Hi all, does anyone know what's going on with my bike? Is this a leak?

Riverhustler_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
41cee2eb80905f42168cc1113f4bb2ae.jpg

I have no idea what caused this. Any advice would be awesome. Can I just wipe it clean and go on riding through the summer? It hasn't gotten worse, but I can't tell what it is.
 
Never seen anything lime that. Looks lime rust water. Where is it coming from? You can see it in wires under the fuel tank. Weird.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Never seen anything lime that. Looks lime rust water. Where is it coming from? You can see it in wires under the fuel tank. Weird.
It does look like rusty water doesn't it.

I looked and there is nothing under the tank that I can see would do that. I would pull the tank and find out where it is coming from. Something is not right and you should check it out. OP that is, not ferret :)
 
Thread starter
I see, thanks guys. It did rain recently in NYC but not sure. I'll give it a wipe and see what happens. Will report if/when I find anything but it's a mystery.
 
I hate to say this, and I don't recommend that you do this, but if that was my bike I'd taste the stuff to see what it is. It is a bad habit I have but it has worked for me since I was an infant. I'll probably die from some sort of weird poisoning someday, but we all gotta die sometime!

PS - If you post a bigger picture maybe we can see some detail.

b26aa7a7b5c665ff25922596990691f4.gif
 
Yeah, a bigger pic WOULD help... :P
 
:rofl: you should see it on my Ipad. It's like OmniMax
 
Thread starter
Totally unrelated, but does anyone know how I can remove the "Breaking-in Period" underneath my handle?
d9a22e151651aadca3ca521573606160.jpg

Sorry about the image. I always forget to make it smaller first before uploading to imgur. :)
 
Looks like some version of rusty or stagnant water dripped down? Was it parked in an area where it got dripped on or rode through?

I wouldn't think there is much with the bike that would normally leave such residue. As posted, I'd clean it up then closely monitor for any repeats.
 
Just looks like something splashed up on the bike, there not water cooled and bikes to new to have a rusted out tank.
 
Cip, My initial thought was that he parked it under a leaky pipe or sprinkler head. But I figured he would know if he did that :)

But his post made me look up under there where you never look and now I have some cleaning to do! :(
 
Riverhustler_imp said:
Totally unrelated, but does anyone know how I can remove the "Breaking-in Period" underneath my handle?
d9a22e151651aadca3ca521573606160.jpg

Sorry about the image. I always forget to make it smaller first before uploading to imgur. :)
Post more.
 
Riverhustler_imp said:
Totally unrelated, but does anyone know how I can remove the "Breaking-in Period" underneath my handle?
d9a22e151651aadca3ca521573606160.jpg

Sorry about the image. I always forget to make it smaller first before uploading to imgur. :)
Thinking of moving to New York City (I got offered a job)

Where do people usually store their bikes?

I would love to take my CB1100 with me, but have been having a hard time finding an apartment with a garage.
 
Must be a heck of a job. Can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would move to New York City ( if you are talking about the city) especially from California.

Btw any word on what the drool is?
 
ish_imp said:
Riverhustler_imp said:
Totally unrelated, but does anyone know how I can remove the "Breaking-in Period" underneath my handle?
d9a22e151651aadca3ca521573606160.jpg

Sorry about the image. I always forget to make it smaller first before uploading to imgur. :)
Thinking of moving to New York City (I got offered a job)

Where do people usually store their bikes?

I would love to take my CB1100 with me, but have been having a hard time finding an apartment with a garage.
New Jersey?? :s
 
[/QUOTE]

Thinking of moving to New York City (I got offered a job)

Where do people usually store their bikes?

I would love to take my CB1100 with me, but have been having a hard time finding an apartment with a garage.
[/QUOTE]

Manhattan is a tough area to ride, we go down there in the eve when traffic is a bit lighter on motorcycles of bicycles and ride the west side along the Hudson. You may want to consider a storage facility in Westchetser along the Harlem Line. Take the train and ride north from there. If your single or married with no children Manhattan is a great place to live.
 

Thinking of moving to New York City (I got offered a job)

Where do people usually store their bikes?

I would love to take my CB1100 with me, but have been having a hard time finding an apartment with a garage.
[/QUOTE]

Manhattan is a tough area to ride, we go down there in the eve when traffic is a bit lighter on motorcycles of bicycles and ride the west side along the Hudson. You may want to consider a storage facility in Westchetser along the Harlem Line. Take the train and ride north from there. If your single or married with no children Manhattan is a great place to live.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I will be looking into storage facilities and also Looking for an apartment with a parking garage. Moving with minimal baggage and no kids. :thumbsup::beerchug:
 
Back
Top