Honda Neowing

Someone's already doing it, for Harleys and Gold Wings.

https://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/

I guess someone at Honda is recognizing what the aftermarket already knows - motorcycle riders are getting old; and young people are more interested in their smartphones than in doing something that is actually, kinda-like, you know, DANGEROUS.

So we're getting catered to. In some ways, I like it. In other ways, it's kinda sad.

FWIW, I'm not going to get one. I have a TW for the coming day when I'm too weak to push this around. When the TW is too much, I'll get a little scooter. Or just quit.
 
The Neowing concept is cool and I can imagine that it's going to be a lot of fun to pilot; I can also imagine several people at Can-Am seeing it and thinking "Holy crap! Honda is building a Spyder!? Somebody, call marketing quick!" However, IMHO the concept version is pretty ugly too! To me it looks like a weird cross between a Transformer, a giant skull, an anime cartoon and a giant spider with a 1200 Gold Wing motor stuffed underneath it! :rofl:
 
Thread starter
EGAlvarez_imp said:
The Neowing concept is cool and I can imagine that it's going to be a lot of fun to pilot; I can also imagine several people at Can-Am seeing it and thinking "Holy crap! Honda is building a Spyder!? Somebody, call marketing quick!" However, IMHO the concept version is pretty ugly too! To me it looks like a weird cross between a Transformer, a giant skull, an anime cartoon and a giant spider with a 1200 Gold Wing motor stuffed underneath it! :rofl:
Agreed, if it goes into production I hope Honda changes the look.
 
Jeez Louise! At a certain point, wouldn't a guy be better off just buying a convertible and at least make an effort to maintain what little dignity and self-respect he may have left? Just because we may wind up in diapers again later in life doesn't mean we have to reduced to riding tricycles again too :)
 
JustPassinThru_imp said:
Someone's already doing it, for Harleys and Gold Wings.

https://www.tiltingmotorworks.com/

I guess someone at Honda is recognizing what the aftermarket already knows - motorcycle riders are getting old; and young people are more interested in their smartphones than in doing something that is actually, kinda-like, you know, DANGEROUS.

So we're getting catered to. In some ways, I like it. In other ways, it's kinda sad.

FWIW, I'm not going to get one. I have a TW for the coming day when I'm too weak to push this around. When the TW is too much, I'll get a little scooter. Or just quit.
10 Grand to put training wheels on your Harley. If/when it gets to that point, sell the Harley and buy a nice trike. One can only hope that we will hear a loud popping sound from the younger generation. Their head coming out of their behind.
 
kvdv_imp said:
Jeez Louise! At a certain point, wouldn't a guy be better off just buying a convertible and at least make an effort to maintain what little dignity and self-respect he may have left? Just because we may wind up in diapers again later in life doesn't mean we have to reduced to riding tricycles again too :)
Why not? I've owned plenty of dirt bikes, had Honda 3 wheelers and loved them, later got into quads. I see nothing wrong or childish about trikes and Can Am's. No matter what some "purists" may think, riding is riding. If these types of rides allow others to enjoy what I enjoy, if they extend saddle time to those who otherwise would not ride, what gives people the idea that these have no place? It's like some d-bag 1 percenter thinking they have a right to tell others what they can or cannot do. If I could, I'd buy a Spyder today.
 
The ability to have a trike turn like a bike is the difference-maker here to me. Up until now, I've been in Camp kvdv and would just get a sports car when I'm too old to ride, but if I could have a trike that corners more like a bike, then I'd have to consider it...ask me again in ten or fifteen years.
 
gossman_imp said:
kvdv_imp said:
Jeez Louise! At a certain point, wouldn't a guy be better off just buying a convertible and at least make an effort to maintain what little dignity and self-respect he may have left? Just because we may wind up in diapers again later in life doesn't mean we have to reduced to riding tricycles again too :)
Why not? I've owned plenty of dirt bikes, had Honda 3 wheelers and loved them, later got into quads. I see nothing wrong or childish about trikes and Can Am's. No matter what some "purists" may think, riding is riding. If these types of rides allow others to enjoy what I enjoy, if they extend saddle time to those who otherwise would not ride, what gives people the idea that these have no place? It's like some d-bag 1 percenter thinking they have a right to tell others what they can or cannot do. If I could, I'd buy a Spyder today.
Why not? I've owned plenty of dirt bikes, had Honda 3 wheelers and loved them, later got into quads. I see nothing wrong or childish about trikes and Can Am's. No matter what some "purists" may think, riding is riding. If these types of rides allow others to enjoy what I enjoy, if they extend saddle time to those who otherwise would not ride, what gives people the idea that these have no place? It's like some d-bag 1 percenter thinking they have a right to tell others what they can or cannot do. If I could, I'd buy a Spyder today.
That was simply my attempt at a little light-hearted ribbing, having a little fun with the subject... I guess it backfired even though I added the emoticon. I stand corrected and will be more careful in the future. I apologize if I offended anyone. I can assure you that I'm as far from a "d-bag 1 percenter" as you're ever likely to meet.
 
kvdv_imp said:
gossman_imp said:
kvdv_imp said:
Jeez Louise! At a certain point, wouldn't a guy be better off just buying a convertible and at least make an effort to maintain what little dignity and self-respect he may have left? Just because we may wind up in diapers again later in life doesn't mean we have to reduced to riding tricycles again too :)
Why not? I've owned plenty of dirt bikes, had Honda 3 wheelers and loved them, later got into quads. I see nothing wrong or childish about trikes and Can Am's. No matter what some "purists" may think, riding is riding. If these types of rides allow others to enjoy what I enjoy, if they extend saddle time to those who otherwise would not ride, what gives people the idea that these have no place? It's like some d-bag 1 percenter thinking they have a right to tell others what they can or cannot do. If I could, I'd buy a Spyder today.
Why not? I've owned plenty of dirt bikes, had Honda 3 wheelers and loved them, later got into quads. I see nothing wrong or childish about trikes and Can Am's. No matter what some "purists" may think, riding is riding. If these types of rides allow others to enjoy what I enjoy, if they extend saddle time to those who otherwise would not ride, what gives people the idea that these have no place? It's like some d-bag 1 percenter thinking they have a right to tell others what they can or cannot do. If I could, I'd buy a Spyder today.
That was simply my attempt at a little light-hearted ribbing, having a little fun with the subject... I guess it backfired even though I added the emoticon. I stand corrected and will be more careful in the future. I apologize if I offended anyone. I can assure you that I'm as far from a "d-bag 1 percenter" as you're ever likely to meet.
Why not? I've owned plenty of dirt bikes, had Honda 3 wheelers and loved them, later got into quads. I see nothing wrong or childish about trikes and Can Am's. No matter what some "purists" may think, riding is riding. If these types of rides allow others to enjoy what I enjoy, if they extend saddle time to those who otherwise would not ride, what gives people the idea that these have no place? It's like some d-bag 1 percenter thinking they have a right to tell others what they can or cannot do. If I could, I'd buy a Spyder today.
That was simply my attempt at a little light-hearted ribbing, having a little fun with the subject... I guess it backfired even though I added the emoticon. I stand corrected and will be more careful in the future. I apologize if I offended anyone. I can assure you that I'm as far from a "d-bag 1 percenter" as you're ever likely to meet.

Nicely said, kvdv. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top