Holy smokes...crazy

The ferret_imp said:
As well as crazy, words like skilful, daring and courageous come to mind. Perhaps even inventive, 'cause "who'd a thought?". I love the younger generations attitude to extreme sports whatever it may be. Big wave surfing, canyoning, extreme skiing, BASE jumping or whatever. And, perhaps best of all, I can sit at home in couch potato mode and watch it in HD.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
 
PFFFFFFTTTTTTT.
He only dreams about riding like me!!!!!!!!!



Ooooops!
Got that backwards. :blush:

WOW! So young, so talented, so rich, so many girls at his beck and call.
Yea, he's only dreamin'.
:D :D
 
Thread starter
A few years ago, the Mrs and I were touring New England and we stopped at the Olympic grounds in New York. As we got within eyesight of the area these 2 projections jutted up into the sky, way above the trees. As we got close it was the 45 meter and 90 meter ski jumps. We rode up to them and were offered an elevator ride to the top of the 90 meter jump for $10 each which being afraid of heights, I declined (a decision I regretted while driving away). They were towering. I asked my wife if she could imagine being at the top of one of those with 2 slick boards strapped to your feet and pushing off? She couldn't. Me either. To drive down one on a motorcycle and jump off is just insane.
 
The ferret_imp said:
A few years ago, the Mrs and I were touring New England and we stopped at the Olympic grounds in New York. As we got within eyesight of the area these 2 projections jutted up into the sky, way above the trees. As we got close it was the 45 meter and 90 meter ski jumps. We rode up to them and were offered an elevator ride to the top of the 90 meter jump for $10 each which being afraid of heights, I declined (a decision I regretted while driving away). They were towering. I asked my wife if she could imagine being at the top of one of those with 2 slick boards strapped to your feet and pushing off? She couldn't. Me either. To drive down one on a motorcycle and jump off is just insane.
I've been to those ski jumps in Lake Placid too. Very impressive!!

I've kept these old bones in one piece for too long to risk them like the guy in the video.
He's a fantastic rider, but I too will enjoy his feats from the comforts of my living room :D
 
If someone were to point to an empty luge track and say, "I once saw a guy ride a motorcycle really fast on a track like that" my first reaction would be, "No way, impossible." That was great! The part where he makes the jump was shown in the movie, "On Any Sunday: The Next Chapter."
 
Rode motocross for several years and did some crazy stuff on the track. This however, is off the chain. I admire his skills and abilities on the bike. I'll just watch it from the seat of the old Lazy-Boy recliner!
 
Looks like the movie was released in Nov, but not anywhere around me.
Next best solution is blu-ray, but not until Feb
Anyone else have any other ways to watch it? Legally of course.

On Any Sunday: The Next Chapter [Blu-ray]
Robbie Maddison (Actor), Travis Pastrana (Actor), Dana Brown (Director) Rated: PG (Parental Guidance Suggested) Format: Blu-ray
List Price: $24.95
Price: $22.46 Free Prime shipping when in stock
You Save: $2.49 (10%)
Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
This title will be released on February 10, 2015.
Pre-order now.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Amazon Price New from Used from
Blu-ray
1-Disc Version
$22.46
Looks like he had a slick on for that drifting street shot then switched back to a knobby?

I wonder how he figured out have fast he could go down that ramp and not go past the bottom.

With an engine instead of just gravity like a skier, he could have gone too fast and hit the "flat" part at the bottom, I'm guessing it wouldn't have finished well at that point?
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
If someone were to point to an empty luge track and say, "I once saw a guy ride a motorcycle really fast on a track like that" my first reaction would be, "No way, impossible." That was great! The part where he makes the jump was shown in the movie, "On Any Sunday: The Next Chapter."
I read this at least 3 times, and my brain saw "empty luggage rack". Kept wondering what in the world you were talking about. Funny how our eyes fill in what they think they see.
 
Back
Top