Honda Chrome Engine Guards now availabe in U.S.

I ordered the OEM engine guards and had them powder coated to match
the frame. Wanted them to blend into the frame.

[attachment=1650]
[attachment=1651]
[attachment=1649]
 
hb9400_imp said:
I ordered the OEM engine guards and had them powder coated to match
the frame. Wanted them to blend into the frame.

[attachment=1650]
[attachment=1651]
[attachment=1649]
Off topic, but I noticed you have your windshield mounted extremely high above the headlight. Was that intentional? Does the air getting under it prevent buffeting, or did you just mount it higher to get better protection?

I have yet to mount my Streetshield EX as I found that I actually like the naked bike look and driving experience so far.

Thanks in advance.
 
hb9400_imp said:
I ordered the OEM engine guards and had them powder coated to match
the frame. Wanted them to blend into the frame.

[attachment=1650]
[attachment=1651]
[attachment=1649]
What does powder coated mean, and who usually does something like that? I was going to get the OEM and paint black...if needed.
 
Courtesy of Wikipedia: Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The main difference between a conventional liquid paint and a powder coating is that the powder coating does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form. The coating is typically applied electrostatically and is then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a "skin". The powder may be a thermoplastic or a thermoset polymer. It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint. Powder coating is mainly used for coating of metals, such as household appliances, aluminium extrusions, drum hardware, and automobile and bicycle parts. Newer technologies allow other materials, such as MDF (medium-density fibreboard), to be powder coated using different methods.
 
hb9400_imp said:
I ordered the OEM engine guards and had them powder coated to match
the frame. Wanted them to blend into the frame.

[attachment=1650]
[attachment=1651]
[attachment=1649]
What engine guards? ;)

Seriously - those blend really well.
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
hb9400_imp said:
I ordered the OEM engine guards and had them powder coated to match
the frame. Wanted them to blend into the frame.

[attachment=1650]
[attachment=1651]
[attachment=1649]
Off topic, but I noticed you have your windshield mounted extremely high above the headlight. Was that intentional? Does the air getting under it prevent buffeting, or did you just mount it higher to get better protection?

I have yet to mount my Streetshield EX as I found that I actually like the naked bike look and driving experience so far.

Thanks in advance.
Off topic, but I noticed you have your windshield mounted extremely high above the headlight. Was that intentional? Does the air getting under it prevent buffeting, or did you just mount it higher to get better protection?

I have yet to mount my Streetshield EX as I found that I actually like the naked bike look and driving experience so far.

Thanks in advance.
Gumby,
I mounted the windscreen high because I wanted the wind reduced and to make sure it didn't rub against the instrument panel. Would rather have a cafe fairing for the look but function wins out. This is the prettiest bike of all the ones I've owned and don't want to alter that too much.
 
I see that you have a Givi top box and wondered if you used the Givi SR118 mounting hardware. Is your box a Monokey? Did you have to buy an additional mounting plate? I was wondering what the bike looks like with the box off. Would you mind posting a picture of it? By the way... I live close by in Acworth.
Thanks!
KV

hb9400_imp said:
I ordered the OEM engine guards and had them powder coated to match
the frame. Wanted them to blend into the frame.

[attachment=1650]
[attachment=1651]
[attachment=1649]
 
I also highly recommend these Honda engine guards. I purchased them from Samurider and received them within 4 days. Installation was easy and once installed, they are small enough to be not very noticeable. The chrome finish also seems to blend well with the silver finish of the engine of my 2014 CB1100 dlx.
 
kvdreamer_imp said:
I see that you have a Givi top box and wondered if you used the Givi SR118 mounting hardware. Is your box a Monokey? Did you have to buy an additional mounting plate? I was wondering what the bike looks like with the box off. Would you mind posting a picture of it? By the way... I live close by in Acworth.
Thanks!
KV

hb9400_imp said:
I ordered the OEM engine guards and had them powder coated to match
the frame. Wanted them to blend into the frame.

[attachment=1650]
[attachment=1651]
[attachment=1649]
kvdreamer,
I ordered the Givi E251 ADAPTER PLATE UNIVERSAL and installed my Givi V46 case. Take a look at the first 2 pics on this thread for the rack and plate. Very happy with the installation and look. Gives the wife her back rest and us some storage. Nice to know there's another CB1100 owner in the area.

GIVI Trekker 46L
 
Will the Honda engine guards fit on my new 2013 CB1100 (standard version with 4 into 1 exhaust)? Just picked it up last week.

EDIT: Never mind. once I registered for the forum, I could enlarge the pics that hb9400 posted. The OEM guards will fit my bike.
 
Can someone verify this part #08P70-MGC-N20 also works on the 2013? or does 2013 have separate part # for smaller size.

It's sounding like it does, but I heard the 2014 has a wider left engine side because of the 6th gear....
 
I just bought mine from Takashi as he has them for $50 less than asking price here in the states and it still comes out cheaper even with shipping from Japan.
 
Randy B_imp said:
I just bought mine from Takashi as he has them for $50 less than asking price here in the states and it still comes out cheaper even with shipping from Japan.
whats listed price? i found em for 167.40 shipped i just dont know if they fit my 13...
 
808_rider_imp said:
I also highly recommend these Honda engine guards. I purchased them from Samurider and received them within 4 days. Installation was easy and once installed, they are small enough to be not very noticeable. The chrome finish also seems to blend well with the silver finish of the engine of my 2014 CB1100 dlx.
I just ordered a set of these chrome Honda OEM engine guards for my DLX from Samurider, part no. 08P70-MGC-N20. Shipped price to Houston $161. Looking forward to getting them on my new bike.
 
Hello, anyone ordered and installed the factory 2014 and up engine guards on 2013 models ? Are they bolt on or are any mods necessary ?
 
Back
Top