redbirds_imp
Road warrior
My late father was in the Pacific in WWII as well as the Atlantic as radio operator on a Liberty ship. He would never buy anything made in Germany or Japan. He never quite got over my love for products from both countries.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yeah, understood. So many buddies and comrades lost.redbirds_imp said:My late father was in the Pacific in WWII as well as the Atlantic as radio operator on a Liberty ship. He would never buy anything made in Germany or Japan. He never quite got over my love for products from both countries.
I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery. wish i could find it but the article i read said all honda will be battery bikes cars etc but i dont remember what they said about generators lol , but lawn equip etcCormanus_imp said:I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.GoldOxide_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.pekingduck_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
Yeah, for quite some time now Honda has been accused of lacking innovation and only making incremental improvements to help sustain product margin. In the meantime the competition has moved on. For decades Honda has been investing in their "robot tech". Maybe suddenly one day every household will have a Honda robot doing the chores - just don't make them human-looking and dressing 'em up (or down).
The CB1100 is a modern reminder of Honda past.

I hope it's right. We're all going to have to get used to electric bikes and it would be good to have Honda in the pack.cj599_imp said:I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery. wish i could find it but the article i read said all honda will be battery bikes cars etc but i dont remember what they said about generators lol , but lawn equip etcCormanus_imp said:I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.GoldOxide_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.pekingduck_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
Yeah, for quite some time now Honda has been accused of lacking innovation and only making incremental improvements to help sustain product margin. In the meantime the competition has moved on. For decades Honda has been investing in their "robot tech". Maybe suddenly one day every household will have a Honda robot doing the chores - just don't make them human-looking and dressing 'em up (or down).
The CB1100 is a modern reminder of Honda past.
Yeah, for quite some time now Honda has been accused of lacking innovation and only making incremental improvements to help sustain product margin. In the meantime the competition has moved on. For decades Honda has been investing in their "robot tech". Maybe suddenly one day every household will have a Honda robot doing the chores - just don't make them human-looking and dressing 'em up (or down).
The CB1100 is a modern reminder of Honda past.
i agree maybe one of the last great air cooled bikes they will make idk id love an electric dirtbike though hopefully they will get it together and lead the pack like they once did
I hope it's right. We're all going to have to get used to electric bikes and it would be good to have Honda in the pack.Cormanus_imp said:I hope it's right. We're all going to have to get used to electric bikes and it would be good to have Honda in the pack.cj599_imp said:I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery. wish i could find it but the article i read said all honda will be battery bikes cars etc but i dont remember what they said about generators lol , but lawn equip etcCormanus_imp said:I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.GoldOxide_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.pekingduck_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
Yeah, for quite some time now Honda has been accused of lacking innovation and only making incremental improvements to help sustain product margin. In the meantime the competition has moved on. For decades Honda has been investing in their "robot tech". Maybe suddenly one day every household will have a Honda robot doing the chores - just don't make them human-looking and dressing 'em up (or down).
The CB1100 is a modern reminder of Honda past.
Yeah, for quite some time now Honda has been accused of lacking innovation and only making incremental improvements to help sustain product margin. In the meantime the competition has moved on. For decades Honda has been investing in their "robot tech". Maybe suddenly one day every household will have a Honda robot doing the chores - just don't make them human-looking and dressing 'em up (or down).
The CB1100 is a modern reminder of Honda past.
i agree maybe one of the last great air cooled bikes they will make idk id love an electric dirtbike though hopefully they will get it together and lead the pack like they once did
Yes, we will need some non-insectoid electric motorcycles. I wonder if Triumph will make a Bonneville with the battery pack disguised as a parallel twin?Cormanus_imp said:I hope it's right. We're all going to have to get used to electric bikes and it would be good to have Honda in the pack.cj599_imp said:I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery. wish i could find it but the article i read said all honda will be battery bikes cars etc but i dont remember what they said about generators lol , but lawn equip etcCormanus_imp said:I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.GoldOxide_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.pekingduck_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
Yeah, for quite some time now Honda has been accused of lacking innovation and only making incremental improvements to help sustain product margin. In the meantime the competition has moved on. For decades Honda has been investing in their "robot tech". Maybe suddenly one day every household will have a Honda robot doing the chores - just don't make them human-looking and dressing 'em up (or down).
The CB1100 is a modern reminder of Honda past.
Yeah, for quite some time now Honda has been accused of lacking innovation and only making incremental improvements to help sustain product margin. In the meantime the competition has moved on. For decades Honda has been investing in their "robot tech". Maybe suddenly one day every household will have a Honda robot doing the chores - just don't make them human-looking and dressing 'em up (or down).
The CB1100 is a modern reminder of Honda past.
i agree maybe one of the last great air cooled bikes they will make idk id love an electric dirtbike though hopefully they will get it together and lead the pack like they once did

I've though this for a while, although if all manufacturers used a standard battery and designed them to be swapped out quickly, I suspect the recharging problem is irrelevant. Gas stations would become battery stations.Stichill_imp said:Yes, we will need some non-insectoid electric motorcycles. I wonder if Triumph will make a Bonneville with the battery pack disguised as a parallel twin?Cormanus_imp said:I hope it's right. We're all going to have to get used to electric bikes and it would be good to have Honda in the pack.cj599_imp said:I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery. wish i could find it but the article i read said all honda will be battery bikes cars etc but i dont remember what they said about generators lol , but lawn equip etcCormanus_imp said:I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.GoldOxide_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.pekingduck_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
Yeah, for quite some time now Honda has been accused of lacking innovation and only making incremental improvements to help sustain product margin. In the meantime the competition has moved on. For decades Honda has been investing in their "robot tech". Maybe suddenly one day every household will have a Honda robot doing the chores - just don't make them human-looking and dressing 'em up (or down).
The CB1100 is a modern reminder of Honda past.
Yeah, for quite some time now Honda has been accused of lacking innovation and only making incremental improvements to help sustain product margin. In the meantime the competition has moved on. For decades Honda has been investing in their "robot tech". Maybe suddenly one day every household will have a Honda robot doing the chores - just don't make them human-looking and dressing 'em up (or down).
The CB1100 is a modern reminder of Honda past.
i agree maybe one of the last great air cooled bikes they will make idk id love an electric dirtbike though hopefully they will get it together and lead the pack like they once did
After watching Ewan and Charley struggle in Long Way Up, I decided that storage batteries are the wrong way to go for motorcycles, for three reasons: 1) the charging time is untenable 2) the current must be available in real time 3) the current must be sufficient.
I think fuel cell technology would be more analogous to the combustion engine motorcycle. Running low on fuel? Fill up from a bowser and keep riding.
Cormanus_imp said:I've though this for a while, although if all manufacturers used a standard battery and designed them to be swapped out quickly, I suspect the recharging problem is irrelevant. Gas stations would become battery stations.Stichill_imp said:Yes, we will need some non-insectoid electric motorcycles. I wonder if Triumph will make a Bonneville with the battery pack disguised as a parallel twin?Cormanus_imp said:I hope it's right. We're all going to have to get used to electric bikes and it would be good to have Honda in the pack.cj599_imp said:I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery. wish i could find it but the article i read said all honda will be battery bikes cars etc but i dont remember what they said about generators lol , but lawn equip etcCormanus_imp said:I can’t remember where—maybe somewhere on this forum—but I read today that Honda’s electrification is only cars. Curious because I read somewhere else this week that Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki have agreed on the specs for a standard battery.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.GoldOxide_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.pekingduck_imp said:And yet, oddly, they don't have a single all-electric car in their lineup in the US. More broadly, at least in the US, they have quickly lost their market position to Hyundai and Kia, and of course Toyota. They are almost in the position the British car and bike makers were in the '60s, staying the course while others zoom past.cj599_imp said:Did you see that honda says they are gona be all electric by 2040 :'c
Yeah, for quite some time now Honda has been accused of lacking innovation and only making incremental improvements to help sustain product margin. In the meantime the competition has moved on. For decades Honda has been investing in their "robot tech". Maybe suddenly one day every household will have a Honda robot doing the chores - just don't make them human-looking and dressing 'em up (or down).
The CB1100 is a modern reminder of Honda past.
Yeah, for quite some time now Honda has been accused of lacking innovation and only making incremental improvements to help sustain product margin. In the meantime the competition has moved on. For decades Honda has been investing in their "robot tech". Maybe suddenly one day every household will have a Honda robot doing the chores - just don't make them human-looking and dressing 'em up (or down).
The CB1100 is a modern reminder of Honda past.
i agree maybe one of the last great air cooled bikes they will make idk id love an electric dirtbike though hopefully they will get it together and lead the pack like they once did
After watching Ewan and Charley struggle in Long Way Up, I decided that storage batteries are the wrong way to go for motorcycles, for three reasons: 1) the charging time is untenable 2) the current must be available in real time 3) the current must be sufficient.
I think fuel cell technology would be more analogous to the combustion engine motorcycle. Running low on fuel? Fill up from a bowser and keep riding.
The big 4 in Japan are on to this. See here.
Cormanus_imp said:I knew I'd seen it somewhere else! Thanks Au₂O₃.

For a variety of reasons, I suspect they all will for a long while.Rox_imp said:Honda still has a presence in Cali. So does Toyota. So does Hyundai and Kia.
So does Yamaha and Kawasaki. All within 30 miles of Long Beach.