Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Looking at the Kawasaki Z400, how can someone of short stature swing a leg over that rear seat?misterprofessionality_imp said:that probably explains why she's been so specifically drawn to bonnevilles and other parallel twins like the z400. they're just the right design for her. as far as width, she's well aware of that. we've been looking for things that are especially narrow at the middle, and even checking the aftermarket for flatter side covers in some cases to make it even more narrow.
Yes, of course, but really, you should be able to stand on the ground and swing a leg over it. Bad design, as it's all for looks.The ferret_imp said:step on the near side peg when mounting
actually i can answer this definitively! she has no problem with it at all. she just bends her knee and it doesn't give her any trouble. the z400 is really one of the bikes that's at the very top of the list, because the sitting position on it is *just barely* too tall in its stock configuration. it remains one of the primary contenders for her replacement bike in the future for that reason. that bike is really really friendly to short riders, compared to some others out there.pekingduck_imp said:Looking at the Kawasaki Z400, how can someone of short stature swing a leg over that rear seat?misterprofessionality_imp said:that probably explains why she's been so specifically drawn to bonnevilles and other parallel twins like the z400. they're just the right design for her. as far as width, she's well aware of that. we've been looking for things that are especially narrow at the middle, and even checking the aftermarket for flatter side covers in some cases to make it even more narrow.
I liked the video Cormanus. Prior to your posting, I thought anyone can mount a m/c like a horse - simply set-up and swing da leg - side stand, center stand, or on-the-move.Cormanus_imp said:Quite right to discount the video I posted. It was meant for amusement.
I’d seen it before and went to YouTube to track it down. Searching for “short people and motorcycles” threw up a few videos that may be of interest, a couple of them by shorter women. On the only one I watched there was a focus on smaller capacity sport bikes which I suspect is of limited interest to MrsP; however, there were others.
Well, I guess the difference is, a horse can maintain its balance actively by itself, no matter how awkward the rider tries to get into the saddle...GoldOxide_imp said:I liked the video Cormanus. Prior to your posting, I thought anyone can mount a m/c like a horse - simply set-up and swing da leg - side stand, center stand, or on-the-move.Cormanus_imp said:Quite right to discount the video I posted. It was meant for amusement.
I’d seen it before and went to YouTube to track it down. Searching for “short people and motorcycles” threw up a few videos that may be of interest, a couple of them by shorter women. On the only one I watched there was a focus on smaller capacity sport bikes which I suspect is of limited interest to MrsP; however, there were others.
As said before, I think the larger issue is managing the top-heavy weight when the static CB leans a bit too far left or right.
- - -
Hmm, maybe I am too tall for the CB. :huh:
Who is the tallest here at the CB1100 Forum? Still have and liking your lump?