MinkeyChief_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Apologies if I've missed relevant threads, but I've searched and people seem to have had no issues with the PC V install. And the Dynojet video makes it look easier than two sips of G&T.
1) I really struggled to remove the "quick" release connector on the fuel tank. Also, I didn't realize that a couple of parts on the quick-release valve, once removed, need to be replaced. Is that an overabundance of caution in the service manual (as with the oil drain plug bolt) and I should be okay reusing the clamp and rubber washer? (I know they're not expensive, but another wait, which may be moot because of point 2, below.)
2) I just cannot find the room to route the PC V harness alongside the current wiring. The stock loom is so thick that I can't squeeze the PC V connectors under the left side frame to be able to run it along the fuel tank. I can't move the loom enough in any direction. Would I need to loosen the air filter box? It can't be easy nor recommended to remove the PC V connectors to route the harness?

1) I really struggled to remove the "quick" release connector on the fuel tank. Also, I didn't realize that a couple of parts on the quick-release valve, once removed, need to be replaced. Is that an overabundance of caution in the service manual (as with the oil drain plug bolt) and I should be okay reusing the clamp and rubber washer? (I know they're not expensive, but another wait, which may be moot because of point 2, below.)
2) I just cannot find the room to route the PC V harness alongside the current wiring. The stock loom is so thick that I can't squeeze the PC V connectors under the left side frame to be able to run it along the fuel tank. I can't move the loom enough in any direction. Would I need to loosen the air filter box? It can't be easy nor recommended to remove the PC V connectors to route the harness?
