quietguy_imp
Been there
My CTX700ND was a parallel twin as well... and quite smooth. Mine also had the DCT auto trans. Traded it for my CB1100/A.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Exactly my thoughts. I just don't get the whole idea of a huge, heavy, 1200cc ADV/off-road/etc. bike. I know lots of guys do it, but I don't think that I could handle a bike that big for what I want to do.the_undecider_imp said:The CB500X is one of several bikes I'd not be opposed to owning. If I were retired and had the money to have a shop full of toys, it would be my dirt road exploring, hill-country cruising bike. While my V-strom 650 does a fine enough job with those tasks, I would like something a bit smaller for the dirty stuff and just to have something a bit nimbler. I almost bought a 500X for those reasons, but I ultimately went with my V-strom as I had owned one before and knew it would have better wind protection and comfort for longer rides. Wealthy retired me would have a fancy sport touring bike for longer rides.
Here's what wealthy retired me would own from smallest to largest displacement:
Honda Grom
Yamaha WR250R dual sport
Honda CB500X with Rally Raid Stage 3 kit
Honda CB1100
Ducati Diavel
Yamaha FJR1300ES or Super Tenere ES, what the heck, both!
Triumph Rocket 3
Also vintage stuff, BMW, Indian, Harley, Bristish, Italian, Japanese, Miscellaneous makes. Might even go crazy and buy a Ural (even though it's not really vintage, owning one pretty much is).
Exactly my thoughts. I just don't get the whole idea of a huge, heavy, 1200cc ADV/off-road/etc. bike. I know lots of guys do it, but I don't think that I could handle a bike that big for what I want to do.Papa Weeley_imp said:Exactly my thoughts. I just don't get the whole idea of a huge, heavy, 1200cc ADV/off-road/etc. bike. I know lots of guys do it, but I don't think that I could handle a bike that big for what I want to do.the_undecider_imp said:The CB500X is one of several bikes I'd not be opposed to owning. If I were retired and had the money to have a shop full of toys, it would be my dirt road exploring, hill-country cruising bike. While my V-strom 650 does a fine enough job with those tasks, I would like something a bit smaller for the dirty stuff and just to have something a bit nimbler. I almost bought a 500X for those reasons, but I ultimately went with my V-strom as I had owned one before and knew it would have better wind protection and comfort for longer rides. Wealthy retired me would have a fancy sport touring bike for longer rides.
Here's what wealthy retired me would own from smallest to largest displacement:
Honda Grom
Yamaha WR250R dual sport
Honda CB500X with Rally Raid Stage 3 kit
Honda CB1100
Ducati Diavel
Yamaha FJR1300ES or Super Tenere ES, what the heck, both!
Triumph Rocket 3
Also vintage stuff, BMW, Indian, Harley, Bristish, Italian, Japanese, Miscellaneous makes. Might even go crazy and buy a Ural (even though it's not really vintage, owning one pretty much is).
With this bike, I have the added attraction of something light and nimble for canyon riding, too. Win-win.