Honda luggage rack installed

Rocky_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
A few days ago JRNS here on the forum put up a Honda CB1100 OEM rear luggage rack for sale.
I was on the fence about getting one, but leaning strongly that way so leaped at the chance to get one from a forum member and one so close to home.
I installed it today and it looks great!!!
I printed the tutorial by Pterodactyl and followed it to the letter since no instructions were included.
I want to publicly and personally thank Pterodactyl for posting the tutorial. Without it I'm sure I would have been lost :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://s392.photobucket.com/user/Rock500_2008/media/Motorcycles/IMG_0555.jpg.html
 
Rocky_imp said:
A few days ago JRNS here on the forum put up a Honda CB1100 OEM rear luggage rack for sale.
I was on the fence about getting one, but leaning strongly that way so leaped at the chance to get one from a forum member and one so close to home.
I installed it today and it looks great!!!
I printed the tutorial by Pterodactyl and followed it to the letter since no instructions were included.
I want to publicly and personally thank Pterodactyl for posting the tutorial. Without it I'm sure I would have been lost :thumbsup: :thumbsup:



Looks amazing Rocky!!
 
Thread starter
Yes it does and I couldn't be happier!
I covered all the shiny and tender bits with socks and towels like Pterodactyl said, and not a nick or scratch happened anywhere :celebrate:
 
Looks good, Rocky. Good you can still learn something from a young bloke like Pterodactyl! :banana:
 
I was on the fence for the longest time too. Glad I did, now I have a spot to put a top case...... :D

And it's a great place to bungie things you buy.
 
Snarky comment to follow: Do you see one?

Actually you could hold on the the side rails as the rack bolts to the bikes grab rail mount points. Check the pic above and you will see what I'm talking about.
 
Arva,

And the racks are REALLY secure and would be great for the passenger to hold on to.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Arva,

And the racks are REALLY secure and would be great for the passenger to hold on to.
And there is no way the bones of your bum are going to let you slide off the back of that rack.

Cheers
 
Back
Top