Has anyone added these Blaze Panniers ?

Chapomis_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Mainly looking for pics and feedback. Looks to be a nice system.



I know there are a lot of threads on this, but i'm also trying to figure out the best light relocation method.
 
I was originally going to get these, but once I determined the signals required relocation, it made me rethink that. I haven't seen a lot of blinker relo kits that looked good, though this one I could live with:

http://japan.webike.net/products/9447436.html

Takashi at Samurider can probably get this kit, too.

I ended up with a single left side leather saddlebag with a relief cut out for the blinker. It was designed for a Harley Sportster, but I made it work on my bike. It still doesn't hold much, but I have my V-strom kitted out with luggage.

The SW Motech Blaze system is nice in that it easily removes leaving just a trace of hardware behind.
 
Chapomis, let me ask, do you ride alone? If so you might want to check out these tourmaster soft saddlebags that do not require ts relocation or brackets

The right size saddlebags
 
Thread starter
Both solo and 2up. I did see yours....I remember the sneakers :) Let me ask you though...before I forget...did you add the gaiters yourself ? Not too sure I want to take the front of my bike apart. Also, do you have a stock number for those ? Mr. T has them but I wouldn't think they should cost that much.
 
Yes I added the gaiters from a 2001-2002 Kawasaki W650. Taking the front end off just means taking off the front wheel and sliding the tubes out. When you are ready for a front tire, you could do it then and you are half way there.
Good gaiters are expensive. The Kaw units cost about $100. Crazy huh?

How To install Fork Boots aka Gaiters

I'm on way out now, but will dig up number when I return

Kaw Part Numbers:
49006-1335 (boots) x 2
 
Chapomis_imp said:
Mainly looking for pics and feedback. Looks to be a nice system.



I know there are a lot of threads on this, but i'm also trying to figure out the best light relocation method.
I really like those bags too. But I also am not keen, he he, on moving my turn signals. I like them where they are. Ferret's Tourmaster bags might be the way I go. I'm also considering going with the Kriega stackable system. Kriega US-20 Drypack - RevZilla

They have a 30 liter, 20 liter, and 10 liter bags, all of which can be fastened to one another (the 10s on the side). My thought is to start with the 20 and add the 10s if necessary. And when I eventually get ready to plan a multi-state ride, I'll add the 30.

Currently, when I need to transport stuff, I've been using a gym bag that I cargo net to the rear seat. Ugly, but it works. I also wear a backpack on occasion.

Well, other than saying, "I really like those too," I've managed to not answer anything you were asking about. In fact, me liking them too isn't even an answer. Forgive me. I'm only half way through my first cup of coffee. Did I tell you I like those Blaze bags too?
 
Thread starter
My problem is that I am "ascetically challenged"....meaning that if it doesn't look ascetically correct, I challenge it. (I'm the guy who you have over for dinner and I walk around straitening pictures...there is probably an acronym for that). A lot of the CB 1100 appeal for me was its Retro Design, and short of classic spoke wheels, in my eyes, perfect. For my purpose I need to add means to carry my stuff...at least a bottle of wine on the way home (never before or during) and I don't want to muck up this beautiful machine. Thanks to the forum I have seen a lot of mods, more than I could have found on my own, thank you and keep em coming !

"A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff." George Carlin
 
Chapomis_imp said:
My problem is that I am "ascetically challenged"....meaning that if it doesn't look ascetically correct, I challenge it. (I'm the guy who you have over for dinner and I walk around straitening pictures...there is probably an acronym for that). A lot of the CB 1100 appeal for me was its Retro Design, and short of classic spoke wheels, in my eyes, perfect. For my purpose I need to add means to carry my stuff...at least a bottle of wine on the way home (never before or during) and I don't want to muck up this beautiful machine. Thanks to the forum I have seen a lot of mods, more than I could have found on my own, thank you and keep em coming !

"A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff." George Carlin
If you're not busy this weekend, stop by for dinner.

I'm with you on the difficulty of adding luggage in keeping with the bike's design. So far, the only thing I've seen that comes closest to that goal is the single-sided leather bags available on Samurider: http://www.samurider.com/?p=13325/#itemImage

One of those would serve you nicely if, like you said, you don't have much to carry. Kind of pricey though for a single bag.



Hmmm...now that I look at that photo closer, it appears these bags would require you to relocate your turn signals as well.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
My problem is that I am "ascetically challenged"....meaning that if it doesn't look ascetically correct, I challenge it. (I'm the guy who you have over for dinner and I walk around straitening pictures...there is probably an acronym for that). A lot of the CB 1100 appeal for me was its Retro Design, and short of classic spoke wheels, in my eyes, perfect. For my purpose I need to add means to carry my stuff...at least a bottle of wine on the way home (never before or during) and I don't want to muck up this beautiful machine. Thanks to the forum I have seen a lot of mods, more than I could have found on my own, thank you and keep em coming !

"A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff." George Carlin
If you're not busy this weekend, stop by for dinner.

I'm with you on the difficulty of adding luggage in keeping with the bike's design. So far, the only thing I've seen that comes closest to that goal is the single-sided leather bags available on Samurider: http://www.samurider.com/?p=13325/#itemImage

One of those would serve you nicely if, like you said, you don't have much to carry. Kind of pricey though for a single bag.



Hmmm...now that I look at that photo closer, it appears these bags would require you to relocate your turn signals as well.

If you're not busy this weekend, stop by for dinner.

I'm with you on the difficulty of adding luggage in keeping with the bike's design. So far, the only thing I've seen that comes closest to that goal is the single-sided leather bags available on Samurider: [url=http://www.samurider.com/?p=13325/#itemImage]http://www.samurider.com/?p=13325/#itemImage


One of those would serve you nicely if, like you said, you don't have much to carry. Kind of pricey though for a single bag.



Hmmm...now that I look at that photo closer, it appears these bags would require you to relocate your turn signals as well.


It's a magic carpet ride ...
 
Thread starter
.......and my exhaust....deluxe.

I like the looks of that bag though and the relocation kit they offer is better than others I have seen. Far enough away from the tail light, but still a little close together. A wider version of that would work . I liked the thread where someone designed and once-offed pieces to send them strait back just a couple of inches, keeping the same spread.
 
Chapomis,

That would be aesthetic.

Sorry, Not to be the board grammar Nazi, but that was just too much for me. And straightening. Never mind.

Flame on! :)

I think your problem on the picture thing is called obsessive/compulsive disorder (OCD). Man, I hope I spelled that correctly...

Sorry, slow day at work.
 
Thread starter
Today's plan is..... to just start with the black back rack w/handles (matches the frame and I hate polishing chrome) and have the simple over the seat panniers available (for grocery shopping).

Yesterdays plan was....

I never could spell and it looks like my spell ckeck can't either
 
Kawasaki Rubber fork Gaiter part numbers added above and to How To
Kaw Part Numbers:
49006-1335 (boots) ..you need 2

The nice thing about throw over soft luggage, is when you get to where you are going, you simply remove them and stick them in your room. NO brackets are left behind to mar the looks of your bike (I take a couple one week trips a year, like down to NC for the rally, or on the Fall Men's Trip), where I will need more room for stuff than my tail pack and tank bag will hold and I don't want the brackets showing 365 days a year so that I can use them for only 14. I certainly didn't want to have to relocate my rear turn signals permanently. YMMV
 
Those black ones are bad to the bone and I think Samurider has a relocation kit for the turn signals. Discussed in another thread somewhere.

I can find it if you need it.
 
Thread starter
Not sure if they sell it separately, but it comes with bag guard kit.

Thanks for the part number Ferret. Any fear of rubbing without bag guards on yours ?

What I liked about the Blaze set were the brackets, fairly discrete
 
No nothing rubs. I have used them on 2 trips now, and will be using them in May going to the rally.

There was an awesome looking set someone posted awhile back, looked great on the bike, but the brackets were kind of glaring. I'll see if I can find the pic.

Found it

20% off Hepco&Becker
 
Aesthetics on the one hand, practicability on the other.
It's even better, if both come together, but that's a matter of eyesight.

I put a pair of Fehling holders with the removal kit and sattlebags on the Honda without
removing the signals. Didn't know, how this will work with a
passenger on board. Sometimes I'll find it out. I don't really like topcases
or similar stuff like that and I'm not a backpacker, but always transport something
with honda.

Here is a picture of my construction, so you get an idea:



Wisedrum
 
I'm pretty sure the Japanese Domestic model CB is what is shown in Takashi's photos, and with that bag,and the relo kit he sells only works on those bikes. I don't know why there isn't a simple relo kit / mini blinker sold for the US market bike.
 
Back
Top