GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
How does one be assured that the rider clutch transition requests don't get transposed through some algorithm to apply the friction plates in its own optimal way? If so, then a servo-driven "manual clutch" is redundant. Might as well automate the actuation - which Honda already does successfully on models having the servo-driven DCT option. Remember: The DCT option has rider manual override which still does all the friction plate duties.obleo_imp said:Personally I like it. Less missed shifts and probably less wear on the clutch itself. If it helps get another generation of riders on motorcycles Iam for it.
My sentiments also. I have two P/U trucks for transportation but our bikes are strictly for pleasure. I still rate the 1973 BMW the most satisfying motorcycle I've owned. Manual everything down to a kick start if the battery failed. It was so basic and easy to maintain. I'm glad that age will prevent seeing the changes that are coming.Haggard Rider_imp said:I ride my bike purely for pleasure, not because I have to. And for me, changing gear (with any associated cock-ups) is part of that pleasure.
I've had an NC750 DCT but I ended up just using it in manual - I was getting no pleasure from using the DCT box. I'm in no way denying its capability or usefulness just that for me it detracts from the pleasure of riding at motorbike.
Slip and assist clutches (I still down blip, because it adds to my enjoyment), low RPM assist clutches are the limit of the assistance I would want.
We'll get enough electrickery on the forthcoming EVs 2 and 4 wheeled. I'll stick with what I've got thanks.
I understand that sentiment, although I also ride my bike purely for pleasure. After 56 continuous years of nearly daily riding, shifting no longer thrills me like it used to, hence my purchase of an NC750X DCT.Haggard Rider_imp said:I ride my bike purely for pleasure, not because I have to. And for me, changing gear (with any associated cock-ups) is part of that pleasure.
I've had an NC750 DCT but I ended up just using it in manual - I was getting no pleasure from using the DCT box. I'm in no way denying its capability or usefulness just that for me it detracts from the pleasure of riding at motorbike.
Slip and assist clutches (I still down blip, because it adds to my enjoyment), low RPM assist clutches are the limit of the assistance I would want.
We'll get enough electrickery on the forthcoming EVs 2 and 4 wheeled. I'll stick with what I've got thanks.