hellfire vs plexistar 2 windshields

well sure, ideally for each rider the height would be different for ideal. but the point is it has to be either real short or real tall. For perfect sound deadening you would have to look thru the shield, and for perfect clean air hitting your helmet on the other end, it would have to be short enough that the deflected wind hits no higher than your collarbone. In between those extremes there is generally a lot of buffeting (head bobbling pressure and flag flapping in the wind sound)

In 2013, when the forum began, we were doing a lot of experimenting and thru trial and error (ie: cutting off windshields an inch or so at a time) found most people were happiest with either 9 1/2 or 10 1/2 above the ign and then there was a huge gap and the next happiest group came in at 20-22" above the ign. Between those two, riders were not as happy.
 
Love the bug splats in your vid, Chuckk. I haven't had any on my visor,for a change but I clean my screen by laying a wet t-shirt on it for a minute to soften the splats before wiping.
I rode mine across the valley to the dentist yesterday in a stiff 25 to 30 mph north wind and it worked well. Yes, it was windy with a lot of turbulence off the side of the screen but it held up well, trucks passing in the opposite direction caused some serious blasts, but the shield stayed solid. Really appreciate the weight of the CB in those conditions.

Ben
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
well sure, ideally for each rider the height would be different for ideal. but the point is it has to be either real short or real tall. For perfect sound deadening you would have to look thru the shield, and for perfect clean air hitting your helmet on the other end, it would have to be short enough that the deflected wind hits no higher than your collarbone. In between those extremes there is generally a lot of buffeting (head bobbling pressure and flag flapping in the wind sound)

In 2013, when the forum began, we were doing a lot of experimenting and thru trial and error (ie: cutting off windshields an inch or so at a time) found most people were happiest with either 9 1/2 or 10 1/2 above the ign and then there was a huge gap and the next happiest group came in at 20-22" above the ign. Between those two, riders were not as happy.
now I understand your logic.. it makes sense..
chuckk ..
Ben70_imp said:
Love the bug splats in your vid, Chuckk. I haven't had any on my visor,for a change but I clean my screen by laying a wet t-shirt on it for a minute to soften the splats before wiping.
I rode mine across the valley to the dentist yesterday in a stiff 25 to 30 mph north wind and it worked well. Yes, it was windy with a lot of turbulence off the side of the screen but it held up well, trucks passing in the opposite direction caused some serious blasts, but the shield stayed solid. Really appreciate the weight of the CB in those conditions.

Ben
ben.. I swear by this bug cleaning method.. no waiting, just spray the sponge and the windshield both.. then finish with a clean cloth, whatever be your liking.. I use a bounty paper towel.. I've ben using this method for years without any negative effects on the windshields.. especially now, with our bullet proof ps-2's !! (did you see their demo) .. haha ..
chuckk ..

0a415709983f8f5291b74b42b903797c.jpg

.
3d107f697d0a9dec29c15e130b1ed76d.jpg


the cinch works as well as many others products, but it has a very pleasant smell, masking the ugly dead bug smell as you clean ..
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Chuckk, I like your 90...100 video clip...
Stay safe, always.
:)
the video is pretty crude, but you get the idea ..have you figured out what heated gloves you might be getting yet Peter ?

chuckk ..
 
Chuckk_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
well sure, ideally for each rider the height would be different for ideal. but the point is it has to be either real short or real tall. For perfect sound deadening you would have to look thru the shield, and for perfect clean air hitting your helmet on the other end, it would have to be short enough that the deflected wind hits no higher than your collarbone. In between those extremes there is generally a lot of buffeting (head bobbling pressure and flag flapping in the wind sound)

In 2013, when the forum began, we were doing a lot of experimenting and thru trial and error (ie: cutting off windshields an inch or so at a time) found most people were happiest with either 9 1/2 or 10 1/2 above the ign and then there was a huge gap and the next happiest group came in at 20-22" above the ign. Between those two, riders were not as happy.
now I understand your logic.. it makes sense..
chuckk ..
Ben70_imp said:
Love the bug splats in your vid, Chuckk. I haven't had any on my visor,for a change but I clean my screen by laying a wet t-shirt on it for a minute to soften the splats before wiping.
I rode mine across the valley to the dentist yesterday in a stiff 25 to 30 mph north wind and it worked well. Yes, it was windy with a lot of turbulence off the side of the screen but it held up well, trucks passing in the opposite direction caused some serious blasts, but the shield stayed solid. Really appreciate the weight of the CB in those conditions.

Ben
ben.. I swear by this bug cleaning method.. no waiting, just spray the sponge and the windshield both.. then finish with a clean cloth, whatever be your liking.. I use a bounty paper towel.. I've ben using this method for years without any negative effects on the windshields.. especially now, with our bullet proof ps-2's !! (did you see their demo) .. haha ..
chuckk ..

0a415709983f8f5291b74b42b903797c.jpg

.
3d107f697d0a9dec29c15e130b1ed76d.jpg


the cinch works as well as many others products, but it has a very pleasant smell, masking the ugly dead bug smell as you clean ..
Alotta trigger pulling ...

That is one mean vein. :)
 
Lol, looks like he would be an easy stick for a blood test. All my veins are under a layer of fat. I'm a tough stick. Lo.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Chuckk, I like your 90...100 video clip...
Stay safe, always.
:)
the video is pretty crude, but you get the idea ..have you figured out what heated gloves you might be getting yet Peter ?

chuckk ..
the video is pretty crude, but you get the idea ..have you figured out what heated gloves you might be getting yet Peter ?

chuckk ..
It might be the same as GO but decision has not been made yet, as this season is almost gone. Will need'em for early spring/20. Steel contemplating...
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
... need some darn winter weather. (just kidding!)

When I have some, I will place feedback in other topic thread.
GO, you just sent an invitation to Jack Frost
5b185b24afa84fd78d46d2225721f6d2.gif
for his early arrival .....lol...
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... need some darn winter weather. (just kidding!)

When I have some, I will place feedback in other topic thread.
GO, you just sent an invitation to Jack Frost
5b185b24afa84fd78d46d2225721f6d2.gif
for his early arrival .....lol...
GO, you just sent an invitation to Jack Frost
dff4e7b76d92b601aad5868b0bb14cfe.gif
for his early arrival .....lol...
Crap PB, you're right. I heard it was going to be -3C north of Highway #7 tonight. Sorry. :s For our Fahrenheit folks: That is below freezing.
 
Back
Top