hard bags

rich_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
i picked up a set of hard bags off amazon i picked these because the shape of the lids match the tanki will be able to add matching stripes.http://cb1100forum.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
well i was going to post photos of the install but do not remember how
i remover grab handles and turn sig. at the connectors i found connectors with pig tails at cycle gear on line so i do not cut up stock lights
i used the brackets that came with the bags they bolted on to grab handle holes at front and the whitehouse adaptor at rear. they have a dog legs that lets them clear the chain Gard i bent them out just a bit to let the bags sit level they still need to be curved a bit to fit the shape of the bag
i remover the old reflectors and used the dremal to open up one hole and used an old set of lights that look like mid 80s honda
on the right side the bag just misses the pipe, although i like the sound of the yoshi. not so found of the looks. looking at an 18in reverse cone from Cone engineering
the whitehouse adapters are a bit bendy so i get some 1X1/2 flat stock drill and tap 2 new ones now i can remove it all and find matching hardware.
just in time for my weekend with AHRMA at willow springs. i volunteer and get in to the races for free
look for a short story around the first of may
now back to the photo problem
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif
 
rich_imp said:
i picked up a set of hard bags off amazon i picked these because the shape of the lids match the tanki will be able to add matching stripes.http://cb1100forum.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
well i was going to post photos of the install but do not remember how
i remover grab handles and turn sig. at the connectors i found connectors with pig tails at cycle gear on line so i do not cut up stock lights
i used the brackets that came with the bags they bolted on to grab handle holes at front and the whitehouse adaptor at rear. they have a dog legs that lets them clear the chain Gard i bent them out just a bit to let the bags sit level they still need to be curved a bit to fit the shape of the bag
i remover the old reflectors and used the dremal to open up one hole and used an old set of lights that look like mid 80s honda
on the right side the bag just misses the pipe, although i like the sound of the yoshi. not so found of the looks. looking at an 18in reverse cone from Cone engineering
the whitehouse adapters are a bit bendy so i get some 1X1/2 flat stock drill and tap 2 new ones now i can remove it all and find matching hardware.
just in time for my weekend with AHRMA at willow springs. i volunteer and get in to the races for free
look for a short story around the first of may
now back to the photo problem
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif
I wonder if you got the same bags I've been looking at.

If you want to email the photos to me I will post them on here for you. DM me for the email if you want

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Hes figuring it out as we speak, I suggested Tapatalk. That is what you guys suggested to me when I couldn't get photos to upload and I've been using it ever since!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
so when you remove the grabe handles you have no way to lift it up on the center stand. i have been using a sh
29ed8c83ea60ab53243af93b919f995d.jpg
ort
06ff4487c605693bd8941ea6a0f234d6.jpg
strap aroun
4e6d1ec8cd6fa478df95422139844b74.jpg
d the shock
ead8bb1a3fcf82704b52eb01422d5e71.jpg
d0a9396a82c73300eb17be6bfe01a98e.jpg

2ed photo shows how the mounts need to be bent to fit the shape of bags
5th photos shows spacer on the rear mount to keep the bags lined up with the frame so rear of bags do not point in
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
Looks great! Those are rhe same bags I've been looking at :)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
they where not packed well it looked like someone returned them with out wrapping them up
han some rub marks from the box
wanted to return but since they will be painted to match the seller refunded $40:)
 
I have the Japanese police Cb1100 hard bags...and yours look similar- just purchase a Kimja bar to put between the seat and the bags.

Yea- still a pain to grab it compared to no bags... but waaay better than nothing and looks cool too.
 
rich_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Looks great! Those are rhe same bags I've been looking at :)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
they where not packed well it looked like someone returned them with out wrapping them up
han some rub marks from the box
wanted to return but since they will be painted to match the seller refunded $40:)
they where not packed well it looked like someone returned them with out wrapping them up
han some rub marks from the box
wanted to return but since they will be painted to match the seller refunded $40:) Which supplier/brand did you go with? I see these universal bags from a few "Brands"

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
rich_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Looks great! Those are rhe same bags I've been looking at :)

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
they where not packed well it looked like someone returned them with out wrapping them up
han some rub marks from the box
wanted to return but since they will be painted to match the seller refunded $40:)
they where not packed well it looked like someone returned them with out wrapping them up
han some rub marks from the box
wanted to return but since they will be painted to match the seller refunded $40:) Which supplier/brand did you go with? I see these universal bags from a few "Brands"

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
they where not packed well it looked like someone returned them with out wrapping them up
han some rub marks from the box
wanted to return but since they will be painted to match the seller refunded $40:) Which supplier/brand did you go with? I see these universal bags from a few "Brands"
i think they came from gdrasuya
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I used a set of soft Cortech bags for a while, then put them on the NTM Suzi and put the Givi box back on the Honda. I don't like it so much, and it is really annoying to use the effing key every dam time, but what are you gonna do?
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
I used a set of soft Cortech bags for a while, then put them on the NTM Suzi and put the Givi box back on the Honda. I don't like it so much, and it is really annoying to use the effing key every dam time, but what are you gonna do?
RE the Givi:

Doesn't the key provide security?

Can you not unlock the Givi and pull the key out, put yer junk in and then latch it close?

Having the Givi key permits managing yer junk while the ol' CB is idling.
 
I have to have the key in my Givi top case to be able to lock it.
 
The key is required to open and close/latch the box. I suppose I could put the Givi key on its own ring, but that would be another bit of kit to keep track of. Why can't they make it work both ways?
 
Yeah, my Givi and Givi-compatible top boxes allow the key to be removed so they can be latched/locked later without the key. Very convenient.

The brainless side cases hang on to the key while open. I guess too many owners lock their keys inside the cases. That seems like a "user error".
 
Back
Top