handlebars

wiredgeorge_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Only two niggling points regarding my CB1100A...
1. tired wrists
2. disgusting silver side covers

Since I don't see the side covers when riding, seems the wrist thing would be better taken care of first. I have 1" risers on now. The bars are still a couple inches too low. Has anyone swapped stock bars for aftermarket to bring them up about 3-4 inches? If so, was there enough throttle cable and clutch/brake cable? Don't much like to ride with weight on my wrists except when in go-fast mode where I don't notice.
 
There is no way there will be enough cable slack to reach a bar 3 or 4" higher than stock. The guys with 1 1/4" bar backs have said theirs have been tight and required re- routing.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
There is no way there will be enough cable slack to reach a bar 3 or 4" higher than stock. The guys with 1 1/4" bar backs have said theirs have been tight and required re- routing.
I have a lot of cables at the shop... I am in the bike business (don't sell them, just collected over time) so will start looking at the CB cable ends and lengths. The brake and clutch lines will require a bit longer pieces and that should be fairly easy since there are universal lines available from Russell and Goodridge and such; JPCycles.com carries a nice variety with adapter hardware.
 
wiredgeorge_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
There is no way there will be enough cable slack to reach a bar 3 or 4" higher than stock. The guys with 1 1/4" bar backs have said theirs have been tight and required re- routing.
I have a lot of cables at the shop... I am in the bike business (don't sell them, just collected over time) so will start looking at the CB cable ends and lengths. The brake and clutch lines will require a bit longer pieces and that should be fairly easy since there are universal lines available from Russell and Goodridge and such; JPCycles.com carries a nice variety with adapter hardware.
I have a lot of cables at the shop... I am in the bike business (don't sell them, just collected over time) so will start looking at the CB cable ends and lengths. The brake and clutch lines will require a bit longer pieces and that should be fairly easy since there are universal lines available from Russell and Goodridge and such; JPCycles.com carries a nice variety with adapter hardware.
There are a couple of treads about this. My experience has been that a 2" rise made everything too tight on my '13. I had 2" longer brake lines installed and rerouted the rest and it's working. But the throttle cables are about as tight as I'm comfortable with, so any higher with the bars would be too much. As you say, just go with longer stuff and you'll be good to go.
 
Back
Top