Honda Toolkit

GoldOxide_imp said:
My Honda came with a "Philips" screw driver, fuse puller, and a vinyl pouch.

Spanning five decades I have never used a toolkit. Apparently, Honda doesn't think I need any either.
I found the perfect tool set that will fit neatly in that vinyl pouch...
698d70b402ef2b76e2868c8a4163ac6d.jpg
 
michael1954_imp said:
Whoops_imp said:
Since I'm not riding at the moment while I sort out some health concerns, I figured I would kit out my CB a bit. After meeting LakeWylieJoe and observing his zeal for all things related to 80's Honda nostalgia, I figured I would assemble a complete toolkit for the spacious trunk of the bike.

Honda sells the toolkit piecemeal and it seems that just like McDonalds Monopoly, you can get every piece you need save for one. That missing piece would be a hex wrench of apparently unknown proportions. I say unknown because apparently not one single parts house lists the item number on their fiche even though the part clearly exists on the exploded diagram. What is part number 5 and why are we not allowed to see the details? What is Honda covering up?

I give you exhibit A, PartZilla toolkit parts list where number 5 must exist but has been erased for some nefarious reason.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2014/cb1100-ac/tool

And exhibit B. The same part missing from another parts vendor.
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/52f28c16f870021404ec5a54/tool

Exhibit C...
Shop 2014 Honda CB1100 TOOL OEM Parts Diagram - RevZilla

I submit that this scandal has the propensity to rock the 3rd party parts market once the news media gets hold of this.

FREE PART #5!!!
I think PartsFish may be cheaper than all 3 of these on some of the items.
These guys know a good engine when they see one! :D

a952c318e18161ba8ae9d07f1edee084.png


(see my signature)
 
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
My Honda came with a "Philips" screw driver, fuse puller, and a vinyl pouch.

Spanning five decades I have never used a toolkit. Apparently, Honda doesn't think I need any either.
I found the perfect tool set that will fit neatly in that vinyl pouch...
698d70b402ef2b76e2868c8a4163ac6d.jpg
I found the perfect tool set that will fit neatly in that vinyl pouch...
87ba1fef04673e4368dd4b545f71a4d9.jpg

That is not far from the truth, ... , until one goes deep offroad.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
My Honda came with a "Philips" screw driver, fuse puller, and a vinyl pouch.

Spanning five decades I have never used a toolkit. Apparently, Honda doesn't think I need any either.
I found the perfect tool set that will fit neatly in that vinyl pouch...
698d70b402ef2b76e2868c8a4163ac6d.jpg
I found the perfect tool set that will fit neatly in that vinyl pouch...
87ba1fef04673e4368dd4b545f71a4d9.jpg

That is not far from the truth, ... , until one goes deep offroad.
Which is why I carry only the basic of tools for the CB1100 for long distances, and have a robust set when I get lost on my KLR650.
 
Stichill_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
Whoops_imp said:
Since I'm not riding at the moment while I sort out some health concerns, I figured I would kit out my CB a bit. After meeting LakeWylieJoe and observing his zeal for all things related to 80's Honda nostalgia, I figured I would assemble a complete toolkit for the spacious trunk of the bike.

Honda sells the toolkit piecemeal and it seems that just like McDonalds Monopoly, you can get every piece you need save for one. That missing piece would be a hex wrench of apparently unknown proportions. I say unknown because apparently not one single parts house lists the item number on their fiche even though the part clearly exists on the exploded diagram. What is part number 5 and why are we not allowed to see the details? What is Honda covering up?

I give you exhibit A, PartZilla toolkit parts list where number 5 must exist but has been erased for some nefarious reason.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/2014/cb1100-ac/tool

And exhibit B. The same part missing from another parts vendor.
https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/52f28c16f870021404ec5a54/tool

Exhibit C...
Shop 2014 Honda CB1100 TOOL OEM Parts Diagram - RevZilla

I submit that this scandal has the propensity to rock the 3rd party parts market once the news media gets hold of this.

FREE PART #5!!!
I think PartsFish may be cheaper than all 3 of these on some of the items.
These guys know a good engine when they see one! :D

a952c318e18161ba8ae9d07f1edee084.png


(see my signature)
These guys know a good engine when they see one! :D

13317d1baac04ab43cbc8a5ab7d12f41.png


(see my signature)
PartsFish is the only 'Parts' place I buy from now. They have very nice customer Reps, better prices and usually are pretty fast unless Honda is out of that part at the time.
 
In Canada, the Honda Africa Twin got:

* The useless pouch,
* The fuse puller,
* And the Philips-style driver bit and handle.

That's it. Really, really sad.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
In Canada, the Honda Africa Twin got:

* The useless pouch,
* The fuse puller,
* And the Philips-style driver bit and handle.

That's it. Really, really sad.
Perhaps that is a reflection of the mechanical skills of Canadians........
 
Houtman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
In Canada, the Honda Africa Twin got:

* The useless pouch,
* The fuse puller,
* And the Philips-style driver bit and handle.

That's it. Really, really sad.
Perhaps that is a reflection of the mechanical skills of Canadians........
Perhaps that is a reflection of the mechanical skills of Canadians........
Heh, heh, ya, we joke on the other forum. But the U.S. toolkit is the same. :)

We tell BMWers (who have precision, full-suite BMW toolkits) that Honda motorcycles don't need toolkits. Just a plastic tweezer to pull a fuse from time-to-time.
 
I just checked out the tool kit in my 2014 standard. A mouse had chewed the plastic pouch and all that was in the kit was a screwdriver handle and the driver that goes with it. The bike has 50, yes 50 miles on it. I bought it new but work overseas and never get to ride it. The mouse was evidently not deterred by the moth balls and cedar planks but at lease chewed nothing else. I was floored that it didn't have the spark plug socket and shock spanner that all the old Honda's I have ever owned (about 26) had included. I would think that a bike that cost around 11K new would have a tool kit.
I love the bike and can't wait to retire so I can spend more time with it. If I ever sell it someone will get a deal considering the lack of mileage!
 
The bike is $ 11000 so you do NOT need a tool kit , buddy of mine bought a 2021 new Royal Enfield 650 Int. for only just over $ 6000 but it came with a comprehensive tool kit , do you get the picture ?
 
Yeah, you'll be fine britbikes42. It is a Honda and a top shelf CB1100. I don't recall ever using the toolkit.

Likely your first problem will either be a flat battery, or a flat tire.
 
Yeah, the only reason I noticed is last time I was home in NC I was going to remove the plugs and check them because I was having some missing issues due to the excess stabilizer in the fuel. I pulled out the old fuel and put new in and figured I should check the plugs. I had my tools stored at my sons house in VA so had limited tools.
 
The stock CB1100 tool kit provided is way more comprehensive than the ones provided for a new car. It includes a screwdriver.
 
Absolutely! All you get with a new car is an owners manual the size of a bible!
All my previous bikes have been British and Japanese with none newer than very early 80's, most 60's - 70's. My first was a '74 CB550F. The exception being a '95 Buell S2 Thunderbolt so I was used to seeing more complete kits!
I guess I have beat this thing to death at this point.
 
Back
Top