Honda engine guard with a Harley foot rest?

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Ok, don't beat me up for this... I want to attach foot pegs to my Honda engine guard and am thinking of these Harley items; the mounting bracket and the peg. I'm not near the bike right now so can't measure the guard. Does anyone know the diameter of Honda's engine guard and whether you think these would fit?

Here's the guard on the bike:



Here's the mounting bracket and the specs:



And here's the peg:



Harley makes a quality product and if these would fit, I think they'd make the bike much more comfortable on the highway for long distance travel.

Unless someone has other thoughts....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Sorry if this sounds picky........Did you have to copy his entire message with all the photos just to post a one line reply?

--------------------

Ride4now, my Kijima guards are 1" diameter. I'm not certain, but to my eye, the Honda guards appear to be the same.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
Sorry if this sounds picky........Did you have to copy his entire message with all the photos just to post a one line reply?

--------------------

Ride4now, my Kijima guards are 1" diameter. I'm not certain, but to my eye, the Honda guards appear to be the same.
It would appear that you and I are the same kind of picky. :thumbsup:
 
Easy guys he only has 6 posts. He will get it. Hang in there Bruceb.
 
$200 for highway pegs is a rip off. Kuryakyn makes a few better priced but cb1100 seems like an odd bike to have this pegs on youll scrape em
 
Aren't pegs sold in pairs? Those HD pegs look pretty sweet to me. It doesn't appear you'd be scraping them in the curves but it's good advice to check.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
Sorry if this sounds picky........Did you have to copy his entire message with all the photos just to post a one line reply?

--------------------

Ride4now, my Kijima guards are 1" diameter. I'm not certain, but to my eye, the Honda guards appear to be the same.
This has been a pet peeve of mine for ages. Especially when there's pages of photos etc. Seems like the hosting software could recognize that and limit the amount of re-posted data.
 
No prob. it will happen as long as guys hit quoted reply instead of just new reply or use quick reply box. Just have to learn the nuances of the system. Takes awhile sometimes.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the comments...especially the one about ground clearance (I didn't think of that) as well as the one showing alternatives from Twisted Throttle. I've done business with TT for my KLR and I like their products. I'll check them out. Thanks!
 
ride4now_imp said:
Thanks for the comments...especially the one about ground clearance (I didn't think of that) as well as the one showing alternatives from Twisted Throttle. I've done business with TT for my KLR and I like their products. I'll check them out. Thanks!
Don't know if you have considered this, or not, but it is my MAIN consideration for highway pegs. In an emergency situation, where milliseconds of reaction time counts, do you want your feet out in front of you, and away from your rear brake & shifter?

Since most of us here are old farts with 40+ years of riding experience, I won't play that card. But, as a subset of that experience, talk to the guys that spent most of it off road, where fast direction changes and body position are a critical factor. Just from a matter of always being sure I am doing the most I can to insure safe riding and survival, I could never run down the road with my feet stuck out in front of me.
 
DGShannon_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Thanks for the comments...especially the one about ground clearance (I didn't think of that) as well as the one showing alternatives from Twisted Throttle. I've done business with TT for my KLR and I like their products. I'll check them out. Thanks!
Don't know if you have considered this, or not, but it is my MAIN consideration for highway pegs. In an emergency situation, where milliseconds of reaction time counts, do you want your feet out in front of you, and away from your rear brake & shifter?

Since most of us here are old farts with 40+ years of riding experience, I won't play that card. But, as a subset of that experience, talk to the guys that spent most of it off road, where fast direction changes and body position are a critical factor. Just from a matter of always being sure I am doing the most I can to insure safe riding and survival, I could never run down the road with my feet stuck out in front of me.
Don't know if you have considered this, or not, but it is my MAIN consideration for highway pegs. In an emergency situation, where milliseconds of reaction time counts, do you want your feet out in front of you, and away from your rear brake & shifter?

Since most of us here are old farts with 40+ years of riding experience, I won't play that card. But, as a subset of that experience, talk to the guys that spent most of it off road, where fast direction changes and body position are a critical factor. Just from a matter of always being sure I am doing the most I can to insure safe riding and survival, I could never run down the road with my feet stuck out in front of me.
On the other hand, there are long, flat straight stretches of interstate from which you can see the road for 20 miles ahead of you... These are also legitimate places to be on a motorcycle :-)
 
furious_blue_imp said:
DGShannon_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Thanks for the comments...especially the one about ground clearance (I didn't think of that) as well as the one showing alternatives from Twisted Throttle. I've done business with TT for my KLR and I like their products. I'll check them out. Thanks!
Don't know if you have considered this, or not, but it is my MAIN consideration for highway pegs. In an emergency situation, where milliseconds of reaction time counts, do you want your feet out in front of you, and away from your rear brake & shifter?

Since most of us here are old farts with 40+ years of riding experience, I won't play that card. But, as a subset of that experience, talk to the guys that spent most of it off road, where fast direction changes and body position are a critical factor. Just from a matter of always being sure I am doing the most I can to insure safe riding and survival, I could never run down the road with my feet stuck out in front of me.
Don't know if you have considered this, or not, but it is my MAIN consideration for highway pegs. In an emergency situation, where milliseconds of reaction time counts, do you want your feet out in front of you, and away from your rear brake & shifter?

Since most of us here are old farts with 40+ years of riding experience, I won't play that card. But, as a subset of that experience, talk to the guys that spent most of it off road, where fast direction changes and body position are a critical factor. Just from a matter of always being sure I am doing the most I can to insure safe riding and survival, I could never run down the road with my feet stuck out in front of me.
On the other hand, there are long, flat straight stretches of interstate from which you can see the road for 20 miles ahead of you... These are also legitimate places to be on a motorcycle :-)

For example lol

 
The ferret_imp said:
furious_blue_imp said:
DGShannon_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Thanks for the comments...especially the one about ground clearance (I didn't think of that) as well as the one showing alternatives from Twisted Throttle. I've done business with TT for my KLR and I like their products. I'll check them out. Thanks!
Don't know if you have considered this, or not, but it is my MAIN consideration for highway pegs. In an emergency situation, where milliseconds of reaction time counts, do you want your feet out in front of you, and away from your rear brake & shifter?

Since most of us here are old farts with 40+ years of riding experience, I won't play that card. But, as a subset of that experience, talk to the guys that spent most of it off road, where fast direction changes and body position are a critical factor. Just from a matter of always being sure I am doing the most I can to insure safe riding and survival, I could never run down the road with my feet stuck out in front of me.
Don't know if you have considered this, or not, but it is my MAIN consideration for highway pegs. In an emergency situation, where milliseconds of reaction time counts, do you want your feet out in front of you, and away from your rear brake & shifter?

Since most of us here are old farts with 40+ years of riding experience, I won't play that card. But, as a subset of that experience, talk to the guys that spent most of it off road, where fast direction changes and body position are a critical factor. Just from a matter of always being sure I am doing the most I can to insure safe riding and survival, I could never run down the road with my feet stuck out in front of me.
On the other hand, there are long, flat straight stretches of interstate from which you can see the road for 20 miles ahead of you... These are also legitimate places to be on a motorcycle :-)

For example lol


 
Back
Top