Hepco and Becker c-bow mounts and street bags

I guess I'm still confused. If the OEM wires have enough slack to relocate the turn signals, why do you even need to disconnect them in the first place?
 
The OEM wires do not have any slack in them and require disconnecting in order to pull them out of the trim pieces that they are mounted on.
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Gotcha, and so the wires do not remove from the base of the turn signal itself???
Only if you have the special tool.

 
Haha, good one. What type of connector would you recommend to reconnect cut wires (I am an idiot when it comes to electrical stuff)
 
In this case, I would just drop the fender and pull the wires loose. It only takes a couple minutes. Splicing wires is another opportunity for corrosion to sneak in.
 
kennyw, I'm also a bit confused by 'just drop the fender and pull the wires loose' too. What happens then?
 
kenny, looks like your final mod used replacement indicators that had wires long enough to run all the way back under the seat. So, I guess, pulling out the original wires and replacing them makes sense.

What did you do with the original mod? It looks like your first signals may not have had wires long enough to reach back to the battery.
 
The first set I used for mockup only and did not wire them in. I looked for extension wires for the factory plugs. I can not remember if I found any though. I did find short pig tails that I used to wire in the aftermarket lights. Those might be long enough for you to add the correct mating connector on the end and use as an extension
 
Back
Top