heated grip deal

Always thought Oxford grips to be the best of them all.... I'm with Ferret on this one. Friend of mine has them and they get pretty toasty! I'll definitely get them for next winter season.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Phew! Well, that wasn't simple, 4+ hours! 69 steps in the instruction manual! Other than routing the wiring harness, probably the most difficult step was dealing with the throttle cables. You'll need to add some slack to the line to remove and reinstall the right grip. So, you have to dig deep down under the tank and somehow fiddle with the adjuster, not fun.





So now I have some extra parts I'd like to get rid of. 5 bucks plus shipping and they're yours. Paypal (gift please) or send me a check. PM me for details and shipping cost.


stock grips and throttle tube $5


Chrome bar end weights $5
 
Job well done... Just curious why can't you use the Chrome Bar ends weight still?
 
Thread starter
Grips Sold.

Kirk Out
clearviewx_imp said:
Job well done... Just curious why can't you use the Chrome Bar ends weight still?
The stock grips are longer than the heated grips. The end weight slides inside the stock grip to make contact with the vibration dampner. You can see the difference between the two different weights in this photo:



I was surprised about the difference. You can see the two grips compared here:



I took a look at those other products mentioned in the above posts. They are a bunch cheaper but IMHO the install is not as clean. I don't want another function panel on the bike and I don't think they shut off with the ignition. Or do they?

Kirk Out
 
Back
Top