HONDA tank emblem '17 EX

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
Need dimensions of 2017 EX "HONDA" tank emblem .
Hight x length in inches or centimeters, also if side/surface facing tank is slightly concave or flat.
Close range angle pic of >H or A< to see letter shape facing tank would be more than welcome :)
Thanx all who responded
 
Peter...I have silver CBX tank emblems.....6 1/4” Long....flat with 2 mounting holes.....and I have white, slightly curved emblems with stems that have to be ground off..6 3/4” part # 87121-341-000 both would be mounted with 2 sided tape
Height is 1”
Peter 2017 emblems are 160mm (6.2”)....86171-MGC-JDO AND 86172-MGC-JDO
These were put on with double sided tape
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Need dimensions of 2017 EX "HONDA" tank emblem .
Hight x length in inches or centimeters, also if side/surface facing tank is slightly concave or flat.
Close range angle pic of >H or A< to see letter shape facing tank would be more than welcome :)
Thanx all who responded
If I had to guess PB I'd say you were about to 3D print sumthin'. ;)
 
DesertViper...
thx for the pics w/ honda partnumbers...
question; the gold stripe on the black tank...
was that painted on, or is that a decal w/ a Honda part number?
Desert viper_imp said:
Peter...I have silver CBX tank emblems.....6 1/4” Long....flat with 2 mounting holes.....and I have white, slightly curved emblems with stems that have to be ground off..6 3/4” part # 87121-341-000 both would be mounted with 2 sided tape
Height is 1”
Peter 2017 emblems are 160mm (6.2”)....86171-MGC-JDO AND 86172-MGC-JDO
These were put on with double sided tape
 
Thread starter
Desert viper_imp said:
Peter...I have silver CBX tank emblems.....6 1/4” Long....flat with 2 mounting holes.....and I have white, slightly curved emblems with stems that have to be ground off..6 3/4” part # 87121-341-000 both would be mounted with 2 sided tape
Height is 1”
Peter 2017 emblems are 160mm (6.2”)....86171-MGC-JDO AND 86172-MGC-JDO
These were put on with double sided tape
Dv, can you place the white emblem and its reverse/black side on a white piece of paper (my tank is white) and post its pics, please. ..
Tx for your info so far
:)
 
Hi guys.....the tank is another members......the painter hand paints the stripes.....as for the double sided tape I really don’t know what they used....yes Peter I will take pics tomorrow on a white sheet of paper......heading out now for a party......Peter I think black Honda letters would look sharp with your white tank with a black stripe at the top of the tank.....I’m picturing it now in my head....
These letters
 
Desert viper_imp said:
Hi guys.....the tank is another members......the painter hand paints the stripes.....as for the double sided tape I really don’t know what they used....yes Peter I will take pics tomorrow on a white sheet of paper......heading out now for a party......Peter I think black Honda letters would look sharp with your white tank with a black stripe at the top of the tank.....I’m picturing it now in my head....
These letters
Classy DV. Very much British inspired.
 
Thread starter
DV, thanks for your info & latest pics, but at this moment, the project is under reviewing. I'll get back to you if I need further assistance...
Tx
:)
 
Thread starter
PB already has OEM/Made in Japan 16.8 L tank (stock 14.6L)..
The project, was to put on Honda emblem next to the round decal ..
and after outsourcing for opinion, project is suspended = does not look good = crowded :@
The bike stays as pictured below:

2e61fbcd6054dca9fd2049d0cd21b8b2.jpg


Thank you all involved!

:)
 
I agree too. The round wing on the early CBs is a beautiful thing.
 
Peter hangs with the dark side. Close attention he should pay to redbirds’ plight.
 
Good one PB: Dark side of a rock.

But the harsh Forum rules apply here too:

You gotta bring the rock and CB together. I know you have been thinking up a plan. Are you Werewolf? :P

Start howling! ( ... and revving)
 
Back
Top