Heated gear?

ride4now_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hey guys… quick question. Is the charging system on my 2014 DLX capable of running heated gear? In my case, a Touratech heated vest? I’ve never used heated anything with this bike and wish to ride it tomorrow… in the cold. TIA!
 
I run a warm n safe heated jacket liner on mine without an issue
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys!!! I’ve just never used heated gear on this bike and am planning on riding in a big toy run. I’d hate to pop a fuse and go dead in the middle of it!
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I wouldn't live any place that required heated gear to ride.
Yes but what about riding to places and elevations that can be cool? Or riding in rain for long periods because 58* in rain can be pretty cold. Heated gear saves a lot of space when traveling too, a heated jacket liner packs to about the size of a small kids football.
 
Ollie_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I wouldn't live any place that required heated gear to ride.
Yes but what about riding to places and elevations that can be cool? Or riding in rain for long periods because 58* in rain can be pretty cold. Heated gear saves a lot of space when traveling too, a heated jacket liner packs to about the size of a small kids football.
Yes but what about riding to places and elevations that can be cool? Or riding in rain for long periods because 58* in rain can be pretty cold. Heated gear saves a lot of space when traveling too, a heated jacket liner packs to about the size of a small kids football.
I try to avoid riding any time or place when I'll need heated gear. I have stuffed my jacket with crumpled newspaper before, and it wasn't too bad, but it's not something I look forward to doing again.
 
Stick with heated gloves, if all you need is an engine warmup for 30min and in moderately low temps (down to 45-50F), once in a while. Protect face and neck. No heated jackets, pants, or boots required.
Of course lower temps, and longer rides makes you think you need more elec. equiment, but honestly ... is it really fun to ride around the wet patches, leafs, ice and snow and constantly pray that the next SUV baron pays attention ?
 
Coming out of ABQ at O:dark thirty in August, leaving Datil, New Mexico in the early morning - August again and Death Valley first weekend in November, approaching and leaving Death Valley Junction - I was icy hot. Bits in ice while other electrical parts were very warm.

Have since added a heated seat and that does an excellent job of keeping your core warm (still like the electric jacket liner). I find heated glove liners more useful and work better than heated gloves. They heat all around the fingers and you can use them with different gloves.

Side bar: Cycle Gear sells a Freeze Out neck liner. I have found for my use case, the neck is the weakest link in clothes meant to keep you warm. that neck liner is the bees knees. Combined with a fleece turtle neck solves that problem nicely.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Coming out of ABQ at O:dark thirty in August, leaving Datil, New Mexico in the early morning - August again and Death Valley first weekend in November, approaching and leaving Death Valley Junction - I was icy hot. Bits in ice while other electrical parts were very warm.

Have since added a heated seat and that does an excellent job of keeping your core warm (still like the electric jacket liner). I find heated glove liners more useful and work better than heated gloves. They heat all around the fingers and you can use them with different gloves.

Side bar: Cycle Gear sells a Freeze Out neck liner. I have found for my use case, the neck is the weakest link in clothes meant to keep you warm. that neck liner is the bees knees. Combined with a fleece turtle neck solves that problem nicely.
 
Back
Top