Headlight bulbs

Just installed the new PIAA LED H4 Bulb. Haven't taken it for a test ride yet but sure does provide a lot of visibility!
2ea96a361b6df7fe8f3f8bd8dc124454.jpg
9ca99aade9857a5a4b83f8383bf0255d.jpg



2013 Honda CB1100-currently ride
2008 Honda VTX1800T-sold
2002 Honda Shadow Spirit-sold
 
Honda Lover_imp said:
Just installed the new PIAA LED H4 Bulb. Haven't taken it for a test ride yet but sure does provide a lot of visibility!
2ea96a361b6df7fe8f3f8bd8dc124454.jpg
9ca99aade9857a5a4b83f8383bf0255d.jpg



2013 Honda CB1100-currently ride
2008 Honda VTX1800T-sold
2002 Honda Shadow Spirit-sold
What are the small LEDs you have on the bottom? I would love to install some of those on my engine guards for dark Seattle weather.
 
olekzap_imp said:
Honda Lover_imp said:
Just installed the new PIAA LED H4 Bulb. Haven't taken it for a test ride yet but sure does provide a lot of visibility!
2ea96a361b6df7fe8f3f8bd8dc124454.jpg
9ca99aade9857a5a4b83f8383bf0255d.jpg



2013 Honda CB1100-currently ride
2008 Honda VTX1800T-sold
2002 Honda Shadow Spirit-sold
What are the small LEDs you have on the bottom? I would love to install some of those on my engine guards for dark Seattle weather.
What are the small LEDs you have on the bottom? I would love to install some of those on my engine guards for dark Seattle weather.

They are the Denali DM Micro LED lights in Chrome finish. Purchased them from Twisted Throttle.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/dena...-kit-with-full-wiring-harness-m8-mount-chrome

The mounting brackets are The Kuryakan 1" P Clamps. The chrome Denalli Engine guard brackets were only available in 1.25" and larger sizes. I have the 1" Honda OEM engine guards.
ad54f94fd8a582d2dc898baecb47381c.jpg


 
Does your PIAA LED retrofit lamp produce a horizontal rectangular pattern onto the road surface?
Or is the beam pattern now a horizontal "batwing", oval, or circular pattern?
 
JustCruising_imp said:
Any updates on the ADVmonster H4 R3 LED ? I see a couple of you guys have ordered recently :)
I've had one installed for a couple months now. Haven't had any issues. Still enjoying how much it lights up everything. I'm almost always riding in the city around streetlights so I don't notice a whole lot, but the other day on the way into work all the streetlights in an area were out. I was reminded of how much more output the LED has than my stock bulb ever did when riding in complete darkness.

I have an LED bulb in the taillight too. It's nice to not have to worry about a bulb burning out.
 
JustCruising_imp said:
Cheers olekzap.

Did it fit straight in with no mods, room in there for the heat sink etc ?

:idea:

I found The Piaa LED H4 bulb is a VERY tight fit into the CB1100 OEM bucket. I actually fed the H4 Connector from the bike and the transformer from the new LED bulb outside of the bucket and mounted it on the side between the tank and triple tree to free up more space inside the bucket.
 
olekzap_imp said:
JustCruising_imp said:
Any updates on the ADVmonster H4 R3 LED ? I see a couple of you guys have ordered recently :)
I've had one installed for a couple months now. Haven't had any issues. Still enjoying how much it lights up everything. I'm almost always riding in the city around streetlights so I don't notice a whole lot, but the other day on the way into work all the streetlights in an area were out. I was reminded of how much more output the LED has than my stock bulb ever did when riding in complete darkness.

I have an LED bulb in the taillight too. It's nice to not have to worry about a bulb burning out.
I've had one installed for a couple months now. Haven't had any issues. Still enjoying how much it lights up everything. I'm almost always riding in the city around streetlights so I don't notice a whole lot, but the other day on the way into work all the streetlights in an area were out. I was reminded of how much more output the LED has than my stock bulb ever did when riding in complete darkness.

I have an LED bulb in the taillight too. It's nice to not have to worry about a bulb burning out.

What brand/ model type of LED bulb have you installed in your taillight? Do you like it? How does the brightness compare to the stock rear halogen break bulb?
 
JustCruising_imp said:
Cheers olekzap.

Did it fit straight in with no mods, room in there for the heat sink etc ?

:idea:
It has a mesh heat sink so that helps. It's a tight fit but I got it all back together in less than 5 minutes. I originally forgot to install the rubber boot when I first got it so I had to take it back apart. Both times have been easy.
Honda Lover_imp said:
olekzap_imp said:
JustCruising_imp said:
Any updates on the ADVmonster H4 R3 LED ? I see a couple of you guys have ordered recently :)
I've had one installed for a couple months now. Haven't had any issues. Still enjoying how much it lights up everything. I'm almost always riding in the city around streetlights so I don't notice a whole lot, but the other day on the way into work all the streetlights in an area were out. I was reminded of how much more output the LED has than my stock bulb ever did when riding in complete darkness.

I have an LED bulb in the taillight too. It's nice to not have to worry about a bulb burning out.
I've had one installed for a couple months now. Haven't had any issues. Still enjoying how much it lights up everything. I'm almost always riding in the city around streetlights so I don't notice a whole lot, but the other day on the way into work all the streetlights in an area were out. I was reminded of how much more output the LED has than my stock bulb ever did when riding in complete darkness.

I have an LED bulb in the taillight too. It's nice to not have to worry about a bulb burning out.

What brand/ model type of LED bulb have you installed in your taillight? Do you like it? How does the brightness compare to the stock rear halogen break bulb?
I've had one installed for a couple months now. Haven't had any issues. Still enjoying how much it lights up everything. I'm almost always riding in the city around streetlights so I don't notice a whole lot, but the other day on the way into work all the streetlights in an area were out. I was reminded of how much more output the LED has than my stock bulb ever did when riding in complete darkness.

I have an LED bulb in the taillight too. It's nice to not have to worry about a bulb burning out.

What brand/ model type of LED bulb have you installed in your taillight? Do you like it? How does the brightness compare to the stock rear halogen break bulb?
I have this bulb in the taillight. It's not really any brighter than stock unfortunately. It does use red LEDs for the rearward facing light so it's a more intense red. It has a ring of white LEDs facing outward to light up the plate. I like it because it's more reliable than a standard bulb and I think LEDs look higher end than standard bulbs in general.

1157 LED Bulb - Dual Function 25 LED Motorcycle Bulb - 1157 19 Red LEDs 6 White LEDs
 
olekzap_imp said:
JustCruising_imp said:
Cheers olekzap.

Did it fit straight in with no mods, room in there for the heat sink etc ?

:idea:
It has a mesh heat sink so that helps. It's a tight fit but I got it all back together in less than 5 minutes. I originally forgot to install the rubber boot when I first got it so I had to take it back apart. Both times have been easy.
Honda Lover_imp said:
olekzap_imp said:
JustCruising_imp said:
Any updates on the ADVmonster H4 R3 LED ? I see a couple of you guys have ordered recently :)
I've had one installed for a couple months now. Haven't had any issues. Still enjoying how much it lights up everything. I'm almost always riding in the city around streetlights so I don't notice a whole lot, but the other day on the way into work all the streetlights in an area were out. I was reminded of how much more output the LED has than my stock bulb ever did when riding in complete darkness.

I have an LED bulb in the taillight too. It's nice to not have to worry about a bulb burning out.
I've had one installed for a couple months now. Haven't had any issues. Still enjoying how much it lights up everything. I'm almost always riding in the city around streetlights so I don't notice a whole lot, but the other day on the way into work all the streetlights in an area were out. I was reminded of how much more output the LED has than my stock bulb ever did when riding in complete darkness.

I have an LED bulb in the taillight too. It's nice to not have to worry about a bulb burning out.

What brand/ model type of LED bulb have you installed in your taillight? Do you like it? How does the brightness compare to the stock rear halogen break bulb?
I've had one installed for a couple months now. Haven't had any issues. Still enjoying how much it lights up everything. I'm almost always riding in the city around streetlights so I don't notice a whole lot, but the other day on the way into work all the streetlights in an area were out. I was reminded of how much more output the LED has than my stock bulb ever did when riding in complete darkness.

I have an LED bulb in the taillight too. It's nice to not have to worry about a bulb burning out.

What brand/ model type of LED bulb have you installed in your taillight? Do you like it? How does the brightness compare to the stock rear halogen break bulb?
I have this bulb in the taillight. It's not really any brighter than stock unfortunately. It does use red LEDs for the rearward facing light so it's a more intense red. It has a ring of white LEDs facing outward to light up the plate. I like it because it's more reliable than a standard bulb and I think LEDs look higher end than standard bulbs in general.

1157 LED Bulb - Dual Function 25 LED Motorcycle Bulb - 1157 19 Red LEDs 6 White LEDs
It has a mesh heat sink so that helps. It's a tight fit but I got it all back together in less than 5 minutes. I originally forgot to install the rubber boot when I first got it so I had to take it back apart. Both times have been easy.
:thumbsup: Cheers
 
The ferret_imp said:
Jim with the conditions you described.. No ambient light, no traffic lights, wooded, absolutely dark road..I would never be on the low beam..that would be 100% high beam for me and I have mine set to show me the longest distance on the road it can.
You would use the high beam even if you where concerned about deer etc in the neighboring woods ?
 
Yes if it is dark, dark, I'm using my high beam
 
Is there a concensus on high quality H4 bulbs that work well on the CB1100?

I am looking at the Motovision series by Philips, Silver Star by Sylvania, or possibly an LED bulb, as long as I don't have to modify the housing.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I like the Sylvania bulbs , had BAD luck with a LED H4 type bulb .
Thanks, I don't think I will be trying LED bulbs until there is a consensus.

I have a Honda Shadow that takes the same H4 bulb. I was thinking about getting a Sylvania Silverstar for one, and getting the Philips Motovision for the other, so I could compare them side by side...

Unfortunate the Motovision bulbs are sold out... Lol.

Luckily I don't need a bulb right away, I was just trying to be proactive.

I still think I will try one of each as they both seem to be popular halogen bulbs.
 
i have used these in a few projects
Truck-Lite-27270C-Headlamp
find them on amazon $165
they fit in the bucket of a 78 750
grate cut off line on low and nice hi beam
the reflector id designed for the led bulb
all self contained
 
rich_imp said:
i have used these in a few projects
Truck-Lite-27270C-Headlamp
find them on amazon $165
they fit in the bucket of a 78 750
grate cut off line on low and nice hi beam
the reflector id designed for the led bulb
all self contained

I used that on my Triumph Thunderbird Sport and love the quality and spread of the light. The only thing that bothers me is how the front lense stuck out almost 1/4” out of the bezel. I believe there is a new more retro looking lease from Groete that is as good but looks flush when on the rim. I know I need a better headlight on my newly acquired cb1100 and still need to do homework on that project.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top