help me pick a summer glove

linuxology_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Being in Louisiana I know it will not be long until I need a summer glove. Are there any you recommend? I was looking between the icon hooligan and icon compound mesh glove. Feel free to choose between the two or choose your own. Budget is 100 or less.
 
Something with knuckles.

0dceb746e32ff2fe37dd82f748c3a0ba.jpg
 
Dainese makes a find glove and I picked up a set, now well worn (and crashed) that need replacement. I picked up a cheap Bilt pair at Cyclegear, they seem a bit better than I originally gave them credit for. About $30.

Don't fit as well as the Dainese, but close.

My main criteria for summer gloves, light and a long gauntlet so my wrist is covered to past the jacket sleeve. I really dislike the sunbun band on top when there is a gap between the jacket and glove.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Dainese makes a find glove and I picked up a set, now well worn (and crashed) that need replacement. I picked up a cheap Bilt pair at Cyclegear, they seem a bit better than I originally gave them credit for. About $30.

Don't fit as well as the Dainese, but close.

My main criteria for summer gloves, light and a long gauntlet so my wrist is covered to past the jacket sleeve. I really dislike the sunbun band on top when there is a gap between the jacket and glove.
You can always do what I do and wear a jacket with sleeves the length of straight jacket sleeves.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
Dainese makes a find glove and I picked up a set, now well worn (and crashed) that need replacement. I picked up a cheap Bilt pair at Cyclegear, they seem a bit better than I originally gave them credit for. About $30.

Don't fit as well as the Dainese, but close.

My main criteria for summer gloves, light and a long gauntlet so my wrist is covered to past the jacket sleeve. I really dislike the sunbun band on top when there is a gap between the jacket and glove.
You can always do what I do and wear a jacket with sleeves the length of straight jacket sleeves.
You'll forget all about the length once you get that jacket broken in :beerchug:
I just went to shops and tried on as many pairs as I could to check fit. My paws are just big enough to make it difficult to get ones that fit. I do like revzilla and what they offer.
 
I recently bought a pair of Speed and Strength Rust And Redemption leather gloves and they are very comfortable. They come in 3 colors (black, brown, olive) and has the retro look that goes well with our CBs.
 
I love my deerskin gloves. I have 3 pairs of them I love them so much.
 
I have Oakley Factory Pilots with carbon fiber knuckle plates but the stitching on one of them leaves room for improvement. Otherwise they're comfortable and seemingly protective. ~$80
 
I posted that picture because my gloves absolutely saved my hands when I went down. Not a scratch on my hands and the gloves definitely showed damage that would have been my skin (and maybe more).
 
I have the Lee Parks insulated ones with gauntlets as my winter gloves and love them. I plan to get the short, non-insulated ones in tan for my summer gloves


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I have, and love, my tan lee parks gloves.
Lee was at the Long Beach motorcycle show and I came close to picking up a pair of his gloves. They were discounted but still more than I was willing to spend at the time.
 
I find that discounted gloves are not cheap enough, cheap gloves are too.......cheap. sigh.

I did spring for those light weight Bilt gloves at CycleGear and so far they have not been too bad.
 
I discovered deer skin gloves for summer riding decades ago. I got ridiculed for wearing work gloves on a top of the line Goldwing Aspencade. But they were inexpensive, soft, cool, and didn't dye your hands blue when it rained. Most good hardware stores have them at a fraction of the cost of Lee Parks gloves.

I bought a pair of insulated, black leather motorcycle gauntlets for cold weather driving last fall. But I found insulated split (suede) deer skin work gloves to be warmer.
 
Have some Lee Parks unlined goat skin that are GREAT, couldn't believe I paid that much for a pair of gloves though. I'd do it again.
For summer I'm wearing Icon mesh with some serious knuckles. Excellent gloves. Learned the fast way many yeas ago to wear gloves, some lessons you don't forget.
Used to get some pretty good leather work gloves at the big box home store and waterproof them, works well and does give some protection.
Started out wearing some golfers gloves! Hubris of youth.
 
Back
Top