CBill00_imp
First service completed
I'm thinking about canceling mine seeing as I'll be putting a moriwaki exhaust on and a power commander or ecu reflash... I seriously doubt if the warranty would cover anything after those mods?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Don't feel too bad. I fell for the same pitch at a much higher price. Two weeks before the standard warranty expired, I had my dealer cancel the one they sold and the refund was credited directly to my loan. I could have bought another, but decided against it. I'm kinda glad I did. Has anyone priced the trade-in value of a '13 CB1100??? My bike is worth HALF of what I paid for it. Oh well. Still love the bike and hope I don't ever need to trade it to get my next dream bike. That is currently a 2015 BMW R1200RT but that will probably change by the time I'm ready to get another.metallyguitarded_imp said:I am the happy and proud owner of a 2014 Honda CB1100. I bought it new from a local dealer at what I consider to be a good price - $10150 out the door with an already installed Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on. Once in to sign the paperwork, I was given the hard sell on buying an extended warranty. I had already given that some thought and decided I wasn't interested in it, being convinced that the new CB was very reliable and any problems I'd have would likely occur within the first year which is covered by the standard Honda warranty.
I fell for the sales pitch. It began with an explanation that the 48-month Honda Care plan normally sells for $1500 but that they had a coupon that could be applied, bringing it down to $999. When I balked at that and said I'm not looking to add $1000 to the good price I was able to negotiate for something I'll likely never need, I was given the, "You know what, you seem like such a good guy, let me do this ... what if I can get it to you at employee pricing, $680. That way you have the added protection in case anything goes wrong and it doesn't add much to your payments."
I bought it, it was added to my financing terms, and I had the bike delivered the next day. I came here and shared the great news and started a different thread stating, I hope I didn't just throw my money away on the extended warranty. There's a separate question of the wisdom of buying extended warranties and I know some of you say you've never bought one and have never needed one. I hope to at least be among those who have never needed one. But then banjobart wrote about blue ridge power sports and how if you go through them, you can get the policy for around $500. He's right. And boy does it (self-edit) me off. (I caught myself Ferret. Hope you're proud of me.)
So, for those of you who are on this forum, researching the CB1100 before having made a purchase or you've recently bought your CB and are now thinking of adding an extended warranty, learn from my experience and my mistake.
First, decide if you truly want an extended warranty. Honda offers a one year, parts and labor, manufacturer warranty. HondaCare is the official Honda extended warranty that is also, parts and labor, zero deductible, that starts after the first year and can be purchased for different lengths. The longest is 48 months, which I purchased and which means you are covered for a total of five years.
Next, be prepared for the hard sales pitch when you sit down to sign the paperwork. And be prepared to be lied to. Like I was. I got (and fell for) the whole "we're buddies" routine and although I declined the first price, I fell for the "employee pricing" line.
Know that there's no need to buy an extended warranty right there, right then. The only reason I can think of that you might want to get it through the dealer at the time of signing is if you've decided you want the warranty but don't want to add the extended warranty later by putting it on a credit card and would rather have it added into your financing terms. My understanding is that you have up to a year to add the extended warranty. You would just need to get it through an authorized Honda dealer who would report your mileage and condition of your motorcycle at the time of purchasing the warranty.
Go in knowing what the true price for the extended warranty is. I learned too late that retail price on the 48-month HondaCare extended warranty - the same exact warranty I purchased at the claimed "employee pricing" of $680 - is actually $660. But if you purchase it from John Evans at blueridgepowersports.com, he offers an online price of $479 (at least at the time of this writing). I filled out an online quote request, provided the year, make and model of my bike, and received an email the next days with my options and pricing.
I hope this thread saves at least one person some money. If it does, please come back and let me know. It will make me feel a lot better. And, trust me, I'm not obsessing over this. But I'm hoping to spread the word so others can benefit from my experience. I wish I would have read a post like this when on this forum doing my research.
All the best!
MG
I'm not directing this out at you, I just saw that you bought your bike "modified" off the showroom floor and figured I would shed some light from my experience, so please don't take this personally because it's not intended to be.Motogeezer1949_imp said:In Fl. you can cancel according to the law and the terms of the agreement you signed. 100% + sales tax refund. If you financed, the $ goes to whomever you borrowed from. If you paid cash, it goes to you.
I have a full Yosh on the CB and it doesn't affect the warranty. As a matter of fact, the service department loved the look and the sound.
It can be fun to get in the face of pushy closers - car salespeople are the best - when they're trying to upsell you. if you're lucky enough to have had sales training, or know someone who has, that you can take with you, you'd be surprised what you can do.
:huh: A little harsh, don't you think? We don't speak to our friends like that here....joega_imp said:Wow how about some cheese with all that wine , buyers remorse at it's best nobody put a gun to you to accept lick your wounds and move on it's over.

That is awesome to hear that they took care of those issues for you. I've heard so many cases similar to yours where people have 0 issues with warranty work on a modded vehicle.Motogeezer1949_imp said:Hi CBill00,
No the Yosh was installed in the time between the first and second service.
I had a fork seal and the front brake rotors replaced under warranty after that.
No issues with the dealer and the regional rep had to come by and approve the rotor replacement, evidently he had no issue with the pipe either.
Sorry to hear about your problems with your truck![]()
Don't feel too bad. I fell for the same pitch at a much higher price. Two weeks before the standard warranty expired, I had my dealer cancel the one they sold and the refund was credited directly to my loan. I could have bought another, but decided against it. I'm kinda glad I did. Has anyone priced the trade-in value of a '13 CB1100??? My bike is worth HALF of what I paid for it. Oh well. Still love the bike and hope I don't ever need to trade it to get my next dream bike. That is currently a 2015 BMW R1200RT but that will probably change by the time I'm ready to get another.jodyz_imp said:Don't feel too bad. I fell for the same pitch at a much higher price. Two weeks before the standard warranty expired, I had my dealer cancel the one they sold and the refund was credited directly to my loan. I could have bought another, but decided against it. I'm kinda glad I did. Has anyone priced the trade-in value of a '13 CB1100??? My bike is worth HALF of what I paid for it. Oh well. Still love the bike and hope I don't ever need to trade it to get my next dream bike. That is currently a 2015 BMW R1200RT but that will probably change by the time I'm ready to get another.metallyguitarded_imp said:I am the happy and proud owner of a 2014 Honda CB1100. I bought it new from a local dealer at what I consider to be a good price - $10150 out the door with an already installed Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on. Once in to sign the paperwork, I was given the hard sell on buying an extended warranty. I had already given that some thought and decided I wasn't interested in it, being convinced that the new CB was very reliable and any problems I'd have would likely occur within the first year which is covered by the standard Honda warranty.
I fell for the sales pitch. It began with an explanation that the 48-month Honda Care plan normally sells for $1500 but that they had a coupon that could be applied, bringing it down to $999. When I balked at that and said I'm not looking to add $1000 to the good price I was able to negotiate for something I'll likely never need, I was given the, "You know what, you seem like such a good guy, let me do this ... what if I can get it to you at employee pricing, $680. That way you have the added protection in case anything goes wrong and it doesn't add much to your payments."
I bought it, it was added to my financing terms, and I had the bike delivered the next day. I came here and shared the great news and started a different thread stating, I hope I didn't just throw my money away on the extended warranty. There's a separate question of the wisdom of buying extended warranties and I know some of you say you've never bought one and have never needed one. I hope to at least be among those who have never needed one. But then banjobart wrote about blue ridge power sports and how if you go through them, you can get the policy for around $500. He's right. And boy does it (self-edit) me off. (I caught myself Ferret. Hope you're proud of me.)
So, for those of you who are on this forum, researching the CB1100 before having made a purchase or you've recently bought your CB and are now thinking of adding an extended warranty, learn from my experience and my mistake.
First, decide if you truly want an extended warranty. Honda offers a one year, parts and labor, manufacturer warranty. HondaCare is the official Honda extended warranty that is also, parts and labor, zero deductible, that starts after the first year and can be purchased for different lengths. The longest is 48 months, which I purchased and which means you are covered for a total of five years.
Next, be prepared for the hard sales pitch when you sit down to sign the paperwork. And be prepared to be lied to. Like I was. I got (and fell for) the whole "we're buddies" routine and although I declined the first price, I fell for the "employee pricing" line.
Know that there's no need to buy an extended warranty right there, right then. The only reason I can think of that you might want to get it through the dealer at the time of signing is if you've decided you want the warranty but don't want to add the extended warranty later by putting it on a credit card and would rather have it added into your financing terms. My understanding is that you have up to a year to add the extended warranty. You would just need to get it through an authorized Honda dealer who would report your mileage and condition of your motorcycle at the time of purchasing the warranty.
Go in knowing what the true price for the extended warranty is. I learned too late that retail price on the 48-month HondaCare extended warranty - the same exact warranty I purchased at the claimed "employee pricing" of $680 - is actually $660. But if you purchase it from John Evans at blueridgepowersports.com, he offers an online price of $479 (at least at the time of this writing). I filled out an online quote request, provided the year, make and model of my bike, and received an email the next days with my options and pricing.
I hope this thread saves at least one person some money. If it does, please come back and let me know. It will make me feel a lot better. And, trust me, I'm not obsessing over this. But I'm hoping to spread the word so others can benefit from my experience. I wish I would have read a post like this when on this forum doing my research.
All the best!
MG
I just looked up suggested retail pricing at http://powersports.honda.com/protectionplan/motorcycle-threeyear.aspxOlyrider_imp said:Don't feel too bad. I fell for the same pitch at a much higher price. Two weeks before the standard warranty expired, I had my dealer cancel the one they sold and the refund was credited directly to my loan. I could have bought another, but decided against it. I'm kinda glad I did. Has anyone priced the trade-in value of a '13 CB1100??? My bike is worth HALF of what I paid for it. Oh well. Still love the bike and hope I don't ever need to trade it to get my next dream bike. That is currently a 2015 BMW R1200RT but that will probably change by the time I'm ready to get another.jodyz_imp said:Don't feel too bad. I fell for the same pitch at a much higher price. Two weeks before the standard warranty expired, I had my dealer cancel the one they sold and the refund was credited directly to my loan. I could have bought another, but decided against it. I'm kinda glad I did. Has anyone priced the trade-in value of a '13 CB1100??? My bike is worth HALF of what I paid for it. Oh well. Still love the bike and hope I don't ever need to trade it to get my next dream bike. That is currently a 2015 BMW R1200RT but that will probably change by the time I'm ready to get another.metallyguitarded_imp said:I am the happy and proud owner of a 2014 Honda CB1100. I bought it new from a local dealer at what I consider to be a good price - $10150 out the door with an already installed Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on. Once in to sign the paperwork, I was given the hard sell on buying an extended warranty. I had already given that some thought and decided I wasn't interested in it, being convinced that the new CB was very reliable and any problems I'd have would likely occur within the first year which is covered by the standard Honda warranty.
I fell for the sales pitch. It began with an explanation that the 48-month Honda Care plan normally sells for $1500 but that they had a coupon that could be applied, bringing it down to $999. When I balked at that and said I'm not looking to add $1000 to the good price I was able to negotiate for something I'll likely never need, I was given the, "You know what, you seem like such a good guy, let me do this ... what if I can get it to you at employee pricing, $680. That way you have the added protection in case anything goes wrong and it doesn't add much to your payments."
I bought it, it was added to my financing terms, and I had the bike delivered the next day. I came here and shared the great news and started a different thread stating, I hope I didn't just throw my money away on the extended warranty. There's a separate question of the wisdom of buying extended warranties and I know some of you say you've never bought one and have never needed one. I hope to at least be among those who have never needed one. But then banjobart wrote about blue ridge power sports and how if you go through them, you can get the policy for around $500. He's right. And boy does it (self-edit) me off. (I caught myself Ferret. Hope you're proud of me.)
So, for those of you who are on this forum, researching the CB1100 before having made a purchase or you've recently bought your CB and are now thinking of adding an extended warranty, learn from my experience and my mistake.
First, decide if you truly want an extended warranty. Honda offers a one year, parts and labor, manufacturer warranty. HondaCare is the official Honda extended warranty that is also, parts and labor, zero deductible, that starts after the first year and can be purchased for different lengths. The longest is 48 months, which I purchased and which means you are covered for a total of five years.
Next, be prepared for the hard sales pitch when you sit down to sign the paperwork. And be prepared to be lied to. Like I was. I got (and fell for) the whole "we're buddies" routine and although I declined the first price, I fell for the "employee pricing" line.
Know that there's no need to buy an extended warranty right there, right then. The only reason I can think of that you might want to get it through the dealer at the time of signing is if you've decided you want the warranty but don't want to add the extended warranty later by putting it on a credit card and would rather have it added into your financing terms. My understanding is that you have up to a year to add the extended warranty. You would just need to get it through an authorized Honda dealer who would report your mileage and condition of your motorcycle at the time of purchasing the warranty.
Go in knowing what the true price for the extended warranty is. I learned too late that retail price on the 48-month HondaCare extended warranty - the same exact warranty I purchased at the claimed "employee pricing" of $680 - is actually $660. But if you purchase it from John Evans at blueridgepowersports.com, he offers an online price of $479 (at least at the time of this writing). I filled out an online quote request, provided the year, make and model of my bike, and received an email the next days with my options and pricing.
I hope this thread saves at least one person some money. If it does, please come back and let me know. It will make me feel a lot better. And, trust me, I'm not obsessing over this. But I'm hoping to spread the word so others can benefit from my experience. I wish I would have read a post like this when on this forum doing my research.
All the best!
MG
I really HATE the BS that sales guys and finance guys tell customers just to sell stuff!! I have the Honda book right in front of me in my office. Honda says "full price" for a four year Honda Protection Plan (HPP) for a CB1100 is suggested $660. Without "roadside assistance" but AAA is a better RA plan. If you haven't passed your one-year factory warranty (so the HPP hasn't begun) go back to the dealer and demand a refund ("cancel" the policy)! Seriously! They "have" to refund your money.
PM me if you have a problem.
I just looked up suggested retail pricing at http://powersports.honda.com/protectionplan/motorcycle-threeyear.aspxc-breezy_imp said:I just looked up suggested retail pricing at http://powersports.honda.com/protectionplan/motorcycle-threeyear.aspxOlyrider_imp said:Don't feel too bad. I fell for the same pitch at a much higher price. Two weeks before the standard warranty expired, I had my dealer cancel the one they sold and the refund was credited directly to my loan. I could have bought another, but decided against it. I'm kinda glad I did. Has anyone priced the trade-in value of a '13 CB1100??? My bike is worth HALF of what I paid for it. Oh well. Still love the bike and hope I don't ever need to trade it to get my next dream bike. That is currently a 2015 BMW R1200RT but that will probably change by the time I'm ready to get another.jodyz_imp said:Don't feel too bad. I fell for the same pitch at a much higher price. Two weeks before the standard warranty expired, I had my dealer cancel the one they sold and the refund was credited directly to my loan. I could have bought another, but decided against it. I'm kinda glad I did. Has anyone priced the trade-in value of a '13 CB1100??? My bike is worth HALF of what I paid for it. Oh well. Still love the bike and hope I don't ever need to trade it to get my next dream bike. That is currently a 2015 BMW R1200RT but that will probably change by the time I'm ready to get another.metallyguitarded_imp said:I am the happy and proud owner of a 2014 Honda CB1100. I bought it new from a local dealer at what I consider to be a good price - $10150 out the door with an already installed Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on. Once in to sign the paperwork, I was given the hard sell on buying an extended warranty. I had already given that some thought and decided I wasn't interested in it, being convinced that the new CB was very reliable and any problems I'd have would likely occur within the first year which is covered by the standard Honda warranty.
I fell for the sales pitch. It began with an explanation that the 48-month Honda Care plan normally sells for $1500 but that they had a coupon that could be applied, bringing it down to $999. When I balked at that and said I'm not looking to add $1000 to the good price I was able to negotiate for something I'll likely never need, I was given the, "You know what, you seem like such a good guy, let me do this ... what if I can get it to you at employee pricing, $680. That way you have the added protection in case anything goes wrong and it doesn't add much to your payments."
I bought it, it was added to my financing terms, and I had the bike delivered the next day. I came here and shared the great news and started a different thread stating, I hope I didn't just throw my money away on the extended warranty. There's a separate question of the wisdom of buying extended warranties and I know some of you say you've never bought one and have never needed one. I hope to at least be among those who have never needed one. But then banjobart wrote about blue ridge power sports and how if you go through them, you can get the policy for around $500. He's right. And boy does it (self-edit) me off. (I caught myself Ferret. Hope you're proud of me.)
So, for those of you who are on this forum, researching the CB1100 before having made a purchase or you've recently bought your CB and are now thinking of adding an extended warranty, learn from my experience and my mistake.
First, decide if you truly want an extended warranty. Honda offers a one year, parts and labor, manufacturer warranty. HondaCare is the official Honda extended warranty that is also, parts and labor, zero deductible, that starts after the first year and can be purchased for different lengths. The longest is 48 months, which I purchased and which means you are covered for a total of five years.
Next, be prepared for the hard sales pitch when you sit down to sign the paperwork. And be prepared to be lied to. Like I was. I got (and fell for) the whole "we're buddies" routine and although I declined the first price, I fell for the "employee pricing" line.
Know that there's no need to buy an extended warranty right there, right then. The only reason I can think of that you might want to get it through the dealer at the time of signing is if you've decided you want the warranty but don't want to add the extended warranty later by putting it on a credit card and would rather have it added into your financing terms. My understanding is that you have up to a year to add the extended warranty. You would just need to get it through an authorized Honda dealer who would report your mileage and condition of your motorcycle at the time of purchasing the warranty.
Go in knowing what the true price for the extended warranty is. I learned too late that retail price on the 48-month HondaCare extended warranty - the same exact warranty I purchased at the claimed "employee pricing" of $680 - is actually $660. But if you purchase it from John Evans at blueridgepowersports.com, he offers an online price of $479 (at least at the time of this writing). I filled out an online quote request, provided the year, make and model of my bike, and received an email the next days with my options and pricing.
I hope this thread saves at least one person some money. If it does, please come back and let me know. It will make me feel a lot better. And, trust me, I'm not obsessing over this. But I'm hoping to spread the word so others can benefit from my experience. I wish I would have read a post like this when on this forum doing my research.
All the best!
MG
I really HATE the BS that sales guys and finance guys tell customers just to sell stuff!! I have the Honda book right in front of me in my office. Honda says "full price" for a four year Honda Protection Plan (HPP) for a CB1100 is suggested $660. Without "roadside assistance" but AAA is a better RA plan. If you haven't passed your one-year factory warranty (so the HPP hasn't begun) go back to the dealer and demand a refund ("cancel" the policy)! Seriously! They "have" to refund your money.
PM me if you have a problem.
and it shows the 48-month HPP at $800. I guess prices went up? Or am I reading this wrong/looking in the wrong place?
I just looked up suggested retail pricing at http://powersports.honda.com/protectionplan/motorcycle-threeyear.aspxClassicVW_imp said:I just looked up suggested retail pricing at http://powersports.honda.com/protectionplan/motorcycle-threeyear.aspxc-breezy_imp said:I just looked up suggested retail pricing at http://powersports.honda.com/protectionplan/motorcycle-threeyear.aspxOlyrider_imp said:Don't feel too bad. I fell for the same pitch at a much higher price. Two weeks before the standard warranty expired, I had my dealer cancel the one they sold and the refund was credited directly to my loan. I could have bought another, but decided against it. I'm kinda glad I did. Has anyone priced the trade-in value of a '13 CB1100??? My bike is worth HALF of what I paid for it. Oh well. Still love the bike and hope I don't ever need to trade it to get my next dream bike. That is currently a 2015 BMW R1200RT but that will probably change by the time I'm ready to get another.jodyz_imp said:Don't feel too bad. I fell for the same pitch at a much higher price. Two weeks before the standard warranty expired, I had my dealer cancel the one they sold and the refund was credited directly to my loan. I could have bought another, but decided against it. I'm kinda glad I did. Has anyone priced the trade-in value of a '13 CB1100??? My bike is worth HALF of what I paid for it. Oh well. Still love the bike and hope I don't ever need to trade it to get my next dream bike. That is currently a 2015 BMW R1200RT but that will probably change by the time I'm ready to get another.metallyguitarded_imp said:I am the happy and proud owner of a 2014 Honda CB1100. I bought it new from a local dealer at what I consider to be a good price - $10150 out the door with an already installed Yoshimura RS-3 slip-on. Once in to sign the paperwork, I was given the hard sell on buying an extended warranty. I had already given that some thought and decided I wasn't interested in it, being convinced that the new CB was very reliable and any problems I'd have would likely occur within the first year which is covered by the standard Honda warranty.
I fell for the sales pitch. It began with an explanation that the 48-month Honda Care plan normally sells for $1500 but that they had a coupon that could be applied, bringing it down to $999. When I balked at that and said I'm not looking to add $1000 to the good price I was able to negotiate for something I'll likely never need, I was given the, "You know what, you seem like such a good guy, let me do this ... what if I can get it to you at employee pricing, $680. That way you have the added protection in case anything goes wrong and it doesn't add much to your payments."
I bought it, it was added to my financing terms, and I had the bike delivered the next day. I came here and shared the great news and started a different thread stating, I hope I didn't just throw my money away on the extended warranty. There's a separate question of the wisdom of buying extended warranties and I know some of you say you've never bought one and have never needed one. I hope to at least be among those who have never needed one. But then banjobart wrote about blue ridge power sports and how if you go through them, you can get the policy for around $500. He's right. And boy does it (self-edit) me off. (I caught myself Ferret. Hope you're proud of me.)
So, for those of you who are on this forum, researching the CB1100 before having made a purchase or you've recently bought your CB and are now thinking of adding an extended warranty, learn from my experience and my mistake.
First, decide if you truly want an extended warranty. Honda offers a one year, parts and labor, manufacturer warranty. HondaCare is the official Honda extended warranty that is also, parts and labor, zero deductible, that starts after the first year and can be purchased for different lengths. The longest is 48 months, which I purchased and which means you are covered for a total of five years.
Next, be prepared for the hard sales pitch when you sit down to sign the paperwork. And be prepared to be lied to. Like I was. I got (and fell for) the whole "we're buddies" routine and although I declined the first price, I fell for the "employee pricing" line.
Know that there's no need to buy an extended warranty right there, right then. The only reason I can think of that you might want to get it through the dealer at the time of signing is if you've decided you want the warranty but don't want to add the extended warranty later by putting it on a credit card and would rather have it added into your financing terms. My understanding is that you have up to a year to add the extended warranty. You would just need to get it through an authorized Honda dealer who would report your mileage and condition of your motorcycle at the time of purchasing the warranty.
Go in knowing what the true price for the extended warranty is. I learned too late that retail price on the 48-month HondaCare extended warranty - the same exact warranty I purchased at the claimed "employee pricing" of $680 - is actually $660. But if you purchase it from John Evans at blueridgepowersports.com, he offers an online price of $479 (at least at the time of this writing). I filled out an online quote request, provided the year, make and model of my bike, and received an email the next days with my options and pricing.
I hope this thread saves at least one person some money. If it does, please come back and let me know. It will make me feel a lot better. And, trust me, I'm not obsessing over this. But I'm hoping to spread the word so others can benefit from my experience. I wish I would have read a post like this when on this forum doing my research.
All the best!
MG
I really HATE the BS that sales guys and finance guys tell customers just to sell stuff!! I have the Honda book right in front of me in my office. Honda says "full price" for a four year Honda Protection Plan (HPP) for a CB1100 is suggested $660. Without "roadside assistance" but AAA is a better RA plan. If you haven't passed your one-year factory warranty (so the HPP hasn't begun) go back to the dealer and demand a refund ("cancel" the policy)! Seriously! They "have" to refund your money.
PM me if you have a problem.
and it shows the 48-month HPP at $800. I guess prices went up? Or am I reading this wrong/looking in the wrong place?
and it shows the 48-month HPP at $800. I guess prices went up? Or am I reading this wrong/looking in the wrong place?
Could the Honda plans vary in price depending on what model bike you buy? I mean, does it make sense to charge $800 for a CB1100 plan and charge the same $800 to protect a Grom?