Handlebar Grips - eliminate the 'buzz'

Nightengale_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I'm looking for suggestions on new grips. My bars buzz. Took another ride today and came back with numb hands.

What do other owners suggest?
 
I use foam overgrips on mine. I don't remember the brand or the price but they should be easy to find on line with the entry foam handlebar grips. They slide on on top of the stock grips and will cut back the high frequency buzz quite a bit.
 
Wouldn't know, I never use the handle bars on long rides. The force is always with me!

Seriously, I use grip puppies and love them. I have large hands and some say they are two large. They fit me perfectly.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I try to leave my wings at home, but being a Nightengale makes it very, very difficult. Just wait till you hear me sing!
 
I use Grip Puppies as well. Softens the grips and increases the diameter so your hands are not twisted so tight.

Another thing that causes hand numbness is tight fitting gloves. I bought a pair of snug leather gauntlets. They felt great until I started to ride, then the seam at the bottom of the thumb cut the circulation off. I now wear slightly larger soft deerskin gloves with no hand problems.
 
Thread starter
I'll give the puppies a try. I don't think it's the gloves, I've ridden other bikes with these just fine with no issues. The bike is stock, except for the Arrow exhaust, but I don't think that is a cause of the vibration.
 
"Character" the HONDA valve and cam engineer said. Speed limit in Japan: 60 MPH. Could not be difficult for them to eliminate this "character" for the sake of American freeways. That's at the expense of the backroads sound and character for sure. Or you could just put a mini valkyrie motor in it. That thing is nice. Smooooth. Sounds really nice too. Heavy machine but a mini one would be sweet.
 
Grip Puppies for me too :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
To be honest, I wasn't experiencing very much vibration, but they have a nice feel and I'm glad I fitted them.
 
I never really noticed much vibration with this bike but my giant hands used to get cramped from the narrow grips. Grip puppies really made an improvement on how long I could ride comfortably.
 
Back
Top