Wonderful left hand switches with the improved turn signal and horn locations? CHECK.

Whaaaaat? I love my 13 left hand switch on my 14. No errors on any of the bikes since making the switch (pun intended) lol
yep--that last one was just for you ;)

I have grown to appreciate breaking grip a little less to use the signals... but when an emergency horn press is needed, I still end up mashing the signal switch instead.
yep--that last one was just for you ;)

I have grown to appreciate breaking grip a little less to use the signals... but when an emergency horn press is needed, I still end up mashing the signal switch instead.
Honestly for me, putting on the 13 switch just made this almost perfect bike just that much sweeter. I am no longer blowing my horn when I really wanted to signal a turn, or cancelling a non existent signal when some idiot starts to pull out in front of me and I want to give them a toot to let them know I am there.

Near perfection, perfected :thumbsup:
 
To my eye, they sacrificed some of the clean lines of the original design to make measurable gains elsewhere with the EX/DLX models. For me, this is no more apparent than it is with the tank design. While the new tank shape is not to my taste, if I racked up a lot more highway mies on the CB I'm guessing that I could more easily manage to overlook it. Hey, at least I'm consistent: whereas many are fine with them, I feel the same way about the tanks featured on the Hinckley era Triumph Bonnevilles.
 
The ferret_imp said:
The 13 is visually stunning from many angles. I look at some of the pics posted and sigh, and if Honda hadn't brought out the dlx, I would have been perfectly happy with my 13.

but for me, the 14 dlx is so much better
I'm with you Ferrett... I 'kind of' miss my 13. The '14 has ultimately what I was missing on the '13...but I still miss her nevertheless. Maybe it was because she was my 'first'. We all remember our first...right? :thumbsup:
 
Why I have 1 of each. Now where is that CB1300 or a spoked, blue CB1100 for 2015. Always room for another couple in the garage.
 
Guth_imp said:
To my eye, they sacrificed some of the clean lines of the original design to make measurable gains elsewhere with the EX/DLX models. For me, this is no more apparent than it is with the tank design. While the new tank shape is not to my taste, if I racked up a lot more highway mies on the CB I'm guessing that I could more easily manage to overlook it. Hey, at least I'm consistent: whereas many are fine with them, I feel the same way about the tanks featured on the Hinckley era Triumph Bonnevilles.
+1. It's hardly unusual, but Honda clearly sacrificed the beauty of the original design to meet perceived customer demands. Luckily the STD is still available, albeit without the gorgeous red paint the 13's came with.
 
There were a couple miscues with the looks of the Hinkley Bonnies, tank too large, no gap between motor and seat post, and pipes with goofy kink in them. Yet it's still easily recognizable as a Triumph Bonneville. They got it just close enough to be acceptable.
 
Back
Top