Hey Midwesterners and northeasterners

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Do you believe it is August already? For many if us we are down to less than 90 days of riding this year, some about 60 days left.

I can't complain, I've ridden the wheels off my motorcycles this year, but dang the year is 2/3 over :(
 
The ferret_imp said:
Do you believe it is August already? For many if us we are down to less than 90 days of riding this year, some about 60 days left.

I can't complain, I've ridden the wheels off my motorcycles this year, but dang the year is 2/3 over :(
Yeah, bummer. If it helps, the year won't actually be 2/3rds over until September.
 
And I've missed the ENTIRE summer.......pfft.
 
How are you healing Randy? And how's the bike repair?
 
Slowly and the bike is not done yet.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Do you believe it is August already? For many if us we are down to less than 90 days of riding this year, some about 60 days left.

I can't complain, I've ridden the wheels off my motorcycles this year, but dang the year is 2/3 over :(
There you go, you just had to remind me didn't you :D
I groaned when I flipped all the calendars over on Friday :-/
September and October can be some of the nicer months for riding, and some of my friends ride into November, but for me the end of October is the limit. Too few warm enough days by then to make it pleasant riding.
This summer I haven't ridden as much as I wanted to because of summer chores (painting, fix-ups, etc.), but I'm working hard at it so I can get in some fall (autumn) riding.
 
I figure if I make it a few more days, it will be too late in the season to think about getting a BMW S1000R, and lucky the nearest dealer is 100+ miles away, never even been there.
 
Classic,

A couple weeks ago I flew to Jackson, MS., bought a bike from Ridem and rode home 1180 miles. :)

And he couldn't get the deal he wanted on a bike locally and drove up the state to get it.

So go for it Hiker!
 
Two years ago I won a bike in the BMW Superstakes and I flew from. NJ out to Chattanooga TN and rode it home. It was mid August and I only had two days to ride the 850 miles home. First day it dumped rain and I had to cut the days ride a bit short due to the zero visibility. I'm sure I was invisible to the cars and semi rigs in the heavy rain and the road spray. Day 2 was 95 degrees and 95% humidity and I got dehydrated. I arrived home and was shot for three days. I wouldn't do that again in mid August.
 
OK...maybe I'll take a day off and ride up to look at the S1000R if they have one in stock.....can't hurt to look ,right?
BTW, when I was younger, I put 65K miles on my 900 Ninja in less than 3 years...that has to count for something?
Of course dating a girl 180 miles away for a couple years helped rack up the miles.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
OK...maybe I'll take a day off and ride up to look at the S1000R if they have one in stock.....can't hurt to look ,right?
BTW, when I was younger, I put 65K miles on my 900 Ninja in less than 3 years...that has to count for something?
Of course dating a girl 180 miles away for a couple years helped rack up the miles.
Ahhh... Motivation!
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
OK...maybe I'll take a day off and ride up to look at the S1000R if they have one in stock.....can't hurt to look ,right?
BTW, when I was younger, I put 65K miles on my 900 Ninja in less than 3 years...that has to count for something?
Of course dating a girl 180 miles away for a couple years helped rack up the miles.
Ahhh... Motivation!
Ahhh... Motivation! Yep, up Garden State Parkway to 87 Newburgh every week or so...was tough to keep my speeding tickets in check !
 
It will be back before you know it. Good times go by too fast :-/

 
Thread starter
Dang you dUh... We really didn't need to see that :dodgy:
 
If I do, we're all in big trouble. :)
 
Guzzi Rally in New Mexico next week, should be good riding, at least in the morning hours. Come October, about two to three weeks into it, prime riding time will arrive in Phoenix. So I'm looking forward to the coming cooler weather.
 
Back
Top