hard bag modification

Chuckk_imp

Been there
Thread starter
quite awhile ago, I made up some brackets for hard bags for my 2017ex.. I didn't want the bike to look like an overburdened burro, so I chose some pretty small hard bags.. they were ok, but kind of limiting due to their size.. another thing I didn't care for was the lock.. it always took the key to get into the bag.. then also, I wasn't too happy with my choice of LED directionals.. all of those things combined with Charlotte's disapproval of the first bags, inspired me to go bigger.. I may have posted the making of the frames for my hard bags.. I don't remember.. my new bags utilize latches that can be locked or not.. I chose a much larger and better looking LED directional also.. I have pics, if Peter would be so kind as to post them .. I feel so helpless.. and a burden .. sorry Peter..
 
Chuckk if you have the ability to down load pics and attach them to an email to Peter, it's the exact same procedure to download them to a hosting site like imgur and you can post them here yourself. It's really very easy.
 
Chuckk_imp said:
quite awhile ago, I made up some brackets for hard bags for my 2017ex.. I didn't want the bike to look like an overburdened burro, so I chose some pretty small hard bags.. they were ok, but kind of limiting due to their size.. another thing I didn't care for was the lock.. it always took the key to get into the bag.. then also, I wasn't too happy with my choice of LED directionals.. all of those things combined with Charlotte's disapproval of the first bags, inspired me to go bigger.. I may have posted the making of the frames for my hard bags.. I don't remember.. my new bags utilize latches that can be locked or not.. I chose a much larger and better looking LED directional also.. I have pics, if Peter would be so kind as to post them .. I feel so helpless.. and a burden .. sorry Peter..
PICS FOR CHUCKK:

a1c397dc2bc65a86dfc4525fe372718b.jpg


05b8b810b79600d3ba73f3a74ffe2b55.jpg


c61bc26fb99f6bf6fa1c3ec8f4036535.jpg


2bae2bbd1305f7941775d237b043d9ee.jpg


cdf231c9667b1dda5fa26682946e2bc0.jpg


cdab92313c8d8ab9b678eddb5966e20c.jpg



a79b7131bc9d887a40e565236bfd851b.jpg


9476d92421cf8b00854fd5dd1bca57a7.jpg


1a2b891a7d6460331432ca996dcfb06b.jpg


While Chuckk was sleeping, Charlotte did all the mods and pics.... good cat :thumbsup::P

:D
 
Chuckk,

That looks really nice!

But you know the unwritten rules. What brand are they and where does one get them? :)

Had to ask you as Charlotte isn’t talking ;)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Chuckk,

That looks really nice!

But you know the unwritten rules. What brand are they and where does one get them? :)

Had to ask you as Charlotte isn’t talking ;)
Yes, she is Popgun...just offer her some milk and mouse for best results :P
:)
 
Thread starter
meeyow.. meeyow..purrrr.. opps !! (kitty translator turned on now) .. hi !! Charlotte here .. yes, I did all the work while chuckk watched.. the purr came from when the job was finished.. I left the posting to chuckk .. my paws just don't allow me to use a keyboard very well.. chuck did his best, but his postings are still very limited and thanks to Peter, the pics got posted.. I will stay on chucks butt, to learn the posting of the pic's intricacies .. I will research the source of the new, larger hard bags.. then report back.. the bigger question might be, did chuckk post the pics showing the group how he constructed the bracketry to mount the bags.. chuckk sent picks out to many friends, but doesn't recall posting them here.. if anyone would know, it would be Peter .. the pics are still available for posting, if needed.......... your furry friend, Charlotte
 
:rofl:

I would like to see the bracket fab/mounting.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
:rofl:

I would like to see the bracket fab/mounting.
maybe wait to hear from Peter.. he may have posted the pics already.. I tried to see if I had posted and didn't find any posts pertaining to the brackets.. but I don't know my way around the site very well .. Charlotte is just shaking her head..
 
...no more bracket pics in my possession to post :-/
need to email some more Chuc.., ops, Charlotte ...:P
 
Thread starter
Charlotte suggested I post this.. pics may be coming of my hard bag bracket fabrication.. by looking at the pics, you can get a pretty good idea of how I did it.. when I installed the larger bags, I just needed to drill one more hole.. all 4 mounting bolts are surrounded by collars and the rubber grommets that came with the hard bags.. no luck on a link to the bags that I purchased on eBay.. they are 26 liter bags.. if I find out more, I will post it..
 
Chuckk_imp said:
Charlotte suggested I post this.. pics may be coming of my hard bag bracket fabrication.. by looking at the pics, you can get a pretty good idea of how I did it.. when I installed the larger bags, I just needed to drill one more hole.. all 4 mounting bolts are surrounded by collars and the rubber grommets that came with the hard bags.. no luck on a link to the bags that I purchased on eBay.. they are 26 liter bags.. if I find out more, I will post it..
Thank you Charlotte... and CHUCKK :P
Here is en extension to this thread:

d3035b52d9cc024debfcf9cd378f1ecf.jpg


f35e090b140b9e8b0f6425e2d3d57a52.jpg


dff80b3d4b32497a3846109d26f4eb66.jpg


c0734911e08339e8fcc4cd603e84a658.jpg


06ff431759a6b1cc7651b5f8c4513f05.jpg


7d195e183b90af5c6741b88a284dd26c.jpg


4c6afb12d3e73d896707db172c747b69.jpg


6571ee2c5edd29796535479cecb04622.jpg


Charlotte, keep eye on your boss...

:beerchug:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Chuckk_imp said:
Charlotte suggested I post this.. pics may be coming of my hard bag bracket fabrication.. by looking at the pics, you can get a pretty good idea of how I did it.. when I installed the larger bags, I just needed to drill one more hole.. all 4 mounting bolts are surrounded by collars and the rubber grommets that came with the hard bags.. no luck on a link to the bags that I purchased on eBay.. they are 26 liter bags.. if I find out more, I will post it..
Thank you Charlotte... and CHUCKK :P
Here is en extension to this thread:

d3035b52d9cc024debfcf9cd378f1ecf.jpg


f35e090b140b9e8b0f6425e2d3d57a52.jpg


dff80b3d4b32497a3846109d26f4eb66.jpg


c0734911e08339e8fcc4cd603e84a658.jpg


06ff431759a6b1cc7651b5f8c4513f05.jpg


7d195e183b90af5c6741b88a284dd26c.jpg


4c6afb12d3e73d896707db172c747b69.jpg


6571ee2c5edd29796535479cecb04622.jpg


Charlotte, keep eye on your boss...

:beerchug:
(meow)
 
Quick lighting update from CHUCKK:

efc62069cf116ab3ea7f1214b8698bf1.mp4



5726057c402dc8c5e698ec7091170cb7.mp4


Is there any competition going on between you and Charlotte?..:P

:cool:
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Chuckk,

That looks really nice!

But you know the unwritten rules. What brand are they and where does one get them? :)

Had to ask you as Charlotte isn’t talking ;)
Here is an update for you and others from Charlotte boss:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26L-Hard-S...RK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

124e74a154362a7f7a58e50529996cf3.jpg


P.S Charlotte is NOT included

:cool:
The boxes seem incredibly low cost.
The boxes seem incredibly low cost. G.O. I paid about $65. for mine from the same seller.. when I looked at the lower price, I was almost tempted to by an extra pair !! .. just in case anything bad happens, God forbid.. they may be out of stock now .. i'm not sure.. they seem to be pretty darned good for the money.. I carry a half gallon of gas, tools, and a tire repair kit in my right bag.. it seems to be holding up just fine.. I'm sure there are others that are stronger, for more money, but I took the approach, support the bag well, with good mounting brackets and it will last.. I could have given them even more support on the bottom, but they seem ok..
 
Back
Top