Honda Top box

olafurarason_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi. I´m looking for Honda Top box, Candy Red, for my 2016 EX.
It seems be out of stock everywhere.
Does anyone know of such for sale.
 
I see. Sorry. Since it is a Honda box and out of production it may be hard to find one.
 
olafurarason_imp said:
Hi. I´m looking for Honda Top box, Candy Red, for my 2016 EX.
It seems be out of stock everywhere.
Does anyone know of such for sale.
That is actually a good lookin' (although little) box for the CB1100.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
olafurarason_imp said:
Hi. I´m looking for Honda Top box, Candy Red, for my 2016 EX.
It seems be out of stock everywhere.
Does anyone know of such for sale.
That is actually a good lookin' (although little) box for the CB1100.
That is actually a good lookin' (although little) box for the CB1100.
My full face helmet fits quite nicely in mine. It's big enough for what I need on a day to day basis.
 
So the part number for this seems to be "08L71-KZL-861ZA". I found some on e-bay, but the are black. You can buy the black one and have it painted read to match the oem colors.
*
FYI, I am having my red 2014 CB1100DX fuel tank painted by a local/reputable painter (SpeedZone San Diego ... I have seen his CB750 retro work and its excellent). The tank was still pretty, but had 2 little chips and 1 little ding on the front/top. At 50k, it deserves a makeover, so the guy said he would make it perfect by filling in the ding and chips, taping off the decals, painting the top and feathering down to the bottom, then clear coating. Hoping to get it back soon. Have heard complaints about the chipping issues of the oem applied paint/clearcoat and I hoping the new clearcoat will be better quality. :)
 
bflint_imp said:
So the part number for this seems to be "08L71-KZL-861ZA". I found some on e-bay, but the are black. You can buy the black one and have it painted read to match the oem colors.
*
FYI, I am having my red 2014 CB1100DX fuel tank painted by a local/reputable painter (SpeedZone San Diego ... I have seen his CB750 retro work and its excellent). The tank was still pretty, but had 2 little chips and 1 little ding on the front/top. At 50k, it deserves a makeover, so the guy said he would make it perfect by filling in the ding and chips, taping off the decals, painting the top and feathering down to the bottom, then clear coating. Hoping to get it back soon. Have heard complaints about the chipping issues of the oem applied paint/clearcoat and I hoping the new clearcoat will be better quality. :)
Yup. :D
 
My '13 came with a Givi box, but I took it off 'cause it makes the bike look like a wasp, and put a set of Cortech bags I already had on instead, they're much lower in profile, but then when I got my NTM Suzi, that also had a huge top box that I took off, and since I was planning on selling the Honda, I put its box back on and put the soft bags on the Suzi. Then I decided to not sell the Honda, but the BMW instead, so I put the Honda box back on. It's still way too f'ing big, and there seems to be no way to close and latch it without key locking it, and that's annoying, but, WTH, I can't see it when I'm riding, so....
'
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
My '13 came with a Givi box, but I took it off 'cause it makes the bike look like a wasp, and put a set of Cortech bags I already had on instead, they're much lower in profile, but then when I got my NTM Suzi, that also had a huge top box that I took off, and since I was planning on selling the Honda, I put its box back on and put the soft bags on the Suzi. Then I decided to not sell the Honda, but the BMW instead, so I put the Honda box back on. It's still way too f'ing big, and there seems to be no way to close and latch it without key locking it, and that's annoying, but, WTH, I can't see it when I'm riding, so....
'
" ... yep, the box is still there ... "

" ... yep, the box is still there ... "

" ... yep, the box is still there ... "

. . .

" ... yep, the box is still there ... " :s

" ... whew!."
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
My '13 came with a Givi box, but I took it off 'cause it makes the bike look like a wasp, and put a set of Cortech bags I already had on instead, they're much lower in profile, but then when I got my NTM Suzi, that also had a huge top box that I took off, and since I was planning on selling the Honda, I put its box back on and put the soft bags on the Suzi. Then I decided to not sell the Honda, but the BMW instead, so I put the Honda box back on. It's still way too f'ing big, and there seems to be no way to close and latch it without key locking it, and that's annoying, but, WTH, I can't see it when I'm riding, so....
'
" ... yep, the box is still there ... "

" ... yep, the box is still there ... "

" ... yep, the box is still there ... "

. . .

" ... yep, the box is still there ... " :s

" ... whew!."
" ... yep, the box is still there ... "

" ... yep, the box is still there ... "

" ... yep, the box is still there ... "
. . .
" ... yep, the box is still there ... " :s

" ... whew!."
Do you stutter while typing ????:P
 
olafurarason_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The Candy Red Top Boxes from Samurider are out of production and not available anymore.
The Candy Red Top Boxes from Samurider are out of production and not available anymore. All of the custom made (paint to match) pieces on Samurider say “out of stock” since they are custom made. If you haven’t done so, reach out to them (Takashi) for availability. Good luck!
 
Tried to order the lock cylinder kit ( Product # 08M70EWM000) today from Webike and my security system (AVG) shut it down saying it is infected with "URL:Phishing." I tried to leave them a message, but everything I tried, the security shut down. I don't know else to contact them. Hope they read this and get it fixed.
 
Your local locksmith is your friend. I have been searching on-line to get the wafers for the lock cylinder (# 08M70EWM000) for my new-to-me top-box so I could key it for my bike. Took it to a near-by locksmith this morning and the nice lady had it completely re-furbished for me in ten minutes. Charged me ten dollars because it was such an easy job. Now my key fits and I don't have a lot of extra little parts I can't use. And I gave her a $20 because she was fun to talk to and I was so relieved to have it done. Should have gone there first. Lesson learned.
 
Back
Top