Headlight removal help

vjamodeo_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I'm installing the Comet 1 Fairing from Samurider.com but I can't get the headlight to come out. I removed the two side screws, but the top part is not coming loose. How do I remove the headlight?
 
Pull from the bottom straight out. There is a clip of sorts at the top. Once the bottom is free you can lift it up off the clip at the top.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thank you! That worked.:)

chync_imp said:
Pull from the bottom straight out. There is a clip of sorts at the top. Once the bottom is free you can lift it up off the clip at the top.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
vjamodeo_imp said:
I'm installing the Comet 1 Fairing from Samurider.com but I can't get the headlight to come out. I removed the two side screws, but the top part is not coming loose. How do I remove the headlight?
Cool. I have been wavering about whether to go with the Comet I or II. I know there are several fairing and Comet threads on here and have browsed most. Of course, I am so torn, I have so far ordered nothing.

I like the styling of the Comet I better but there have been comments about poor fit on the headlight with light shining back inside and having improve the seal, so I hesitate. I have the 2016 Canadian black checkerboard so I have decided to spring for the matching paint and trim and the tinted windshield.

Did you buy it new? Would love to hear your take on the fit and finish especially around headlight opening. Perhaps this will move me to action.

QimmiQ
 
Back
Top