hepco becker side back C system

alexzanutto_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi,

so I just got the luggage system in the title and I was looking at the mounting instructions. They are really poor indeed, but there is one thing that kind of worries me. The system asks for the complete removal of the side grab bars and the rear indicators will need to be moved further back than their original position.

My question is: how do I dismantle the indicators? I need to feed the wire out of the side grab bars in order to remove them and re-feed in the C system rack. What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks!
 
alexzanutto_imp said:
Hi,

so I just got the luggage system in the title and I was looking at the mounting instructions. They are really poor indeed, but there is one thing that kind of worries me. The system asks for the complete removal of the side grab bars and the rear indicators will need to be moved further back than their original position.

My question is: how do I dismantle the indicators? I need to feed the wire out of the side grab bars in order to remove them and re-feed in the C system rack. What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks!
I haven't watched this all the way through, but this might be helpful.
Good luck. I have the earlier version of their bags and had to move all that stuff as well. It all worked out but, yes, those instructions are minimal.
Bob
 
Thread starter
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
alexzanutto_imp said:
Hi,

so I just got the luggage system in the title and I was looking at the mounting instructions. They are really poor indeed, but there is one thing that kind of worries me. The system asks for the complete removal of the side grab bars and the rear indicators will need to be moved further back than their original position.

My question is: how do I dismantle the indicators? I need to feed the wire out of the side grab bars in order to remove them and re-feed in the C system rack. What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks!
I haven't watched this all the way through, but this might be helpful.
Good luck. I have the earlier version of their bags and had to move all that stuff as well. It all worked out but, yes, those instructions are minimal.
Bob
I haven't watched this all the way through, but this might be helpful.
Good luck. I have the earlier version of their bags and had to move all that stuff as well. It all worked out but, yes, those instructions are minimal.
Bob
Hey, thanks but that's not it... I wanted to make sure of how to move the indicators, so i don't damage anything. Are the connectors under the battery?
 
It's been a while and I am not able to look at the bike now, but I believe the connectors were right under the seat. I'll look later but if anyone else can take a peek, that'd be nice.
 
They are under the seat Bob. Left side aft of the battery in a big boot.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They are under the seat Bob. Left side aft of the battery in a big boot.
There you go! I kinda thought His Lordship might have the answer. Thanks to you, Popcorn, and good luck to Alex Z!
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They are under the seat Bob. Left side aft of the battery in a big boot.
There you go! I kinda thought His Lordship might have the answer. Thanks to you, Popcorn, and good luck to Alex Z!
There you go! I kinda thought His Lordship might have the answer. Thanks to you, Popcorn, and good luck to Alex Z!


 
I cut the wires and had a buddy who is rather handy with a soldering iron re-attach them.

So, uh, my advice is to find a buddy who is rather handy with a soldering iron.
 
GO, I just don’t get any respect :(

OTOH, I like popcorn! Guess I have to get an Arrow slip-on and make some :D
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
GO, I just don’t get any respect :(

OTOH, I like popcorn! Guess I have to get an Arrow slip-on and make some :D
I did try to salvage Inhouse Bob's typo error.

I am glad you were able to salvage my salvage.
 
Thread starter
Thanks everybody for the replies.

I did figure out where they were and the job is done now. I had to take apart the bloody rear fender to feed the wires out and back through again. And I swear I never found a battery harder to take out and put back in, not looking forward to the day I'll need to replace it...

I could have cut the wires and resoldered them, but I am not a big fan of patching things up if there is another way.

Anywho, here are some pictures of the finished job. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Now I just need to figure out how to chop/modify the givi back rack so I can add that too (unfortunately the two things are not compatible...)



[url=https://ibb.co/X2yMvXS]
 
Looks good, Alex. Did the battery have a strap around it to help lift it out?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks good, Alex. Did the battery have a strap around it to help lift it out?
Yes it did, but it got stuck in the wires and it was a mess. I suspect that the previous owner moved things around and now it's a tighter fit than originally meant... or maybe it's just me being an idiot, who knows...

Anyway, I must say I quite like it too. I like the fact that the C brackets came in chrome, they look good even when the bags are not on. I thought they would come in black and that they wouldn't look the part...

'13 CB1100 A White
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
GO, I just don’t get any respect :(

OTOH, I like popcorn! Guess I have to get an Arrow slip-on and make some :D
I did try to salvage Inhouse Bob's typo error.

I am glad you were able to salvage my salvage.
I did try to salvage Inhouse Bob's typo error.

I am glad you were able to salvage my salvage. Oh. Um, yeah. No one ever said I was bright, just friendly :angel:
alexzanutto_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks good, Alex. Did the battery have a strap around it to help lift it out?
Yes it did, but it got stuck in the wires and it was a mess. I suspect that the previous owner moved things around and now it's a tighter fit than originally meant... or maybe it's just me being an idiot, who knows...

Anyway, I must say I quite like it too. I like the fact that the C brackets came in chrome, they look good even when the bags are not on. I thought they would come in black and that they wouldn't look the part...

'13 CB1100 A White
Glad you got it sorted. Keep that chrome clean and waxed. Mine got rust spots almost immediately :(
Still work fine, though.
 
Back
Top