Help

danielquin_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I went down today on a gravel road and busted up a part or two.

Hoping someone has a link for where to buy what I need. I need a couple of posts to qualify, then I will put an add in the classifieds.

Thanks
 
Daniel sorry to hear about your mishap, and sincerely hope that you were not hurt.
 
Glad you're not hurt badly, Daniel. I'm sure the bike will be OK too.
 
danielquin_imp said:
I went down today on a gravel road and busted up a part or two.

Hoping someone has a link for where to buy what I need. I need a couple of posts to qualify, then I will put an add in the classifieds.

Thanks
Glad you are OK Daniel. Welcome to the "I've gone down in gravel on a CB" Club. I claim to be the founding member. All fixed now. Also gave me an excuse to change over the OEM muffler for a Staintune.

Cheers
 
OH man I would hate that:( I'm glad your OK. Boy its funny how attached we get to these bikes.

Part of it may be the fact that they aren't bringing them to the U.S. anymore and me, at least worry about getting parts.

When I was 25 and riding my CB750 I never worried about it. I rode the snot out of it and one day a dumb woman pulled out right in front of me and I had to lay it down. I wasn't speeding but doing about 50 when it happened. I managed to get down to about 35 - 40 before impact. My dolly bars helped protect the bike and my legs and I was wearing Fry riding boots with side ring protectors but it still broke the instrument cluster and mirror and faring.

I put it back together and rode it another year until I traded it on the new KZ900 and kept riding.:biker:

Glad you weren't hurt, don't let it put you off

ralph
 
Thread starter
Oh it won't put me off. I actually continued riding it up until a couple days ago when I discovered that I had put a tiny puncture in the left crank case cover. That's now my most important fix. I think at this point I just need to put an order together from the link above.
 
danielquin_imp said:
Oh it won't put me off. I actually continued riding it up until a couple days ago when I discovered that I had put a tiny puncture in the left crank case cover. That's now my most important fix. I think at this point I just need to put an order together from the link above.
Boy I'm glad you weren't hurt. The very first thing I did when I picked up my CB1100 was order dolly bars (thats what we called the little chrome bars around the crankcase covers back in the day) It save a LOT of damage.

When these bikes start to go over, at nearly 600 pounds if you aren't quick, you can't stop them. Just a fall over even not moving can do damage.

Sounds like you can put'er back together again, although that cover may not be cheap. Maybe someone here would have a cover you can get at a reasonable cost?

ralph
 
Thread starter
Maybe I should get some "dolly bars" haha

Well, the cover turns out to be about $100 bucks shipped which really is a lot better than I thought. I was really hoping to come up with some parts here but so far not a lot of luck. And now with the poor bike just sitting in the garage I'm probably going to order parts tomorrow or Friday because good riding weather is going to fade fast for me!
 
What are you looking for?
 
danielquin_imp said:
Maybe I should get some "dolly bars" haha

Well, the cover turns out to be about $100 bucks shipped which really is a lot better than I thought. I was really hoping to come up with some parts here but so far not a lot of luck. And now with the poor bike just sitting in the garage I'm probably going to order parts tomorrow or Friday because good riding weather is going to fade fast for me!
That really isn't to bad, wonder if they have them in chrome, hum:idea:

ralph
 
Ralph_imp said:
danielquin_imp said:
Oh it won't put me off. I actually continued riding it up until a couple days ago when I discovered that I had put a tiny puncture in the left crank case cover. That's now my most important fix. I think at this point I just need to put an order together from the link above.
Boy I'm glad you weren't hurt. The very first thing I did when I picked up my CB1100 was order dolly bars (thats what we called the little chrome bars around the crankcase covers back in the day) It save a LOT of damage.

When these bikes start to go over, at nearly 600 pounds if you aren't quick, you can't stop them. Just a fall over even not moving can do damage.

Sounds like you can put'er back together again, although that cover may not be cheap. Maybe someone here would have a cover you can get at a reasonable cost?

ralph
Sure can mate. Just patch 'em, paint 'em, pat them on the posterior and you're back in the game.

741b90fbfda951c1ade969acb2298122.jpg


edada5f1f8da8540c0640378944d1572.jpg


Cheers
 
Back
Top