He he...

Thread starter
No clue. I haven't replaced my helmet yet and I'm not sure about my collar bone being strong enough yet for riding.
 
Looks great Randy! That top-case would be right at home on George Jetson's Space Scooter. You made a good call on the silver, it works great with the other colors.
 
Great, Randy. Well done. What's the capacity of the top box?
 
Thread starter
Good question. It looks as if a full face helmet should fit in there nicely with room to spare.
 
It does. I thought I'd use mine for my helmet but there always seems to be too much other stuff in there. :(
 
Thread starter
The really nice thing about it that differs from the ones we can get here in the states is the fact that it has the backrest on it. For some reason we can't get those here.
 
My wife likes the backrest on the Givi. It came standard with the top box, although I had to screw it on as I recall.
 
Looks nice but if I see you add saddle bags of some kind,you know I'm going to pick on you and ask why you just didn't buy a touring bike? :D
 
The CB1100 is a great touring bike.
 
Thread starter
ClassicVW_imp said:
Looks nice but if I see you add saddle bags of some kind,you know I'm going to pick on you and ask why you just didn't buy a touring bike? :D
I commute a total of 115 miles a day and I was getting tired of tying my bag to the seat so I got the top box. This will also allow me to carry my shoes in there so I can change when I get to work.

So no....no saddle bags for me. :P
 
I hear ya. I wear a uniform at work, along with uniform shoes. I just this evening installed the luggage rack. I'll use my soft squarish tail bag on it and hopefully have enough room to bring shoes and maybe fold my shirt in there too. I have a rear trunk on my other bike, but I haven't ridden it since I got the CB.
 
Thread starter
It looks quite a bit better than I thought it would with the box on it and the faring.
 
Looks great. But those tall round chrome rear view mirrors look totally out of place with that beautiful black front fairing. Needs black oval or square mirrors. Well done!

Chip
 
Thread starter
Look closely...it's not black.
 
Those fairings really do look good on this bike. if I wasn't a naked guy..oops let me rephrase that before Spaceman seizes the opportunity...if I didn't like the looks and riding experience of naked bikes so much, I think I'd have to go with one of those on my bike...in red of course.

Don't think I've seen one on a deluxe yet though.
 
The silver side covers finally have something to match, maybe that's what Honda had in mind when they put them on the bike. Looks very good Randy, you'll be on the road soon:thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Well seeing as I only had three choices withe the color, I figured the silver would be my best bet, and it seems to have worked out quite nicely.

Oh, and my full face helmet fits in the box. Its just that much snug, but nothing to overstress the hinge or anything.
 
Back
Top