High Temp Clear Coat recommendation?

bflint

Been there
Thread starter
Want to redo my "engine side covers" which are polished and clear coated. The clear coat is starting to peal. Do you folks have High Temp Clear Coat recommendation? Looked around forums and internet, but no one had a specific brand they used (or spray can vs bulk for spray unit). :)
 
Thread starter
I contacted dealership Parts and he said that Honda uses clear powder coat (did not know that even existed). He said if pealing, probably best just to strip with remover and manually polish occasionally. Did more research and seems that the spray can clears that advertise as high temp (various claims from 300 degree to 500 degree to 2000 degree) have much user feedback is that they don't last because they are not two-part with a catalyst. Discovered a two-part called Eastwood Exo-Armour that you can apply with an hvlp sytem (which I have) ... not cheap put seems reliable. Seems like most popular finish is GLOSS, so I assume that would best match whats on our CB1100's. TTFM :)
 
I use Cerakote 156 on my head fins after polishing, been a couple of years and they still look good. Haven't used their aluminum coat yet.
b30fb20370e80518e6a4c70fcf64e863.jpg
38831f7bacb7bf92919629f0fce16f51.jpg


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Yep, sorry for the delayed response, Jet Hot it is.

Wierd though, that is not a photo of my 2014 standard! I have a Staintune can on mine and the reflectors were removed prior to the Jet Hot. My house was also white with similar siding. Felt like I walked into the twilight zone until I gave the photo a closer inspection!
9393149f25be288d1c8b310b29ae306a.jpg
 
Thread starter
Retsel_imp said:
I use Cerakote 156 on my head fins after polishing, been a couple of years and they still look good. Haven't used their aluminum coat yet.
b30fb20370e80518e6a4c70fcf64e863.jpg
38831f7bacb7bf92919629f0fce16f51.jpg


Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Thanks :)
 
Back
Top