Happy birthday Yamaha

I'll have to give my FJR a riding party
 
I think I've had 9 or 10 Yamaha street bikes plus 1/2 dozen Yamaha dirt bikes. Been good bikes.
 
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
cooldrum_imp said:
I have a '74 RD350 and it still has the ring a ding ding sound! Thanks Yamaha! :)
If it ain't smokin' it's broken!

I dream of the day I'll have an RD in my garage for fun :rolleyes:
If it ain't smokin' it's broken!

I dream of the day I'll have an RD in my garage for fun :rolleyes:
A quick back story to the RD. A close friend I grew up with owned the RD. We rode together in High school and college. Post college, we both got married and were busy raising our families. His bike seized up and it remained parked in his garage for 30 years. He was busy with career/family. I suggested when I saw him he should get it going so we could go riding again. Rob said, " That's for retirement." He did retire and gave me the bike after being diagnosed with kidney cancer. Picking up the bike I said to myself I think we can get it going. With the help of a friend and HVC cycle in Lincoln, NE for parts. We brought the bike back to him (he was on hospice now) and he sat on it, I kicked it over and he heard it one more time ringing through those JR chambers! A very special moment for all of us! A few weeks later, Rob passed away. I still have the bike and ride it just for fun to hear it and smoke up my neighborhood! The RD is very quick with the first overbore and 6 speeds, it just flies along! I ride a 2013 CB and that motor is just amazing too. RD's are around, just be patient and you can find one. Enjoy the ride when doing life. Russ
 
Thread starter
A great story indeed.
 
I never have owned a Yamaha either. You know what we called them back in the late 60's/early 70's..... I just cannot say it. But, I am saving to buy an old, retro bike, no joke, old. I have been looking at RD350's and RD400's as in my possible selection choice. Or a CB 360 to 400,or a GS400 Suzuki. It really depends on what is for sale when I finally get the money saved. My goal is by Christmas. Happy Birthday Yamaha....
 
Back
Top