Help? Tripmeters won't reset

BayAreaRick_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
On my very new (to me) 2014 DLX I'm having a problem resetting the A/B Tripmeters. I know both left/right buttons work as I was able to reset the clock using both buttons. All other electronics on the multi-function display appear to work - indicator lights, clock, fuel, odometer, A/B Tripmeters (just can't reset them).

Has anyone else had this problem? What was the resolution (please)?
 
How long are you holding the button down to reset them?
 
Push down left button until TRIP A comes up, now push down same button and hold for 2-3 seconds and it and all functions related to Trip A should zero. Then cycle to TRIP B using same button, when Trip B shows up hold same button down for 2-3 seconds and it and all functions related to it should zero. Then using same button cycle back to ODO.

Btw I use Trip A for day mileage ( I record my daily mileage) and it gets reset every morning.

Trip B I use for fuel in tank and it gets reset every time I fill up.

I can go over 200 miles on tank, so don't let getting down to 2 bars or 1 bar scare you, just check how much miles you've gone on the tank ( Trip B)
 
Thread starter
Maybe I'm being impatient - but I think at least 2 seconds. I'll try holding it 'longer' when I get home today - and let you all know. Thanks for the speedy replies.
 
Home yet huh? Huh? Huh? Huh?
 
Thread starter
Ok, ok, ok. Ferret -- Well, 'fart in my face' - I've been doing it WRONG the whole time trying. (Sorry Mods for the language, but it was really My Bad). As below - it was not the same button I was originally pressing. Thank you, thank you! :)

"Push down left button until TRIP A comes up, now push down SAME BUTTON and hold for 2-3 seconds and it and all functions related to Trip A should zero. Then cycle to TRIP B using same button, when Trip B shows up hold same button down for 2-3 seconds and it and all functions related to it should zero. Then using same button cycle back to ODO."
 
Awesome. Glad it was operator error, and everything is working as it should!
 
Thread starter
In all fairness - I don't have an Owners Manual, it didn't come with the used bike I just bought. I found an older, I think Aussie version PDF online.

Hey, anyone have a spare for a 2014 DLX?
 
Thread starter
Just so everyone doesn't think I'm a complete 'dufus', the online Owners Manual PDF I found that gave me the INCORRECT instructions below: (I was trying and trying and trying, but nada. Then Ferret comes to the rescue :D )



Yes, I'm gonna get me a real Owners Manual...
 
Maybe there are differences between the different models and/or model years? :huh:
Resetting the trip meter on my MY 2013 CB 1100 works like described above: select A or B trip meter with button A, and reset the trip meter with pressing and holding button B.
 
Yes. That's the instructions for the 2010-13 models. The DLX instrument panel is different and has more and different functions. Apparently the buttons work differently too.
 
Back
Top