Headers

PowerDubs_imp said:
You guys have to get permission to spend your own money on your own stuff?
Some people do, it's called a family. When you have a family it's not always your money anymore, it's "our" money.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Thank you oh late comer judgmental one.

There are certainly 'our' money costs- family stuff, mortgage, house, kids, maintenance, etc...

But I see waaay to many guys default to 'our money' which really isn't or worse giving the entire check entire check to the wife to decide. (Several people I know).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I don't split my money with the wife but I pay for the house, bills, landscapers, repairs, maintenance and cars so she can work part time because I have a young daughter. She makes decent money so she can have spending money for herself and pay for my daughters clothes and activities and food shopping. I pay for everything else which is about triple that. My money turns out to be our money one way or another.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
Btw- I am in my 40's, own my own home, own my own business, I am not a young 20- something. My wife understands- we each split the shared costs of living. We don't expect anything more than that. If she wants clothes or handbags she buys em, if I want toys I buy em. Each out of our own pocket. Our individual investments are funded.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Some weird glitch in the phone posting system--


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the sounds of it, your daughter is not her daughter, so sorta yea you have more responsibility and cost.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Completely understood and I pretty much do the same myself and always have untill we had a kid and she started working part time. I was just saying not everyone does it the same, some split money, some have wives that are stay at home mom's and they may have to ask to buy something. You can't knock them, everyone has a different situation.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
My wife makes all the money and I'm a stay at home husband. I get to spend whatever I want, no questions asked. If she tries to put constraints on me, I tell her as long as the kids are not getting in trouble, I do what I want, and she always gives in. I'm one of the quickest to lecture on how big a job parenting is. My situation is not for everyone. I know I'm lucky and I'm not sure why she puts up with me sometimes.

Also, we have no kids.
 
Thanks for "getting it," Cormanus. I was starting to think that either everyone was thinking I was serious, or that one of our local members, who know I'm a single dad of 3 teens, was going to call me out!
 
Rolls_imp said:
Thanks for "getting it," Cormanus. I was starting to think that either everyone was thinking I was serious, or that one of our local members, who know I'm a single dad of 3 teens, was going to call me out!
It was very funny, although I did pause for a moment unless the final statement was a typo!

Being the single parent of three teens is serious work. Good on you.
 
Back
Top