Hi all, decisions, decisions, apples and oranges

Sea, For 2K more it would be a DLX, the DLX comes std with ABS and approx. 20 other upgrades or changes over the 2013 std.
 
The ABS alone is worth $1900. I never looked seriously at the DLX so I forgot that ABS is standard. Assuming that the 2013 is non-ABS, I'd definitely go with the 2014
 
I would shop around to see if there are better deals if you have any other Honda dealerships nearby.

The 2014 also has the larger tank, 4 into 2 exhaust, better instrumentation, and it's one year newer.
 
Better? Nah..just different. Same with the 4-2 exhaust--Not upgrades...just changes. The larger tank...marginal upgrade. They're both new. The model year will make almost no difference in five years.
That may have all sounded argumentative, but that was not my intent. Most of the differences in the two bikes are cosmetic and each have their own individual appeal. in my opinion, only the ABS would warrant the extra cost....unless the DLX just plain looks better to the buyer.
 
IMO you couldn't go wrong either way, but if I were willing to buy a 13, I'd look for a nice low mileage used one and save a little jingle. We have seen them for under $ 7K

there are 13s, 14 std and 14 dlxs for sale in our classifieds at excellent prices
 
[ quote='EmptySea' pid='71624' dateline='1421289692']
Better? Nah..just different. Same with the 4-2 exhaust--Not upgrades...just changes. The larger tank...marginal upgrade. They're both new. The model year will make almost no difference in five years.
[/QUOTE]

More comprehensive instrumentation might be a better way to put it. Gear position indicator and fuel economy readout are useful features.

Each individual different feature may not be significant, but all together they add up to a nice update on an already great motorcycle. I love my 2013, but the 2014 Deluxe would appeal to me for a $1900 difference. I agree that one a few years, the difference in value will be negligible between one model year, but I would expect a bigger difference in prices. MSRP of a 2013 Standard and 2014 DLX is $1600, so $300 is not enough of a discount for an year older bike.
 
canyonwlf7_imp said:
I have decided to get a CB 1100 and the Scrambler, now here are my choices's
2013 in red for 9800 with all tax's and fees included or 2014 deluxe in red for 1900 more,
I'm leaning towards the 2014
I would get the 2014 dlx and for 11,700 OTD, that is a decent deal. If you could get it down to 11,000 OTD, that would be even better.
 
Thread starter
I was mistaken, its 9400 OTD for the 13 and 11,300 OTD for the 14 Dlx, since I'm buying 2 bikes there I will try to get another discount.
I'm in Va, if anyone knows of a better deal on a 14? Thanks!
 
I'm with ferret. Since you're considering a '13 anyway, lightly used is one other way to go. That's what I did with my both CB and my other Honda. My other Honda- the NT700V- was traded in after only one month of use, and then I bought it for 40% off original MSRP. I always look for a lightly used example of what I'm going to buy. Let someone else ride it off the lot and pay the depreciation.

We've seen a couple of VERY low mileage 13s go for $6,000 on eBay. Many more of them in the 6K-7K range too. Several great examples in our own classifieds right here.

$6,000-$7,000 to me, is a lot better than $11,000
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
I'm with ferret. Since you're considering a '13 anyway, lightly used is one other way to go. That's what I did with my both CB and my other Honda. My other Honda- the NT700V- was traded in after only one month of use, and then I bought it for 40% off original MSRP. I always look for a lightly used example of what I'm going to buy. Let someone else ride it off the lot and pay the depreciation.

We've seen a couple of VERY low mileage 13s go for $6,000 on eBay. Many more of them in the 6K-7K range too. Several great examples in our own classifieds right here.

$6,000-$7,000 to me, is a lot better than $11,000
+1

Despite having a warranty on a new 2013, as soon as you sign the paperwork and ride off, you have a 2 year old used bike. I paid $7200 OTD back in June for my 2013 with 3000 miles.

If you are set on a brand new bike, the 2014 DLX seems like a better buy. If you like the 2014, get it.
 
I paid $7010 before state tax for my '13 this past summer from a non-Honda dealer. It only had 575 miles on it. While signing the paperwork, the dealer owner mentioned that they offer a warranty to their buyers, but he didn't even try to sell it to me. He even said: "You won't need one, it's a Honda!" Wow, an honest dealer!
 
Thread starter
I think the new guages are worth going for the 2014 Deluxe personally.
This is tough, save money or get what I really want, I'm going for the 2014!
 
Yes, get what you like. It has been stated numerous times on this forum, if you can afford it, spend the extra to get what you really want. For me, I really wanted a 2014 dlx due to the many changes. The way that I justified the added cost was to identify each change and assign a dollar value that I would pay. The following is what I came up with but your valuations may differ.


six speed - $500
silver engine/wheels - $500
seat - $200
4 into 2 exhaust - $300
larger tank - $0
new gauges - $200
turn signals - $100
side covers - $200
ABS - $1,000
 
808_rider_imp said:
Yes, get what you like. It has been stated numerous times on this forum, if you can afford it, spend the extra to get what you really want. For me, I really wanted a 2014 dlx due to the many changes. The way that I justified the added cost was to identify each change and assign a dollar value that I would pay. The following is what I came up with but your valuations may differ.


six speed - $500
silver engine/wheels - $500
seat - $200
4 into 2 exhaust - $300
larger tank - $0
new gauges - $200
turn signals - $100
side covers - $200
ABS - $1,000
Don't forget the metal front sprocket cover
the chrome bar ends
the polished master cyl caps for clutch and front brake
the polished top triple tree
the polished passenger grab rails
taller handlebars

EmptySea_imp said:
:( Another one sucked down the symmetrical wormhole. It's sad, really.

;)
:rofl:
 
Back
Top