Hidden display icons

The Koso grips sure won't. Their installation shows a ground and 12v connection only.

Looking at the wiring diagram and the Honda installation instructions leads me to believe no light will light on the meter. The connection for the Honda harness is a black 2 pin connector in the boot in the battery space, left side. Unplug the connector, plug in the 2 harness connectors. Basically it is tapping the 2 wjires with a T-harness. Not seeing a way to light a light.

Confirmation from someone will clarify this.
 
Bioman, the Koso website has probably all the info you could want on them. Installation instructions too in a .pdf file. Might be useful in the future.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Bioman, the Koso website has probably all the info you could want on them. Installation instructions too in a .pdf file. Might be useful in the future.
Great!! Thanks again. :worship:
 
syncronizator_imp said:
I will renew the question
Does anyone see this icon while heating is on?
(Someone who has OEM heated grips)
I have OEM heated grips and installed by an official dealer when the bike was new. I had never seen this icon.
My CB is an EX year 2015.
 
Thread starter
Hi Bosti ,
I have OEM heated grips, installed by an official dealer too.
Also I have users manual (paper version).
Nothing is mentioned about displaying the heated grips icon.
Probably there is no support for displaying heated grips icon during it's operation.
 
No known support- if the icon exists- there is a way to make it work. Just takes people with more electrical knowledge than me to figure it out.

Just like the speed sensor for the PCV.
 
Now days, many have unitized clusters for particular make, to cut down the production's cost....for cheeper models just aren't "awaken" due to no accessories, etc...
 
I think I could do it based on what I see on the wiring diagram. But I have a ‘13 and no G/H IND line is shown.
 
syncronizator_imp said:
I will renew the question
Does anyone see this icon while heating is on?
(Someone who has OEM heated grips)
My CB comes factory with heated grips and the display icon turns on when in use.
But I live in Japan, and my CB is japanese, so maybe that's why.
 
giuse, any chance you have a wiring diagram for the Japanese model? I’d like to see how they implemented the light.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
giuse, any chance you have a wiring diagram for the Japanese model? I’d like to see how they implemented the light.
I don't unfortunately.
My model is a CB1100EX bought in June this year.
 
Lord Popgun, you could try asking Mr T to see whether he could get you one.
 
friends . I am going to write to Honda Spain; claiming the problem; I think I know what it is. the CB1100 ex 2014-2016; It has the widest handlebar, as well as the icon of the Heated grip on the boot check; although after looking at the honda pdf assembly manual you don't see any connection to the ECU. The kit that they sent me to my official Honda mechanical workshop, recognized me that the union of left fist to right fist, did not arrive; and they had to make an invention / splice. on my 2019 Forza 300 that I sold to buy the CB1100 ex 2015; it came exactly; Amen that connected to the ECU and the icon was visible. I'm going to ask you to send a team of my version, or of 2017 ... that has the same handlebar ... (the 2013 version is more than small ..). good ; it's € 600 ...
 
Back
Top