Harley museum

JMA_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
So I am out in Milwaukee on a non-motorcycle related trip and I conceded just enough on some other stops to convince my group to take a trip to the Harley museum. I've never been, and, full disclosure, never had the privilege of throwing my leg over a Harley.

Though I love my Honda, the strongest among us cannot truly deny the American allure that is Harley Davidson.

Any recommendations for the museum from those that have been?

:beerchug:
 
I can deny the allure of Harley Davidson.
 
I live 90 miles from there and have not been yet. I hope to this summer. Let me know what you think of it.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
I live 90 miles from there and have not been yet. I hope to this summer. Let me know what you think of it.
My group was mostly Milwaukee locals that said how they always thought of visiting but never would have if not for an out of towner. It's funny how that works.

The museum was pretty cool, had some interesting facts and lots of bikes to look at, both old and new. Apparently in 1907 one of the Harley OGs rode from Milwaukee to New England on one of the early models! How cool is that? Also, the 1977 Sportster came with a cafe kit that looks awfully familiar ...



:thumbsup::biker:
 
Worth the trip. I'm not a Harley guy myself, but I'd still love to go there. They are a brand with a storied history who have made tons of cool machines over the years. I'm sure it's worth the stop.
 
I'm sorry but after owning 2 Harleys I've come to the conclusion that they all belong in the museum. 1970's vintage Hondas are still better designed. Thank God they invented silicone or they would still leak. :rofl:
 
JMA_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
I live 90 miles from there and have not been yet. I hope to this summer. Let me know what you think of it.
My group was mostly Milwaukee locals that said how they always thought of visiting but never would have if not for an out of towner. It's funny how that works.

The museum was pretty cool, had some interesting facts and lots of bikes to look at, both old and new. Apparently in 1907 one of the Harley OGs rode from Milwaukee to New England on one of the early models! How cool is that? Also, the 1977 Sportster came with a cafe kit that looks awfully familiar ...



:thumbsup::biker:
My group was mostly Milwaukee locals that said how they always thought of visiting but never would have if not for an out of towner. It's funny how that works.

The museum was pretty cool, had some interesting facts and lots of bikes to look at, both old and new. Apparently in 1907 one of the Harley OGs rode from Milwaukee to New England on one of the early models! How cool is that? Also, the 1977 Sportster came with a cafe kit that looks awfully familiar ...



:thumbsup::biker:
For the record that's an XLCR 1000 made from77-79 and pretty collectible
 
I have been there twice on work sponsored trips. Ya, I got paid to tour the Harley museum.
I would go again just to see the impressive displays of military bikes. If those old military bikes could talk the stories they would tell,,,
 
I went a few years ago and I'd go back in a heartbeat. Excellent museum!! Good restaurant there too! Worth the trip.

47916e99c0a42af2f5fd1928bd56d8be.jpg


9c8767b02ae6d13ccdc978e54d472dab.jpg


2072035e0e514afc1fad3c2ab1b448fd.jpg




7a1f27fc621f9e4b24f58de044d6ad26.jpg
b740145ce922b48b96847d6e8b52f138.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top