redbirds_imp
Road warrior
I think only some trimming of the chain guide at the front sprocket is needed. The details have been shown in an older thread.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Mick,The ferret_imp said:In my experience a tooth on the counter sprocket is worth about 400 rpms. Ie: if you are running a given speed at 5000, going up 1 tooth on the counter will net 4600 at the same speed. Conversely it will make it slightly harder to take off, and might require a downshift for going up hill or passing.
It's a common misunderstanding, that lower revs would mean better mpg in every case.rbike_imp said:As soon as I get my 19/35 combo from 7GD, I'll be posting my results. I don't expect any problem off the line, only a great reduction at hwy speeds 4,000 will become 3,401. The 14 models do 3300 @ 70. I also expect hwy mpg (@70mph) to go from 43.5 to apx 50. The 3.9G tank will then be matched to performance correctly - IMHO without the need for a 4.4G tank upgrade.
Django,Django_imp said:It's a common misunderstanding, that lower revs would mean better mpg in every case.rbike_imp said:As soon as I get my 19/35 combo from 7GD, I'll be posting my results. I don't expect any problem off the line, only a great reduction at hwy speeds 4,000 will become 3,401. The 14 models do 3300 @ 70. I also expect hwy mpg (@70mph) to go from 43.5 to apx 50. The 3.9G tank will then be matched to performance correctly - IMHO without the need for a 4.4G tank upgrade.
A petrol engine has its best fuel economy at revs at max. torque, which is 5,500 rpm for our CB.
That means, doing exactly the same speed in the same gear at 3,300 instead of 4,000 will reduce mpg. But luckily not much or noticable, as our motor has a very flat torque characteristic.
For the details: Engine efficiency - Wikipedia
Cited: "Engine efficiency peaks in most applications at around 75% of rated engine power, which is also the range of greatest engine torque (e.g. in most modern passenger automobile engines with a redline of about 6,000 RPM, maximum torque is obtained at about 4,500 RPM, and maximum engine power is obtained at about 6,000 RPM). At all other combinations of engine speed and torque, the thermal efficiency is less than this maximum."