hellfire vs plexistar 2 windshields

Chuckk_imp

Been there
Thread starter
after seeing ben's plexistar 2, I decided to buy one.. it came in yesterday and I installed it.. my old hellfire isn't bad, but I found it to be short by about 2 inches in height.. when I tried to get the correct angle of deflection, it made the hellfire even shorter !! .. the plexistar gives me just what I wanted.. I took the plexistar out for a test ride today.. I am very happy !! .. here are some of my pics with captions ..

.
243e59b2f17913200fa66399d1808d5c.jpg
[/b
fb0384cb53e2532a8fce57c283e16278.jpg

94e797c1de2a6df2d8708a06fe9b204a.jpg

2a47dbe7a3d3fd78ed2085b5279daca8.jpg

c0e8b04f6639b3d14529b33fc456f082.jpg

460ad2c2bc7e6ccc70f1fe65a95d39f8.jpg

345865022ab95dac820a7702f308b193.jpg

1e6aa80055f482eb27309c4da5a92945.jpg

501e3a1a442260e72097f97716d60782.jpg
 
Nothing like grabbing a cold one out of the white frig after a successful project like the Plexistar 2, eh Chuckk? :)

Well done.

Would love to ride in a Cali-forn-eye-ay winter.
 
Thread starter
thanks G.O... I do keep some in there, mainly for guests.. I had quite the time installing the hardware for the plexistar.. with all of my gadgets etc.. could you get a pretty good idea of the size of the two windshields when I laid the hellfire on top of the plexistar.. there isn't too much difference in size..I did notice that my hands were protected from the wind.. that will be nice when the colder weather comes.. I check my m.p.g each time I come back from a ride, so I will be sure to verify todays calculations..
 
The look of the PS2 is enhanced with a nice set of rlets. Sort of like cuff links. On a Playboy bunny.
Nice pics, glad it's working for you.

Ben
 
Thread starter
left overs from the 120 bikes I had.. about 2 years ago, I decided to pack it in and not restore any more bikes.. I had tons of good parts.. some I sold and some I gave to a friend of mine who has a motorcycle salvage company.. he agreed to "take it all" so it was just one load after another.. I mainly restored older goldwings.. you may be able to tell that from the seats..

.
279d1787fc303f6044648750e5447b22.jpg

.
a81c54ada9ab9b896ae84b1d717b02a9.jpg

.
1f01c676629b0842f2ab011152a2111c.jpg

.
eb63e2a923cee12a22a3e5c2c75afbc7.jpg

before G.O. points it out.. (he is so darned observant).. yes my bench was a little messy.. but I knew where a lot of thing were when I needed them.. here is the before and after.. I had to widen my path in to my back yard of a tri-plex I own, I had my 1800 goldwing converted into a tilting motor works trike..now I work up front mainly in my little garage where the seats are..

.
27d45b30f2502a82ddd205066731f18c.jpg

.
b081499adbfb2e77285a82c259b83e54.jpg

.
9c4625efeda24b06e5823e03d4f3a9c6.jpg
 
Love your Wings. Great job on those. A man came in my restaurant the other day ogling my CB. We got to talking and he said he has a '75. The 197th ever produced. I asked if it runs well, he said it did when I parked it 2 years ago. You know what comes next...can I buy it (always wanted a '75). May be in the works. I have a sickness.
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Love your Wings. Great job on those. A man came in my restaurant the other day ogling my CB. We got to talking and he said he has a '75. The 197th ever produced. I asked if it runs well, he said it did when I parked it 2 years ago. You know what comes next...can I buy it (always wanted a '75). May be in the works. I have a sickness.
Not a sickness; a passion that burns within. You are feelin' the burn.

If you had indicated a '75 HD of some sort, then one may suggest you caught a sloppy cold.

- - -

Chuckk's Wings are indeed pretty amazing.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
left overs from the 120 bikes I had.. about 2 years ago, I decided to pack it in and not restore any more bikes.. I had tons of good parts.. some I sold and some I gave to a friend of mine who has a motorcycle salvage company.. he agreed to "take it all" so it was just one load after another.. I mainly restored older goldwings.. you may be able to tell that from the seats..

.
279d1787fc303f6044648750e5447b22.jpg

.
a81c54ada9ab9b896ae84b1d717b02a9.jpg

.
1f01c676629b0842f2ab011152a2111c.jpg

.
eb63e2a923cee12a22a3e5c2c75afbc7.jpg

before G.O. points it out.. (he is so darned observant).. yes my bench was a little messy.. but I knew where a lot of thing were when I needed them.. here is the before and after.. I had to widen my path in to my back yard of a tri-plex I own, I had my 1800 goldwing converted into a tilting motor works trike..now I work up front mainly in my little garage where the seats are..

.
27d45b30f2502a82ddd205066731f18c.jpg

.
b081499adbfb2e77285a82c259b83e54.jpg

.
9c4625efeda24b06e5823e03d4f3a9c6.jpg

GO, we know your comments about Chuckk's bench before, and now, we would like to hear your reassessment after clean up , please...:P
I like the new varnish and natural look of it ...but what happened to all these spare parts???
:)
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
left overs from the 120 bikes I had.. about 2 years ago, I decided to pack it in and not restore any more bikes.. I had tons of good parts.. some I sold and some I gave to a friend of mine who has a motorcycle salvage company.. he agreed to "take it all" so it was just one load after another.. I mainly restored older goldwings.. you may be able to tell that from the seats..

.
279d1787fc303f6044648750e5447b22.jpg

.
a81c54ada9ab9b896ae84b1d717b02a9.jpg

.
1f01c676629b0842f2ab011152a2111c.jpg

.
eb63e2a923cee12a22a3e5c2c75afbc7.jpg

before G.O. points it out.. (he is so darned observant).. yes my bench was a little messy.. but I knew where a lot of thing were when I needed them.. here is the before and after.. I had to widen my path in to my back yard of a tri-plex I own, I had my 1800 goldwing converted into a tilting motor works trike..now I work up front mainly in my little garage where the seats are..

.
27d45b30f2502a82ddd205066731f18c.jpg

.
b081499adbfb2e77285a82c259b83e54.jpg

.
9c4625efeda24b06e5823e03d4f3a9c6.jpg

GO, we know your comments about Chuckk's bench before, and now, we would like to hear your reassessment after clean up , please...:P
I like the new varnish and natural look of it ...but what happened to all these spare parts???
:)
Based on the image, the finishing of the bench doesn't look complete yet. :D

However, the tassel was worth the hassle. :)

- - -

What a handy beer table it could be.
 
Chuckk’s biggest problem I see is that he just doesn’t have enough oil pans...
 
Thread starter
I brushed on 3 or 4 coats of urethane.. my goal was to seal the wood mainly.. the table is made to take abuse and I do just that at times.. I have filled many of those oil pans with nuts and bolts etc.. I don't fill them up too much, allowing me to finger through them looking for that special item.. I use a larger oil drain pan to service my bike.. I have a shed that I keep "stuff" in ..

.
cd322d81da578c10c3e98eef83564847.jpg

.
5054a46b2b2f9faf2089117b3f72d117.jpg

G.O. will have fun picking through my stuff haha ..
getting back on the subject, I did another fuel consumption test today .. as usual, it was a dirty job.. haha .. it seems to be very close to my first m.p.g. test that I did with the plexistar 2

.
784fe31f71c203cb12228c92294d5a86.jpg
 
Chuckk_imp said:
I brushed on 3 or 4 coats of urethane.. my goal was to seal the wood mainly.. the table is made to take abuse and I do just that at times.. I have filled many of those oil pans with nuts and bolts etc.. I don't fill them up too much, allowing me to finger through them looking for that special item.. I use a larger oil drain pan to service my bike.. I have a shed that I keep "stuff" in ..

.
cd322d81da578c10c3e98eef83564847.jpg

.
5054a46b2b2f9faf2089117b3f72d117.jpg

G.O. will have fun picking through my stuff haha ..
getting back on the subject, I did another fuel consumption test today .. as usual, it was a dirty job.. haha .. it seems to be very close to my first m.p.g. test that I did with the plexistar 2

.
784fe31f71c203cb12228c92294d5a86.jpg
Nah, ... although I am trying to determine which is your favourite margarine.

- - -

That is some pretty good fuel economy. For me to get close to that I will need to stay off the freeways (no big windscreen).
 
Thread starter
I was worried that I would loose mileage when I went to the larger windshield.. but I believe, I may be getting just a little bit better !! .. it may be the angle of deflection.. I was able to lay the plexistar 2 back more.. one more thing .. everyone has their favorite way of cleaning bugs off of their windshields and other surfaces.. well, I swear these two products are the way to go !! .. I spray the sponge and also the windshield, then give it a scrub.. then while it is still wet, I will follow up with two bounty paper towels.. the cinch cleans well, but also has a great smell that masks the funk coming from the dead bugs..

.
3ef5264be4d3b3757b658649c06ba860.jpg

.
fd17cdf4009c4996dbc0bad1a024249a.jpg
 
Personally I would never use a paper towel on a plastic windshield, but if it works for you..............
 
Thread starter
bounty is the best in my book.. I use it on my sun glasses too.. that will make people cringe .. no wonder I can't read my clock !! ..
 
:rofl: yea I kinda cringed when I read it.
 
Thread starter
Chuckk_imp said:
I brushed on 3 or 4 coats of urethane.. my goal was to seal the wood mainly.. the table is made to take abuse and I do just that at times.. I have filled many of those oil pans with nuts and bolts etc.. I don't fill them up too much, allowing me to finger through them looking for that special item.. I use a larger oil drain pan to service my bike.. I have a shed that I keep "stuff" in ..

.
cd322d81da578c10c3e98eef83564847.jpg

.
5054a46b2b2f9faf2089117b3f72d117.jpg

G.O. will have fun picking through my stuff haha ..
getting back on the subject, I did another fuel consumption test today .. as usual, it was a dirty job.. haha .. it seems to be very close to my first m.p.g. test that I did with the plexistar 2

.
784fe31f71c203cb12228c92294d5a86.jpg
just to add... I have checked my mileage 3 or 4 more times and the 55 m.p.g. seems to be holding.. that's good news.. today I will start to run a lightning cable from under my seat, up to my handle bars.. this will allow me to keep my iPhone at the ready for doing short videos.. I will try to fish the cable through, under the tank.. I have had the tank off once and that fuel connector was a pain !! ..

..
a5bbe615f09f4c14c1ac4bde1dcb40be.jpg
 
Back
Top