Chuckk, just remove the rear bolt holding the tank so you can lift it a little. That’s enough to run a cable.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Chuckk, I hope you fuse and gauge these circuits properly???, and I know, you have a lot...so do not burn/overload itChuckk_imp said:just to add... I have checked my mileage 3 or 4 more times and the 55 m.p.g. seems to be holding.. that's good news.. today I will start to run a lightning cable from under my seat, up to my handle bars.. this will allow me to keep my iPhone at the ready for doing short videos.. I will try to fish the cable through, under the tank.. I have had the tank off once and that fuel connector was a pain !! ..Chuckk_imp said:I brushed on 3 or 4 coats of urethane.. my goal was to seal the wood mainly.. the table is made to take abuse and I do just that at times.. I have filled many of those oil pans with nuts and bolts etc.. I don't fill them up too much, allowing me to finger through them looking for that special item.. I use a larger oil drain pan to service my bike.. I have a shed that I keep "stuff" in ..
.![]()
.![]()
G.O. will have fun picking through my stuff haha ..
getting back on the subject, I did another fuel consumption test today .. as usual, it was a dirty job.. haha .. it seems to be very close to my first m.p.g. test that I did with the plexistar 2
.![]()
..![]()


that was my plan, to lift the tank just a bit.. maybe using a coat hanger to feed it through.. I'll be digging into it tomorrow.. it seems, to keep your friends of dying from boredom, I have to keep the videos about 1 to 2 mins. long.. then I can send them through messages and have audio and video.. I love my Mac .. I can view things full screen.. I haven't tried it yet, but I could also use google maps if I have reception.. the iPhone is in a perfect spot to view them.. thanks cormanus for your input...Cormanus_imp said:Chuckk, just remove the rear bolt holding the tank so you can lift it a little. That’s enough to run a cable.
Chuckk, I hope you fuse and gauge these circuits properly???, and I know, you have a lot...so do not burn/overload itpeterbaron_imp said:Chuckk, I hope you fuse and gauge these circuits properly???, and I know, you have a lot...so do not burn/overload itChuckk_imp said:just to add... I have checked my mileage 3 or 4 more times and the 55 m.p.g. seems to be holding.. that's good news.. today I will start to run a lightning cable from under my seat, up to my handle bars.. this will allow me to keep my iPhone at the ready for doing short videos.. I will try to fish the cable through, under the tank.. I have had the tank off once and that fuel connector was a pain !! ..Chuckk_imp said:I brushed on 3 or 4 coats of urethane.. my goal was to seal the wood mainly.. the table is made to take abuse and I do just that at times.. I have filled many of those oil pans with nuts and bolts etc.. I don't fill them up too much, allowing me to finger through them looking for that special item.. I use a larger oil drain pan to service my bike.. I have a shed that I keep "stuff" in ..
.![]()
.![]()
G.O. will have fun picking through my stuff haha ..
getting back on the subject, I did another fuel consumption test today .. as usual, it was a dirty job.. haha .. it seems to be very close to my first m.p.g. test that I did with the plexistar 2
.![]()
..![]()
Some helpful links:
http://knowhow.napaonline.com/know-how-notes-automotive-wiring-guide/
12 Volt Wiring: Wire Gauge to Amps – Offroaders.com provides information and entertainment to 4×4 enthusiasts worldwide
The DC Wiring Page - Connectors, Fuses and Wire
![]()

I attached directly to the battery knowing there was a handy in-line fuse for the heated gear.. I think it is a 7 amp.. the other gizmos have a very small draw. the clock, beeper, and thermometer I picked up the power from in the headlight .. I just have to remember to turn off my heated gear when I stop for a while.. they could drain the battery some.. I have compensated for the extra power consumption by going to the LED rear directionals.. I don't know how that really balances out, but I believe mr. Honda gave me a little extra charging capability..

peterbaron' pid='251528' dateline='1571439761 said:OK, just in case, Popgun has 50 mile, wireless booster cable set
![]()
^^ if you disconnect gas tank breather hose (R-lower side of tank), you can get extra space/lift tank higher....to route your wires
I think Nicola Tesla has the patent rights on the 50 mile wireless booster cable.. and yes Peter, I will try to gain as much room as I can, without messing with the fuel line..
old dogs.. new tricks ... boy, I don't know ..Rboe_imp said:Paper towels are, optically speaking, very abrasive. Upgrade to micro fibre cloths (Costco sells large bulk pack, Harbor Freight has them too) and I think you'll find them superior to Bounty (except in the picking up spills department).
Ah ya, those mountains. What are those? :huh: Things we call mountains around here are probably speed bumps to you.Chuckk_imp said:to answer your question G.O. I would guess around 20 times a season.. the question that you aren't asking is, what are the average temps in the mountains where I ride in the winter months at 3000 to 5000 feet.. thats where my handy-dandy thermometer comes in.. there is a difference in temps of about 20 to 30 degrees when I go on my rides.. sometimes even in the summer.. at the place we call the 5000 foot overlook, winter temps are usually 40* to 46* .. there are times when I wear my heated gear, but never turn it on.. the system I have made makes it almost effortless to plug and play my heated gear.. when I first bought my Gerbing heated gear, I didn't use it much.. it was such a pain to wire it up.. you know, running a "Y" harness up your back and down your sleeves to connect your gloves to your vest, then plug the vest into the side cover of the bike.. so I spent quite a bit of time, making parts and controller boxes.. it was time well spent.. now I reap the rewards..

Ah ya, those mountains. What are those? :huh: Things we call mountains around here are probably speed bumps to you. G.O. we call your mountains "hills" .. judging from your comment..GoldOxide_imp said:Ah ya, those mountains. What are those? :huh: Things we call mountains around here are probably speed bumps to you.Chuckk_imp said:to answer your question G.O. I would guess around 20 times a season.. the question that you aren't asking is, what are the average temps in the mountains where I ride in the winter months at 3000 to 5000 feet.. thats where my handy-dandy thermometer comes in.. there is a difference in temps of about 20 to 30 degrees when I go on my rides.. sometimes even in the summer.. at the place we call the 5000 foot overlook, winter temps are usually 40* to 46* .. there are times when I wear my heated gear, but never turn it on.. the system I have made makes it almost effortless to plug and play my heated gear.. when I first bought my Gerbing heated gear, I didn't use it much.. it was such a pain to wire it up.. you know, running a "Y" harness up your back and down your sleeves to connect your gloves to your vest, then plug the vest into the side cover of the bike.. so I spent quite a bit of time, making parts and controller boxes.. it was time well spent.. now I reap the rewards..


No, I don't mean BMW hydraulic fluid. The upshot is no additional wiring.