peterbaron
Road warrior
:rofl:...

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Quality of the battery plays a role, especially with AGM types.peterbaron_imp said:That is very short life for battery.
I live in Ontario, and my car’s battery life is almost 10 years and for motorcycle about 5 years.
Normal, acid type.
Quality of the battery plays a role, especially with AGM types.GoldOxide_imp said:Quality of the battery plays a role, especially with AGM types.peterbaron_imp said:That is very short life for battery.
I live in Ontario, and my car’s battery life is almost 10 years and for motorcycle about 5 years.
Normal, acid type.
An old school lead-acid battery can last up to 25 years if prudent care is taken. Farmers do this all the time with equipment. However again, battery quality is important.
My 2014 Honda OEM CB1100 AGM battery lasted five years. This was on the tail end of the expected length of battery life. No complaints. The bike saw a lot of outdoor exposure and was not pampered.peterbaron_imp said:My moto AGM, just passed 4th year
lol - you worked at a Central Office too?max_imp said:A bit outside our budget but these are the batteries G.O. probably means, they stand in banks on the floor of a telecom exchange To maintain 52 volts ( negative with respect to ground ), are on constant float charge in a ventilated room 100% on-line and have a design life of 20 years, the plates however are 8 mm. thick and the enclosure is glass, very heavy and expensive .
They need topping up with de-mineralised water and are tested on a regular schedule;
https://www.exponentialpower.com/stt2v700.html
I've a vague memory of it, but I've no idea how I did it. A quick search has not thrown up any clues.Lord Popgun_imp said:Cormanus, I’m not searching for it and it was a few years ago. You made your name a cool color and I wanted a cool color too. Maybe some others did too, I can’t remember. Anyway I think you got with Guth and he said no. Good call on his part. Smart man he is.
max_imp said:lol - you worked at a Central Office too?
I found the SRX600 difficult to start in cold temperatures.peterbaron_imp said:Nice bike
Likely the former since it was new at the time.Lord Popgun_imp said:Gold, was that inherent to that bike, or when the carbs needed cleaning/adjustment?