Headlight Guard

does it have thse circle and colored bands or is it just clear? Personally I would go for domed if clear.I wouldn't go for any if it had those circles and bands. The headlight lens on the CB is plastic (Acrylic?) btw and not glass.
 
The ferret_imp said:
does it have thse circle and colored bands or is it just clear? Personally I would go for domed if clear.I wouldn't go for any if it had those circles and bands. The headlight lens on the CB is plastic (Acrylic?) btw and not glass.
Never had a headlight break yet, it would take one heck of a large object to bust it. Oil cooler probably could use one.
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
does it have thse circle and colored bands or is it just clear? Personally I would go for domed if clear.I wouldn't go for any if it had those circles and bands. The headlight lens on the CB is plastic (Acrylic?) btw and not glass.
Never had a headlight break yet, it would take one heck of a large object to bust it. Oil cooler probably could use one.
I have. I was on my way home from a 300 mile ride, the longest I had ever taken at the time as a new rider. It was a dark two lane road and I was about 10 miles away from anything.

Some lowlifes came by in an SUV the opposite direction as me and threw a water balloon at me, broke the headlight and cowl and nearly knocked me off my bike. I had no idea what hit me.

I had to ride home about 10 miles in the pitch black until I hit the city. The only lights I had were the amber running lights. When I got home I found the lamp had been shattered and the remnants of a water balloon hanging from the broken cowl. That's when I realized what had happened.

All these years later and I still get mad when I think about it. :@
 
If it's been "all these years" ago, that headlight lens would have been glass. THis is no longer the case as new lenses are now some sort of plastic. You DO have to watch what you clean it with though. The new lens scratches rather easily.
 
Have it on my BMW as the glass one on it is very expensive to replace and at over 20 years since last produced difficult to find.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top