honda oil filter and wrench combo part number

vfrpaul98_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
cb1100 oil filter and oil filter wrench combo part number
15010-mce-h51. order 1 time and have a filter wrench for life, fits auto also.:)
Paul.
 
I've been using that combo on the CB750 for years. One thing I found (the hard way) is that the Honda wrench will not fit any of the aftermarket filters. Not such a huge deal on the CB11, but the Nighthawk had pipes in front of the filter. Not being able to use the wrench was a real pain. I just went back to OEM to make my life easier.

It works out great for me since both bikes use the same filter (and wrench) and I buy filters in bulk whenever they're on sale. Last batch came out to $8.50 each delivered (as opposed to the $20 that my dealer wants).
 
I hit (and passed) 600 miles today so I went and picked up a WIX filter and some Castrol moto oil in the 10W40 variety. I will do the change tomorrow and go over the bike.

1c74c3ec696feb44f5d8f0c3025ac02e.jpg
 
I just found a OEM Honda oil filter in my basement stash of parts. I think it was for a VTX 1800C. The number is 15410. Is this the same number for a CB1100? I can't seem to find the oil filter number for our bikes in the owners manual.

thanks
 
Ole_imp said:
I just found a OEM Honda oil filter in my basement stash of parts. I think it was for a VTX 1800C. The number is 15410. Is this the same number for a CB1100? I can't seem to find the oil filter number for our bikes in the owners manual.

thanks

Look in the how to do your own 600 mile service thread, i put the part number in there. Its a long number..15410 is just the first part of it.

How To do your own 600 mile service
 
Thanks ferret that's it! 15410-MFJ-D01
That is the same number for a 2003 VTX 1800C

I am like a kid on Christmas Eve who just found a hidden present under the tree!
Time to change the oil Saturday already
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Nice try.

Everybody is going to use the oil they want and nothing you can do will ever change their mind. Its worse than religion or politics.... They know they're right and that's it.
 
Deanohh_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
Nice try.

Everybody is going to use the oil they want and nothing you can do will ever change their mind. Its worse than religion or politics.... They know they're right and that's it.
Nice try.

Everybody is going to use the oil they want and nothing you can do will ever change their mind. Its worse than religion or politics.... They know they're right and that's it.
Hmmm... I usually use what the manual says the engine requires.
In the case of the CB1100, it only gives one choice
10w30
 
service manual says 10w30 or 10w40

my CB1100 will see nothing but Amsoil 10w40 just like all my bikes
 
+1 on the 10w40. Amsoil and Redline are topshelf and worth the money.
I didn't wait to change my oil, it was the nastiest stuff I've seen at 13 miles. I did 13 250 500 next is 2000.
I'm using Redline and happy with the results, going by sound only. The sewing machine valve sound's when good and hot are about cut in half, she's really smooth and quiet now. I love the simple oil changes on a naked bikes. :D

If the stinkin' Prius was only so easy.......
 
Deanohh_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
Nice try.

Everybody is going to use the oil they want and nothing you can do will ever change their mind. Its worse than religion or politics.... They know they're right and that's it.
Nice try.

Everybody is going to use the oil they want and nothing you can do will ever change their mind. Its worse than religion or politics.... They know they're right and that's it.
If you all are so confident about the oil you choose to use other than that specified by Honda (Pro Honda GN4 not synthetic, 10-30 or 10-40) then I want you to go over to the VIN registry page and update your post to include the oil you used. That way when someone buys a used bike from you they will know exactly what they are getting.

It just boggles my mind that you pay $10,000 for a motorcycle and then think you know better what oil to put in it than the engineers who made it. Why don't you just buy a bike from a manufacturer who recommends the oil you want to use. That would make more sense. Sheesh. :huh:
 
meowguy_imp said:
Deanohh_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
Nice try.

Everybody is going to use the oil they want and nothing you can do will ever change their mind. Its worse than religion or politics.... They know they're right and that's it.
Nice try.

Everybody is going to use the oil they want and nothing you can do will ever change their mind. Its worse than religion or politics.... They know they're right and that's it.
If you all are so confident about the oil you choose to use other than that specified by Honda (Pro Honda GN4 not synthetic, 10-30 or 10-40) then I want you to go over to the VIN registry page and update your post to include the oil you used. That way when someone buys a used bike from you they will know exactly what they are getting.

It just boggles my mind that you pay $10,000 for a motorcycle and then think you know better what oil to put in it than the engineers who made it. Why don't you just buy a bike from a manufacturer who recommends the oil you want to use. That would make more sense. Sheesh. :huh:
Nice try.

Everybody is going to use the oil they want and nothing you can do will ever change their mind. Its worse than religion or politics.... They know they're right and that's it.
If you all are so confident about the oil you choose to use other than that specified by Honda (Pro Honda GN4 not synthetic, 10-30 or 10-40) then I want you to go over to the VIN registry page and update your post to include the oil you used. That way when someone buys a used bike from you they will know exactly what they are getting.

It just boggles my mind that you pay $10,000 for a motorcycle and then think you know better what oil to put in it than the engineers who made it. Why don't you just buy a bike from a manufacturer who recommends the oil you want to use. That would make more sense. Sheesh. :huh:
Registry updated, if Honda made a full synthetic I'm sure they would have that in the owners manual. The service manual says Honda GN4 or HP4 10w30 or 10w40. They are recommending the best they have, that's all.
That's it for me, I've been in 100's of oil threads. Changing it is more importent then which brand, stick with what you like.
So-long on this one.
 
Is GN4 really the best they have? My Honda Scooter called for Honda's semi-synthetic. I forgot what it is called. The dealer called it "racing oil". It was about $9 a quart.
 
We did not see 10/40 listed in my CB1100 manual...what section/page are you seeing it?
I was also going to go with Honda full synthetic ...10/30 of course :-)

Oh, I re-read, you say service manual, not owners manual.
 
Yeah, I read the 10X30 in the Owners manual. In the service manual it shows the temp chart and says 10X40 is good if Average Temp. is X. I can't remember what X is. Maybe 80 degrees, can't remember exactly and don't have the manual handy at the moment.
 
Ok 3 more things,
HP4, a blend, was their best untill the HP4s 10w30 full syn came out.
I also read that untill that came out they recommended 10w40 in everything?
I myself like the little extra weight of 10w40 for an oil cooled motor, my BMW ran 20w50.
OK, now that's it.
 
JASO MA is the critical one. GN4 is good oil and it definitely meets the requirements. Like dial-up is all that's required to get on-line but.........:):D:):D
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
JASO MA is the critical one. GN4 is good oil and it definitely meets the requirements. Like dial-up is all that's required to get on-line but.........:):D:):D
Like the moth to the proverbial candle flame, you just can't stay away can you? :D
 
Back
Top