Holy Cow, snow for Monday!

Rexburgtom_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
So, the CB is all serviced and ready to go. I have been out on a couple of day rides now. But the weather man has snow predicted for Monday, with an overnight low of 35-37 degrees. No seat time for this guy, the CB will stay in the stable for a while longer and I will be driving the "Beast" of a pick-up truck for a couple days.....
 
That's nuts. It was 90 here again today, 83 at 8 am.
 
Hey, it's the apocalypse. Snow one day, sun the next. I got caught in cold rain Saturday morning, today it's mid-90s and windy.

Just waiting for frogs to start falling at this point.
 
We’ve got snow in the forecast for tonight through tomorrow morning. It’s been too warm for it to stick, but come on. Thanks a lot, RB Tom!
 
Thread starter
Yup, it's obviously evidence of global warming! Seriously winter came on about a month earlier and has stayed about six weeks longer this year. Riding season is now only June, July and August and the bike is sheltered in the garage on a trickle charger the other NINE months of the year. I sure was spoiled living previous in So.Cal!
 
Exactly. I can count on about 16 good weekends - mid-May through mid-September — for my riding season. I moved here from San Diego and miss being able to ride 30,000 miles / year (but I’d never go back!)
 
Aww, c'mon, Long... we have to ride all year long here. No time to hunker down in the basement to fix anything!
 
Gone, the statistic I really like is: The population of San Diego County is larger than the entire state of Colorado. I don’t miss the congestion!
 
I didn't either for a while there... I felt like Omega Man when I was out riding during the pandemic. Things are getting back to trafficky normal, however.
 
Our season for most folks here in SW Ohio is April 1 to Oct 30. If you're willing to dress up a bit for cold weather it's fairly easy to get in 300 days of riding if you have a mind to. We had a mild winter so I only missed 4 days in January, none since, so this year I hope to get in 361. A little less if Mrs Ferret wants me to take her somewhere on vacation in the car.
 
Put some trainer wheels on the CB and tow it so you can in get a daily ride? :cool:
 
Thread starter
OK great, the weather has improved and I will ride to work in the morning. Prediction for 45 degrees at six o clock in the am and 77 degrees for the ride home. Looks like I will bundle up for the ride in and sweat on the ride home. That's what they say, if you don't like the weather in Idaho just wait a few minutes.....
 
Back
Top