Higher Corbin Seat

I've got a corbin on order but am considering asking them to do the higher one as I'm 6'2". Would you repost picture of the higher one? thanks.
 
AndyHe_imp said:
I've got a corbin on order but am considering asking them to do the higher one as I'm 6'2". Would you repost picture of the higher one? thanks.
I too would like to see the pic of the higher corbin. Also, could you also post a pic of the vario peg like you've set it up?

Thanks.
 
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
Anyone have photos of the taller seat?
There were photos posted of a 1" Taller Corbin, but I didn't like the look...kind of like an overstuffed sofa. It had lost the clearly defined step between the front and passenger sections.

If you can wait a week or so, my 1/2" (.5") Taller Corbin should have cleared customs by then. I requested that BOTH the front and passenger sections be 1/2" taller, so hopefully, I'll still get that nice step for lower back support.

I'll try to post some pix as soon as I have it mounted.
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
Anyone have photos of the taller seat?
There were photos posted of a 1" Taller Corbin, but I didn't like the look...kind of like an overstuffed sofa. It had lost the clearly defined step between the front and passenger sections.

If you can wait a week or so, my 1/2" (.5") Taller Corbin should have cleared customs by then. I requested that BOTH the front and passenger sections be 1/2" taller, so hopefully, I'll still get that nice step for lower back support.

I'll try to post some pix as soon as I have it mounted.
There were photos posted of a 1" Taller Corbin, but I didn't like the look...kind of like an overstuffed sofa. It had lost the clearly defined step between the rider and passenger sections.

If you can wait a week or so, my 1/2" (.5") Taller Corbin should have cleared customs by then. I'll try to post some pix as soon as I have it mounted.
I also saw those pictures of the 1 inch taller Corbin and agree it looked a little overstuffed.
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
Anyone have photos of the taller seat?
There were photos posted of a 1" Taller Corbin, but I didn't like the look...kind of like an overstuffed sofa. It had lost the clearly defined step between the front and passenger sections.

If you can wait a week or so, my 1/2" (.5") Taller Corbin should have cleared customs by then. I requested that BOTH the front and passenger sections be 1/2" taller, so hopefully, I'll still get that nice step for lower back support.

I'll try to post some pix as soon as I have it mounted.
There were photos posted of a 1" Taller Corbin, but I didn't like the look...kind of like an overstuffed sofa. It had lost the clearly defined step between the front and passenger sections.

If you can wait a week or so, my 1/2" (.5") Taller Corbin should have cleared customs by then. I requested that BOTH the front and passenger sections be 1/2" taller, so hopefully, I'll still get that nice step for lower back support.

I'll try to post some pix as soon as I have it mounted.
Gumby,

Do you have some photos of your 1/2 inch taller Corbin? I'm thinking of ordering one. Thanks.
 
the_undecider_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
Anyone have photos of the taller seat?
There were photos posted of a 1" Taller Corbin, but I didn't like the look...kind of like an overstuffed sofa. It had lost the clearly defined step between the front and passenger sections.

If you can wait a week or so, my 1/2" (.5") Taller Corbin should have cleared customs by then. I requested that BOTH the front and passenger sections be 1/2" taller, so hopefully, I'll still get that nice step for lower back support.

I'll try to post some pix as soon as I have it mounted.
There were photos posted of a 1" Taller Corbin, but I didn't like the look...kind of like an overstuffed sofa. It had lost the clearly defined step between the front and passenger sections.

If you can wait a week or so, my 1/2" (.5") Taller Corbin should have cleared customs by then. I requested that BOTH the front and passenger sections be 1/2" taller, so hopefully, I'll still get that nice step for lower back support.

I'll try to post some pix as soon as I have it mounted.
Gumby,

Do you have some photos of your 1/2 inch taller Corbin? I'm thinking of ordering one. Thanks.
Shipment to Canada has been delayed. I just checked with my distributor (Twisted Throttle Canada), and it is now scheduled to arrive Wednesday, Aug. 12 (1 day short of 3 months since ordering). If it does show up, I should have pictures posted by Friday!

Believe me, I am very anxious to get it after enduring the terrible stock seat for over a year! The stock seat may be fine for shorter, lighter riders, but at 6'-1" and 220+ lbs, it is torture after about 45 minutes.
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
the_undecider_imp said:
Gumby 1100_imp said:
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
Anyone have photos of the taller seat?
There were photos posted of a 1" Taller Corbin, but I didn't like the look...kind of like an overstuffed sofa. It had lost the clearly defined step between the front and passenger sections.

If you can wait a week or so, my 1/2" (.5") Taller Corbin should have cleared customs by then. I requested that BOTH the front and passenger sections be 1/2" taller, so hopefully, I'll still get that nice step for lower back support.

I'll try to post some pix as soon as I have it mounted.
There were photos posted of a 1" Taller Corbin, but I didn't like the look...kind of like an overstuffed sofa. It had lost the clearly defined step between the front and passenger sections.

If you can wait a week or so, my 1/2" (.5") Taller Corbin should have cleared customs by then. I requested that BOTH the front and passenger sections be 1/2" taller, so hopefully, I'll still get that nice step for lower back support.

I'll try to post some pix as soon as I have it mounted.
Gumby,

Do you have some photos of your 1/2 inch taller Corbin? I'm thinking of ordering one. Thanks.
Shipment to Canada has been delayed. I just checked with my distributor (Twisted Throttle Canada), and it is now scheduled to arrive Wednesday, Aug. 12 (1 day short of 3 months since ordering). If it does show up, I should have pictures posted by Friday!

Believe me, I am very anxious to get it after enduring the terrible stock seat for over a year! The stock seat may be fine for shorter, lighter riders, but at 6'-1" and 220+ lbs, it is torture after about 45 minutes.
Shipment to Canada has been delayed. I just checked with my distributor (Twisted Throttle Canada), and it is now scheduled to arrive Wednesday, Aug. 12 (1 day short of 3 months since ordering). If it does show up, I should have pictures posted by Friday!

Believe me, I am very anxious to get it after enduring the terrible stock seat for over a year! The stock seat may be fine for shorter, lighter riders, but at 6'-1" and 220+ lbs, it is torture after about 45 minutes.
Thanks Gumby! I look forward to seeing it and hearing your ride impressions. I'm just about your height and weight, so your experience will be good feedback. I almost pulled the trigger the other day, but then I started having reservations about my choice of colors. Then, I started wondering if I needed the extra height which led me back to this thread.
 
Lol you certainly deserve your nickname.
 
Here are some photos of my new Corbin +1/2"
Note: I requested an additional 1/2" in both the rider and passenger areas in order to maintain as much of the pocket shape and stepped profile as possible.

I haven't had time for a long ride yet, but the pocket nests me exactly where I want to be and supports me in all the right places...pretty good so far!

I'll post an update after a longer ride.

 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
Here are some photos of my new Corbin +1/2"
Note: I requested an additional 1/2" in both the rider and passenger areas in order to maintain as much of the pocket shape and stepped profile as possible.

I haven't had time for a long ride yet, but the pocket nests me exactly where I want to be and supports me in all the right places...pretty good so far!

I'll post an update after a longer ride.
Looks excellent! It still has a nice pocket like the standard Corbin. Looks like a winner. Now, I just need to figure out what combination of materials to get. Thanks for posting those up so quickly.
 
Gumby 1100' pid='102511' dateline='1439430485 said:
Here are some photos of my new Corbin +1/2"
Note: I requested an additional 1/2" in both the rider and passenger areas in order to maintain as much of the pocket shape and stepped profile as possible.

I haven't had time for a long ride yet, but the pocket nests me exactly where I want to be and supports me in all the right places...pretty good so far!

I'll post an update after a longer ride.

Hi Gumby- the seat looks great! (so does the bike ;) )
cheers,
 
Extended Ride Review of 1/2" Taller Corbin:

After a full day in the saddle and a few 3+hour rides, I have to say that the Corbin is a winner. No more "numb-butt" and I didn't need an excuse to get off the bike other than to re-hydrate.

In comparison, the stock seat flexed and distorted under my weight, resulting in an unsupportive seat that crowded me toward the tank. I could instantly tell that the Corbin supported me over the full width and didn't roll on the edges from my weight. The rigid base pan doesn't flex like the stock seat, so the ergonomics don't change with the rider's weight. The Corbin has a slight rearward angle that keeps me from sliding forward and it positions me a tad further back as well, which is good with my height. My knees are now very happy with the added height and slight rearward position.

I had recently installed 20mm bar riser blocks so the overall bike ergonomics are now great. And with the NC Street Shield EX / MRA X-creen Combo as seen in my full-bike shot, bugs on my helmet shield are pretty much a thing of the past.

I wish now that I had ordered the Corbin right after I got the bike!

Corbin Fitment Notes:

I could not initially get the Corbin to latch into the seat lock. I was warned by my dealer that they fit very tightly when new, but I at least thought that it would latch. I resolved the issue by shimming the rear latch loop with two thin washers and was able to get it to latch by thumping the seat with my fist. I've shimmed the latch loop on a few Mustang seats in the past, but I never had to do this on a previous Corbin. I expect it to start fitting with less trouble as I break it in and may need to eventually remove the shim washers.
 
Thank you for the ride report. This looks to be the setup for taller riders who still want a bucket feel. I like having that little bump to hold me in place. This is one reason I didn't get the K&H high model saddle. I have the K&H Solo seat and it also had issues with not latching. I had to do the same thing as you with a couple thin washers for shims. I bet it wears in and gets easier to latch.
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
Extended Ride Review of 1/2" Taller Corbin:

After a full day in the saddle and a few 3+hour rides, I have to say that the Corbin is a winner. No more "numb-butt" and I didn't need an excuse to get off the bike other than to re-hydrate.

In comparison, the stock seat flexed and distorted under my weight, resulting in an unsupportive seat that crowded me toward the tank. I could instantly tell that the Corbin supported me over the full width and didn't roll on the edges from my weight. The rigid base pan doesn't flex like the stock seat, so the ergonomics don't change with the rider's weight. The Corbin has a slight rearward angle that keeps me from sliding forward and it positions me a tad further back as well, which is good with my height. My knees are now very happy with the added height and slight rearward position.

I had recently installed 20mm bar riser blocks so the overall bike ergonomics are now great. And with the NC Street Shield EX / MRA X-creen Combo as seen in my full-bike shot, bugs on my helmet shield are pretty much a thing of the past.

I wish now that I had ordered the Corbin right after I got the bike!

Corbin Fitment Notes:

I could not initially get the Corbin to latch into the seat lock. I was warned by my dealer that they fit very tightly when new, but I at least thought that it would latch. I resolved the issue by shimming the rear latch loop with two thin washers and was able to get it to latch by thumping the seat with my fist. I've shimmed the latch loop on a few Mustang seats in the past, but I never had to do this on a previous Corbin. I expect it to start fitting with less trouble as I break it in and may need to eventually remove the shim washers.
great information-thanks for the report, and I'm glad the seat has worked out for you.
 
Back
Top