Helm inc. manual

The Gecko_imp

Been there
Thread starter
The helm website proposes the SM for the CB1100, from 2013 all the way up to 2017. Its title is " 2013-2017 CB1100/A Service Manual ". According to my research the following Honda codes apply to the different models :

A - stands for standard model
SA - for the DLX
CA - for the 2017 EX

In other words, I am not so sure this manual (order code 61MGC02 ), does really cover the CA. It seems to be for the CB1100 (?) and the CB1100A only. Would anybody who has this manual be able to help ?
 
Thread starter
Thanks a lot both of you,
just ordered the helm manual for it's picture quality and coverage of the latest model.
26$ shipping, I thought that money would let me send a burger all the way to Japan ?
But complaining doesn't help, they have a monopoly.
;)
 
The Gecko_imp said:
Thanks a lot both of you,
just ordered the helm manual for it's picture quality and coverage of the latest model.
26$ shipping, I thought that money would let me send a burger all the way to Japan ?
But complaining doesn't help, they have a monopoly.
;)
Shipping from Japan (in general) seems to be very reliable and quick, at least to here in Canada.
 
I have a 2013 only shop manual. Some of the torque specs are different for different model years (2013 rear wheel axel nut torque is different than 2014 rear wheel axel nut torque for example). I'd be interested to see if all the differences are accurately accounted for a the multi year shop manual.
 
Gecko is right! I ordered one also to get all model years and wiring diagrams and the shipping is half the manual cost. Oh well. Now I’ll have a 2013 manual, a 2013-2014 manual and 2013-2017. I guess that should be it huh?
 
Well, I don't know why one member would need three overlapping shop manuals...unless he runs underground Honda repair shop?? :)
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Well, I don't know why one member would need three overlapping shop manuals...unless he runs underground Honda repair shop?? :)
Maybe they offer underground brake fluid change services. :)
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Well, I don't know why one member would need three overlapping shop manuals...unless he runs underground Honda repair shop?? :)
Maybe they offer underground brake fluid change services. :)
Maybe they offer underground brake fluid change services. :)
:rofl:

That statement sounds familiar, ya know, there is a big difference between liquid and solids :)
 
What can I say? I’m a sucker for documentation. Always have been.
 
Pauley_imp said:
I have a 2013 only shop manual. Some of the torque specs are different for different model years (2013 rear wheel axel nut torque is different than 2014 rear wheel axel nut torque for example). I'd be interested to see if all the differences are accurately accounted for a the multi year shop manual.
HUGE! Honda Manual 61MGC02 covers them all!
(and shows the ‘Model’ differences/specs while on each topic)
 
Still haven't received my Big Book of all models. Only been a week though.

When it shows up I'll pull the wiring diagrams for after '14 models and have them scanned and printed out bigger at the UPS store by me. They did all the other wiring diagrams I have. A LOT easier to read and follow.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Still haven't received my Big Book of all models. Only been a week though.

When it shows up I'll pull the wiring diagrams for after '14 models and have them scanned and printed out bigger at the UPS store by me. They did all the other wiring diagrams I have. A LOT easier to read and follow.
It’s printed on demand ….

Mine was Ordered, Printed, Shipped and received in 16 days.
*Very nice service manual.
 
Back
Top