Happy Honda

Southwend

Running like a top
Thread starter
Recently finished a 1340 mile trip all the way down the Blueridge Parkway into the Smokey Mountains and back. Bike was flawless and admired at almost every vista pullover. Views, if you have never been, are just breathtaking.
This trip occurred after a Guhl reflash of the ECU. I have ridden the Parkway prior to the reflash and I really noticed the difference. The Parkway used to be a 3rd-4th gear dance up and down the steep grades and around the curves. This trip the parkway changed to a 4th-5th gear proposition. I didn't feel much in the way of a horsepower difference but the bike had noticeably more grunt at lower RPM. I was even pulling hills at 45mph in 6th gear with a perfectly happy non-lugging motor. I also noticed less engine braking, don't ask me why. Overall the reflash, albeit expensive, was well worth it-A very happy Honda.
 
What do you mean Views, if you have never been, are just breathtaking......I've never been there....any pics, please? :)
 
Love the BRP

Love the CB

Good combo southwend, glad you had a good trip
 
Baron Peter, word has reached us Down Under that, if you fill a 500 ml syringe with disinfectant (preferably Dettol) and inject it directly into an artery, you'll immediately be immune to COVID and pretty much everything else. You'll probably never have to change the oil in your CB1100 either. You could try that and then heard south for a look at the Blue Ridge Parkway. I've seen a bit at the southern end and it was lovely. Here's a couple of pictures to whet your appetite.



[url=https://postimg.cc/tZqfG8bD]

[url=https://postimg.cc/qg7Ybfjv]

[url=https://postimg.cc/QH9zDQLL]

[url=https://postimg.cc/nsY55pyC]

[url=https://postimg.cc/xJ6ZfgTQ]

[url=https://postimg.cc/TyXFCpHz]

[url=https://postimg.cc/BPtVXDXK]

[url=https://postimg.cc/JtdFST2c]
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Baron Peter, word has reached us Down Under that, if you fill a 500 ml syringe with disinfectant (preferably Dettol) and inject it directly into an artery, you'll immediately be immune to COVID and pretty much everything else. You'll probably never have to change the oil in your CB1100 either. You could try that and then heard south for a look at the Blue Ridge Parkway. I've seen a bit at the southern end and it was lovely. Here's a couple of pictures to whet your appetite.



[url=https://postimg.cc/tZqfG8bD]

[url=https://postimg.cc/qg7Ybfjv]

[url=https://postimg.cc/QH9zDQLL]

[url=https://postimg.cc/nsY55pyC]

[url=https://postimg.cc/xJ6ZfgTQ]

[url=https://postimg.cc/TyXFCpHz]

[url=https://postimg.cc/BPtVXDXK]

[url=https://postimg.cc/JtdFST2c]

They forgot to tell you that you have to stick a UV light up yer butt too. That's why most here have taken the "I'll take my chances" route.
 
Thank you for nice pics ( last is the best) Master Cormanus!


P.S. I see some members have good experience with a syringe and UV light...:P
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
What do you mean Views, if you have never been, are just breathtaking......I've never been there....any pics, please? :)
yes I will attempt to post them.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Baron Peter, word has reached us Down Under that, if you fill a 500 ml syringe with disinfectant (preferably Dettol) and inject it directly into an artery, you'll immediately be immune to COVID and pretty much everything else. You'll probably never have to change the oil in your CB1100 either. You could try that and then heard south for a look at the Blue Ridge Parkway. I've seen a bit at the southern end and it was lovely. Here's a couple of pictures to whet your appetite.



[url=https://postimg.cc/tZqfG8bD]

[url=https://postimg.cc/qg7Ybfjv]

[url=https://postimg.cc/QH9zDQLL]

[url=https://postimg.cc/nsY55pyC]

[url=https://postimg.cc/xJ6ZfgTQ]

[url=https://postimg.cc/TyXFCpHz]

[url=https://postimg.cc/BPtVXDXK]

[url=https://postimg.cc/JtdFST2c]

better than my pictures, the tunnels took a little getting used to.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Thank you for nice pics ( last is the best) Master Cormanus!


P.S. I see some members have good experience with a syringe and UV light...:P
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Not yourself :P but these three :rofl::rofl::rofl: guys instantly placed you in my Buddy's list :D
:beerchug:
 
Houtman_imp said:
I personally like the engine braking in the mountains and that why I often stay in a lower gear.
I ride The Pace in the twisty parts. Stay in 3rd and use engine braking for slowing and rarely touch the brakes and upshift to 4th only occasionally, then back to 3rd.
 
i do wonder about that guhl flash from time to time....now that i have a 2nd machine and can afford to pull my ECU for a couple weeks without it ruining my life.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I personally like the engine braking in the mountains and that why I often stay in a lower gear.
I ride The Pace in the twisty parts. Stay in 3rd and use engine braking for slowing and rarely touch the brakes and upshift to 4th only occasionally, then back to 3rd.
I ride The Pace in the twisty parts. Stay in 3rd and use engine braking for slowing and rarely touch the brakes and upshift to 4th only occasionally, then back to 3rd.

I try and ride smoothly and pick good lines so I don't have to speed up, slow down, brake or shift much. ;)
 
I love the blueridge parkway. Only drive it once, and in one of my cars, but it was fantastic.

Is that sign above real? Looks too silly to be..
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I love the blueridge parkway. Only drive it once, and in one of my cars, but it was fantastic.

Is that sign above real? Looks too silly to be..
Its real and they sell a T shirt with that symbol on it too. It was for a decreasing radius turn iirc. Notice the following sign in the distance
 
Back
Top